Closed Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Clans to Close December 14th

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Clans to Close December 14th

huh??? i dont even know what u mean there Legend

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Whyyyyy?

I like the clans! I like my clan! I don't think there's any reason to close the clans down..
    They're fun, enjoyable, and I dunno.. those of you who never joined, y'all missed out.

And everyone saying "closing the clans will better the posting, better the quality blahblah" - what.ever! Closing the clans isn't going to make people write better.

I liked the clans because it made members closer to each other, as where in the forums all you can talk about is the topic, and then if you want it to get personal you PM someone.. but in the clan, you know a smaller group of people can you have group discussions.. and I just don't think it's cool to shut that off.

I love all the additions and improvements you bring to AO DB, but I don't agree with this. I know it isn't going to change anything.. But c'mon..
    I mean, I don't think any of the mods were in clans.. except for maybe a few and just because they weren't participating in their clan doesn't mean everyone else wasn't participating in their own. Yes there were inactive members, but there are like a million inactive members here at AO altogether.

I respect your decision though.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by equinn View Post
    huh??? i dont even know what u mean there Legend
    If you look at your profile, at top of your profile is a bar with the links "Profile, Discussion, Blog, etc" (depending on your settings) In the discussion section it's just like another forum within the profile. If you guys must absolutely have a place to bad mouth and/or play games just designate someone's profile to do it. Just like a clan you should be able to set it so only certain people can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    But c'mon..
    I mean, I don't think any of the mods were in clans.. except for maybe a few and just because they weren't participating in their clan doesn't mean everyone else wasn't participating in their own. Yes there were inactive members, but there are like a million inactive members here at AO altogether.
    Nah, this is not a "wahahahaha, let us mods do something to agitate the members". Off the top of my head, LenMiyata, Gren, Chief, Deo, Sazzy, Gall, Me are all in one of the clans. Yeah I'll miss it too, but hey the site has a direction we need to go on. The clan is a liability in a way.
    Last edited by GallComp; Dec 07, 2007 at 09:42 PM.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    That in no way suggests that members are useless, just that when it comes to bannings your opinion doesn't matter. Why? Because Dragon Ball owns this site and he has established the whens and whys to bannings. Furthermore, out side of infraction based bannings which are system driven, he is the one that "bans" the people. Not us mods. That is his right as a owner. The mods just inforce the rules which leads to bannings, if you want to be honest even us mods opinions don't matter when it comes to certain things. It is DB's site, he does as he wishes. We are fortunite enough to be allowed input but that doesn't mean our opinion will matter in decision making.

Even so, none of that makes anyone useless.
    Then why say "you are moot"? Why not just say that my opinion doesn't matter and at-least try try to be nice like the mods say they are? When I asked things nicely I didn't get a nice response back. He gave me unecessary stuff which was out of the question, furthermore, really getting on my nerves. Tell me honestly, jus how many times do I behave like a rotten 8 year old kid?
    Gallcomp, for example can spend extra joules to move his mouse and put a smiley face. Even if he/she didn't, the PMs were nice.

Anyway, not that smileys really matter, just telling you that just giving off the vibe is just as bad as saying it to the face.

Otaku aeonking is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    Then why say "you are moot"? Why not just say that my opinion doesn't matter and at-least try try to be nice like the mods say they are? When I asked things nicely I didn't get a nice response back. He gave me unecessary stuff which was out of the question, furthermore, really getting on my nerves. Tell me honestly, jus how many times do I behave like a rotten 8 year old kid?
    Gallcomp, for example can spend extra joules to move his mouse and put a smiley face. Even if he/she didn't, the PMs were nice.

Anyway, not that smileys really matter, just telling you that just giving off the vibe is just as bad as saying it to the face.
    Now I don't mean to step in between you and Chief but I don't know why you guys have to argue over things that have already been decieded.

DB has made his choice let everyone know about it and I just think that should be end of the story.

Yeah sure clans were great (even if I were a new member in HOJ) but if the Mods and DB think that ending clans is the best thing for AO then let it happen and leave it alone.

I'm sure DB above all knows whats best for AO after all he is the owner and the owner knows best right?

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    If you look at your profile, at top of your profile is a bar with the links "Profile, Discussion, Blog, etc" (depending on your settings) In the discussion section it's just like another forum within the profile. If you guys must absolutely have a place to bad mouth and/or play games just designate someone's profile to do it. Just like a clan you should be able to set it so only certain people can see it.
    Thats all well and good, but if the staff so much as catches wind that the rules of the site are being broken in those personal threads (Which the staff do have access too), its a privilege that will quickly be lost.

If you abuse it, you will lose it.

personally, I hate zoints.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aeonking View Post
    Now I don't mean to step in between you and Chief but I don't know why you guys have to argue over things that have already been decieded.

DB has made his choice let everyone know about it and I just think that should be end of the story.

Yeah sure clans were great (even if I were a new member in HOJ) but if the Mods and DB think that ending clans is the best thing for AO then let it happen and leave it alone.

I'm sure DB above all knows whats best for AO after all he is the owner and the owner knows best right?
    Not being rude, but being an owner isn't always the same as knwoing all.
    Anywho, since there is no point arguing ...

Otaku aeonking is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    Not being rude, but being an owner isn't always the same as knwoing all.
    Anywho, since there is no point arguing ...
    Very true.

But when they are gone people will just forget about them anyway.

Thats why I don't see the point in people making such a fuss about something they are just going to forget a few month later.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast