Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Clans to Close December 14th

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Clans to Close December 14th

I am not so ignorant to the feelings of newbies that I forget how they feel, I am a newbie on a number of sites and frankly I DO understand. Which is why I don’t beat them up, you don’t see me cussing them out or ignoring them when they PM me. But, there are some on this site, maybe not you but like the old saying is “If you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, the one that yelps is the one it hit” So if my comments (which where directed towards the general attitudes of posts in this thread and not any one person) where not applicable to you then great for you but it is still applicable to some.

I haven’t seen any mod stating that members are “useless” so please enlighten me; all I see is mod haters stating how bad we are. Ignore it? Sure but at some point you have to tell them to shut up or leave before they start to drag other members or the site down.

As far as Shinku No Kage…sure talent it maybe, but there are others who aren’t so talented and they win…heck let me tell you this, I am in no way artistic or talented yet I have won the last 2 or 3 out of 4 I entered. Why? Bets me, there where better entries in my opinion than mine but that doesn’t mean I didn’t try and it paid off for me. Equinn set a goal to just get 1 vote not long ago and look at her, she is quickly going to surpass me and I am proud for her. Those who don’t try don’t win and don’t get better, you are either driven to be better by those around you or you are destined to quit. Plus who says you can’t post topics asking for help?

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    And kudos for your clan, however I don't remember saying that ANY clan other than mine is dull and grey! And quite frankly I don't share the same opinion even though your clan was the best. Just keep the subject at hand.

Don't you ever dare Pointing fingers is childish.
    And picking on a kid about 8 years younger is any honourable?
    Please check my clan out. None of us are emo.
    And, if we do place a poem, what do you think is going to happen?
    I never said you did, I said you make it “sound” like my clan was dull and boring, since I can only speak about my clan I offered my view on my clan, nothing more. As far as my comment about emo kids…if it isn’t what your clan is then it shouldn’t bother you. All I said was that unless your clan is “that” then you have nothing you can’t do on the normal boards. How is that pointing fingers, childish or devoid of honor?

As far as placing a poem like that, I hope you get what is coming to you. What right do you have to talk crap about other members or the site and expect no punishment? Surely if I wrote a poem like that about you or something you held in high regards you would feel the same no?

Even still, I have never told anyone they couldn’t express their views, but don’t get all bent out of shape if they differ than mine, like wise yours won’t do that to me.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    I haven’t seen any mod stating that members are “useless” so please enlighten me;
    Quote Originally Posted by 67
    And quite frankly, I don't give a rats ass what you think is a valid reason for banning someone, you're not staff, so you are moot.
    Hmm, seems like my post was deleted, but as a response to Chief's post where he asked to show a proof where a mod considered a member useless, here it is.

And like I said again, I will edit this post later due to internet connections.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't want clans to be closed and as i see someone already expressed what i feel exactly ... because this site is not a "conference" it is a "forum" .. i mean why should i post if i didn't have any place to spam or do non-sense crappies and have fun ...
    and we don't feel superior on others we feel more close that's it .. if anyone wanted to join a clan he's only asked for activity and nothing more .. so it's not like we're trapped inside .. and the more the site becomes tight the more i lose my will to post outside the clan threads .. i mean hey look at me i participate quite a lot in my clan and post outside it a lot as well

Quote Originally Posted by GallComp View Post
    Out of the 10K+ registered members only 68 belong to a clan, and about half of those members didnt even bother to participate in them, so there is no dark day or flood of members leaving because of this closure. At the end clans are nothing more than a waste of resources...
    and you forgot that of those 10K+ you mentioned 8+K of them just register here and/or post one or two posts before leaving the site with no return ...

And for the heavy load thing .. why just put a limit of posts for each clan like 300 post or something .. i mean we don't get posts nor credit points count yet we post there .. so if the clan leader would "remove" the clan old posts instead of putting them in Vault (which no one looks at) it would be better and wouldn't hurt or cost anyone anything at all since there was no "merit" in the first place ....
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    Hmm, seems like my post was deleted, but as a response to Chief's post where he asked to show a proof where a mod considered a member useless, here it is.

And like I said again, I will edit this post later due to internet connections.
    That in no way suggests that members are useless, just that when it comes to bannings your opinion doesn't matter. Why? Because Dragon Ball owns this site and he has established the whens and whys to bannings. Furthermore, out side of infraction based bannings which are system driven, he is the one that "bans" the people. Not us mods. That is his right as a owner. The mods just inforce the rules which leads to bannings, if you want to be honest even us mods opinions don't matter when it comes to certain things. It is DB's site, he does as he wishes. We are fortunite enough to be allowed input but that doesn't mean our opinion will matter in decision making.

Even so, none of that makes anyone useless.

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    Unless your clan is a crap feast of whining emo kids who need to place a poem about how AO & their mods suck. I guess those people will be out of luck.
    __________________________________________________ _________________

but hammer can the mods ect not cheeck the clans ....ect....and i dont think the clan ledders would hev exspepted people slabering on about the mods.....they barly lt it happen wiht other members soo why just let it happen to mods in the clans do the ledders not try to keep personal stuff like that out and keep in in there pm's.....? am i right?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by equinn View Post
    Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    Unless your clan is a crap feast of whining emo kids who need to place a poem about how AO & their mods suck. I guess those people will be out of luck.
    __________________________________________________ _________________

but hammer can the mods ect not cheeck the clans ....ect....and i dont think the clan ledders would hev exspepted people slabering on about the mods.....they barly lt it happen wiht other members soo why just let it happen to mods in the clans do the ledders not try to keep personal stuff like that out and keep in in there pm's.....? am i right?
    Nope, can't see any clan I don't belong to...only Len, Trunks and DB can see them if I remember and I wasn't saying that there was mod bashing or AO hating going on. Just that those coupled with spam are the only things that you can do in a clan that you can't do on the boards. So unless those are the things you are interested in then the clan removal isn't a big deal.

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah but with the clans as deo or koga said firendshipd became stronger and all that ... and yes there are things u can do in clans in witch you can not do in the forms... if w made a chat louge we would get a spam woring or somthing hammer.....

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Friendship can still be made outside of the clans. In fact, even more than having your discussions in the clan. You may even create new friends as they see more of the way you post.

As for spamming, the vast majority don't like to see it. And we are catering for the vast majority here rather than the minority. No matter what direction we take, we cannot please everyone. We are just trying to do the best we can to create a better AO.

As mentioned by chiefblackhammer above, only admins (myself and Trunks) can permanent ban a member. All other mods can only temp ban when giving infractions.

Thank you.

EDIT:

Woops... Only Head Mod, Super-Mods and Admin can permanent ban users. Other mods cannot. The below are those who can permanent ban members:
    • Dragon Ball
    • Trunks
    • LenMiyata
    • Legend
    • Hassun
    • kedar
    • Miroku4444
    But no need to worry... warnings are usually given beforehand. Permanent Bans are usually reserved the criminals... eg: New members who spam their ads, cause havoc and so on.
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Dec 07, 2007 at 09:36 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast