Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Clans to Close December 14th

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Clans to Close December 14th

I don't remember mentioning locking myself up in my clan, I do have many friends outside clans.
    But out of curiosity:
    Were you here when the chat threads were closed?

And hey, even if it's not end of the world, it is the end of what we worked upon.

Otaku katsoyori33 is off to a good start katsoyori33's Avatar
    Thanks

NOOOOOO! DONT close the clans! please?pleeaaase?? why do u have to? r u trying to make members not come here anymore? please answer me.

Meow. :3

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katsoyori33 View Post
    NOOOOOO! DONT close the clans! please?pleeaaase?? why do u have to? r u trying to make members not come here anymore? please answer me.
    What do you care? You arent a member of any clan, You don't even qualify to be a member of any clan...

Please avoid posting on topics that clearly do not concern to you! Post like this one are considered spam, and if you continue you will be dealt accordingly...

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

I think I have had enough; you want “outrage” ok here is some for you. We ask what do you want from this site and we get nothing, we ask what is wrong…what we could do better and all we get is “I get infractions for GASP breaking the rules & the mods are too mean” Funny I have been here longer then a majority of you and never had an issue and I was here many years before becoming a mod. You should see the way “up standing members of AO” talk to us for their inability to follow the rules, yeah the mods are the “mean” ones. Let any ONE of you become a mod for a week and issue an infraction to one of your so called friends, see how those apples pan out for you.

It sucks to be a mod sometimes; you think I like giving out infractions to my friends? People I like, admire and respect? NO. But I am a mod because I want to see AO be the best it can be. I am active because I want this site to be better than “IT SUCKS” What are you doing?

We offer contests WITH PRIZES WHICH COST US MONEY and few enter. Take the Karas contest DB had to GIVE the prizes away to who ever entered and even some who didn’t do anything, there was no judging…heck you could have put a character on a black background and got a prize.

Yeah-real domination there by the “experts” there so I call your BS and raise you another example. Shinku no kage, how long has this user been making sigs!? Who won the last SOTW? How much has this user progressed in such a short time in their sig making? WHY, cause he practiced and got better. He didn’t hide in a clan and whine about things being unfair.

OPEN YOUR EYES, get off the “AO is no fun” and either make it better or leave, I am tired of whining about how bad things are and those same people don’t do crap for the site. If you want something work for it and if you STILL hate the site that much just LEAVE. If you need an area to write a poem about how AO did you wrong then take a hint…maybe you don’t need to be here any more.

And don't think the clans are the only area on the chopping block, there are a number of them and some that are going to get revamped. All to make the site as a whole more of a community and not just those in a clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    @ Chiefblackhammer: - When you mentioned your clan, I think you forgot to mention that no two clans are the same. My clan, so far, enjoys ours, it's no dull, monotonous place.
    You make it sound like my clan was dull and boring; the fact is my clan had a lot of fun and was the BEST on AO hands down. I mean why not, we were quite active, we made the clan competitions (which only 1 other clan ever put any effort into attempting), got to know each other and decided that some of the things we did in our clan might even be fun for everyone so we created the “Name that anime” type threads. Gasp!? Outside clan activity?? No way!

Heck most of the members I asked to join where ones I noticed from the boards and had made friends with before hand. So why close it? Cause I and the other mods realized that there was nothing going on in the clans we couldn’t do on the boards. And by pushing it out to the boards we would make the site tighter and more fun.

Unless your clan is a crap feast of whining emo kids who need to place a poem about how AO & their mods suck. I guess those people will be out of luck.

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, Chiefblackhammer, then can I ask if we can pull our gaming threads out into the main forum? Or is that a big nono? I mean that's what I loved about our clan, the games. Soooo, can we?

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fireandice View Post
    Well, Chiefblackhammer, then can I ask if we can pull our gaming threads out into the main forum? Or is that a big nono? I mean that's what I loved about our clan, the games. Soooo, can we?
    The one that can answer you that is Dragon Ball, if he aproves them then they will be accepted... I asked him before if I could create one game thread and he accepted it, and this was before I was appointed as gallery moderator...

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

You can make any thread you want as long as it isn't against the site rules. The name that anime thread is a "game" but it is designed to increase the knowledge of the topic viewers...if your games serve a similar purpose then go for it...if you are in doubt PM a mod an example and they will let you know.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    I think I have had enough; you want “outrage” ok here is some for you. We ask what do you want from this site and we get nothing, we ask what is wrong…what we could do better and all we get is “I get infractions for GASP breaking the rules & the mods are too mean” Funny I have been here longer then a majority of you and never had an issue and I was here many years before becoming a mod. You should see the way “up standing members of AO” talk to us for their inability to follow the rules, yeah the mods are the “mean” ones. Let any ONE of you become a mod for a week and issue an infraction to one of your so called friends, see how those apples pan out for you.

It sucks to be a mod sometimes; you think I like giving out infractions to my friends? People I like, admire and respect? NO. But I am a mod because I want to see AO be the best it can be. I am active because I want this site to be better than “IT SUCKS” What are you doing?

We offer contests WITH PRIZES WHICH COST US MONEY and few enter. Take the Karas contest DB had to GIVE the prizes away to who ever entered and even some who didn’t do anything, there was no judging…heck you could have put a character on a black background and got a prize.

Yeah-real domination there by the “experts” there so I call your BS and raise you another example. Shinku no kage, how long has this user been making sigs!? Who won the last SOTW? How much has this user progressed in such a short time in their sig making? WHY, cause he practiced and got better. He didn’t hide in a clan and whine about things being unfair.

OPEN YOUR EYES, get off the “AO is no fun” and either make it better or leave, I am tired of whining about how bad things are and those same people don’t do crap for the site. If you want something work for it and if you STILL hate the site that much just LEAVE. If you need an area to write a poem about how AO did you wrong then take a hint…maybe you don’t need to be here any more.

And don't think the clans are the only area on the chopping block, there are a number of them and some that are going to get revamped. All to make the site as a whole more of a community and not just those in a clan.

You make it sound like my clan was dull and boring; the fact is my clan had a lot of fun and was the BEST on AO hands down. I mean why not, we were quite active, we made the clan competitions (which only 1 other clan ever put any effort into attempting), got to know each other and decided that some of the things we did in our clan might even be fun for everyone so we created the “Name that anime” type threads. Gasp!? Outside clan activity?? No way!

Heck most of the members I asked to join where ones I noticed from the boards and had made friends with before hand. So why close it? Cause I and the other mods realized that there was nothing going on in the clans we couldn’t do on the boards. And by pushing it out to the boards we would make the site tighter and more fun.

Unless your clan is a crap feast of whining emo kids who need to place a poem about how AO & their mods suck. I guess those people will be out of luck.
    Whoa there, calm down
    I am outraged, but that doesn't mean I'm blaming at everyone, kay kay?
    How about ... one of the mods gets to be a normie for a day and gets to hear from '67 about how useless us normies are? Sometimes they just give the hint, and hate to break it to you, it hurts. Bragging on about "no mod loves me" is stupid and untrue.
    And as far as I know, a lot of us ... especially The White Wolf did tell you to be more understanding of how newbies and normies feel.
    Scared. And I don't blame them.
    And hey, Chief-sami, if they rant on about how mods are "mean" and if half or more of the time it's untrue, ignore them. You don't bark on the street dog barking at you, now, do you?
    I'm not against giving warnings/infractions to the ones who don't follow the rules. But when they get warning or an infraction for adding "HOMO" in a thread is Unnecessary. Homosexual? Homosapien? Who cares?

I wouldn't mind giving out infractions to my pals if they deserve it.

And about Shinku No Kage- It's called talent. By newbies I assumed you would understand people with difficulties using or making graphics. Like a plain black background with straight white lines =/ Or unmatching vectors =|
    I know I can win this, but me entering the contest is a different story. Lemme tell you this too, prizes are catchy, but instead of spending money you may give credits for the minor ones, like SOTW and so on. But you don't have to give off prizes ... you don't have to. It's understandable. Everyone is human here.
    Well except for one guy I'm confused butanyways

I don't remember doing bad for AO either And I'd be glad to leave BUT I have people I want to be with. Heck, I participate and don't piss anyone off nor I hold serious grudges. Who the hell said AO is not fun? I said AO would be less fun [and before you start quoating me about my previous posts, that is what I trully meant]

And well this is nothing new. I always get this type of responses when I present my opinion about serious matters [regarding the site]. If not inside our clans, where do we post our opinions on AO? Inside our journals? I gues you can, but how often is anyone going to look at it?

I post in threads or "Name That Anime" like threads if they grab my attention. I have no intentions of posting useless crap in threads which don't relate or get my attention.

As a veteran here on AO, I have rights to express my views BUT at the SAME TIME, I know I should not push the limits while I do so.

AO is already a great community. So how much more till we make it a family? I presume that's what the clans were for.

And kudos for your clan, however I don't remember saying that ANY clan other than mine is dull and grey! And quite frankly I don't share the same opinion even though your clan was the best. Just keep the subject at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    Don't you ever dare Pointing fingers is childish.
    And picking on a kid about 8 years younger is any honourable?
    Please check my clan out. None of us are emo.
    And, if we do place a poem, what do you think is going to happen?

Actually, I am quite lucky to be where I am

And, AO is already "tight"

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast