Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Creating Polls can only be done by Elite Members and Above

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Creating Polls can only be done by Elite Members and Above

sorry bd but i dont think this makes any sence i know u want more members to be ative and all but u think that they will post more so they can make a poll ??.... well i dont think thats fair at all ....

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by equinn View Post
    sorry bd but i dont think this makes any sence i know u want more members to be ative and all but u think that they will post more so they can make a poll ??.... well i dont think thats fair at all ....
    No, this has nothing to do with wanting activity. Members have been abusing the poll feature lately with unnecessary polls. So, we expect that elite members, who have been active around here long enough, should be mature enough to not abuse a feature.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

It can also be seen as a special privilege for Elite members and above. The higher up in the ranks you go, the more privileges you get.

If a normal or community member wants to post an intelligent poll, then they could always PM a mod or friend who can do this on their behalf. But it's up to the individual if they want to take the time to do this.

We're just trying to avoid polls such as "Do you like it?" etc. which was starting to occur all too frequently.

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats cool. I was a bit confused. Thanks for answering my question and not putting me down as a whiner.

PS. I love my new sig!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Another thing is, the newest polls on the forums will end up on a panel on the front page...So whenever we have a stupid poll it shows up on the very first page that visitors see...We don't want a potential member to see that we allow Grade-A Moose Piss quality of a poll on this forum...

Once again, it's too bad that everyone has to suffer for the wrongdoings of a few..

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Lupas is off to a good start
    Thanks

haven't posted for a while my appoligies, i'd just like to remind everyone humans w/ power tend to abuse that power(someone'll get mad at this and prove my piont!)

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lupas View Post
    haven't posted for a while my appoligies, i'd just like to remind everyone humans w/ power tend to abuse that power(someone'll get mad at this and prove my piont!)
    Are you accusing me of abusing my mod powers!? Note to self kidnap this user for probing later…

On a serious note, while you are right that some people abuse the power they have and others gain a complex from their “status” we normally are very laid back with things and only handle issues as they arise. Unfortunately there have been a number of dumb polls posted here lately that serve no purpose what so ever. There is no easy way to make a rule of thumb about how to make “quality” polls for all members to follow. Thus we had to take further action and restrict access until members achieve the higher levels and “hopefully” gain enough experience and maturity on the boards to be responsible about it.

Banned Pyramid Gold Champion, Triathlon Champion, Panik: Pogomania Champion Little negi sensei is off to a good start
    Thanks

I guess there is no use in arguing with mods Super mods and The Admin.But There should be someway of setting some stricter guidlines instead of just taking the poll privlage from lower members such as myself that haven't done anything to abuse the privlage.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast