+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Credit Award System - now in place

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Credit Award System - now in place

Not to mention there have been AMV, gallery scavenger hunts, arcade, anime quiz and a few other NON-GFX based contests here on AO. So I don’t get what they are saying at all. As far as the sour taste is concerned…try…

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

About the credits given based on time spent on the site. Is this something that you guys are unsure about doing, or is it just unclear as to how you will figure the totals? I think that would be a great way to reward those who have been loyal to the site in ways other than posting.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Time is a bad aspect to go on, there are people who joined in 2004 but haven't been back since then...or just came back recently...why reward them?

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GallComp View Post
    Huh, What? I'm sorry but who said members will loose credits when entering a contest, credit will be awarded to the winner of each contest not deducted. Also the ammount of credits have nothing to do with the selection of the winners on each contest, winners are selected by most part with a public poll...
    I'm fairly certain the guy was talking about how DB mentioned tie breakers would be awarded to the one who had more credits, which shouldn't really count in my opinion either. After all, just because a person posts more or wins more contests, does not mean their work, on let's say the SOTW, was better in terms of quality.

If there is a tiebreaker in contest votings, the member with the most credits wins.
    If I'm mistaken, however, then disregard this post.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Intresting Idea. I love how it's turning out already.
    Kudos!~
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deodaclan18 View Post
    I'm fairly certain the guy was talking about how DB mentioned tie breakers would be awarded to the one who had more credits, which shouldn't really count in my opinion either. After all, just because a person posts more or wins more contests, does not mean their work, on let's say the SOTW, was better in terms of quality.

If I'm mistaken, however, then disregard this post.
    Well it would never be that way. In order to reach a tie, there must be two equal groups that think either sig is at a certain quality. For me I think it's a good tie breaker instead of leaving it on the staff or any one member. If you lose now due to your tiebreaker it's entirely in your own hands. Besides how many times have these contests ended in a tie?

I mean take example for sports, the refs are supposedly fair, but often times you see the player that has been in the league get the benefit of the doubt and a borderline call go their way. Or how about if two people w/ good proposal came to ask for a grant/loan?? Of course the one with good "credit" or a history usually gets the nod.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    Time is a bad aspect to go on, there are people who joined in 2004 but haven't been back since then...or just came back recently...why reward them?
    This is true, but my question is still out there. Are you currently working on a way to do time based credits effectively, or has the idea been ruled out completely?

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Based on DB's first post I think it was ruled-out completely. And I agree completely with that, credits should be given by participating not by how long have someone been here doing nothing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast