+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Credit Award System - now in place

Newbie Uchiha Girl is off to a good start Uchiha Girl's Avatar
    Thanks

Unhappy Re: Credit Award System - now in place

i dont get how you would spend the credits you get

Otaku ING Cricket Champion, Chickenboy Chucky Champion, Dancer duck Champion, Jake,s Fire Power Champion, Bomber Bob Champion, Road Hogs Champion, Van Champion, Hacker Champion, Gorillaz Tiles Champion, Clicken Gold Champion, Galleon Champion, QBeez Champion ihauntforlust is off to a good start
    Thanks

Post Re: Credit Award System - now in place

Quote Originally Posted by GallComp View Post
    Based on DB's first post I think it was ruled-out completely. And I agree completely with that, credits should be given by participating not by how long have someone been here doing nothing.
    Exactly!

I agree with Gallcomp and some others, Lots of people that are here like in 2004 or something like that, are hardly ever here!!! Plus if they are, some don't even bother posting!

__________________________________________________ _________

i don't get how you would spend the credits you get
    Yeah...I don't actually get this system about spending credits either, I've read the rules and such but my idiotic brain still doesn't get it

Will anyone please explain to us? please?

thanks,

-Zainab

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Credit Award System - now in place

DB is still working on that part. I think he will post the information later, for now just participate and start earning credits.

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

Based on DB's first post I think it was ruled-out completely. And I agree completely with that, credits should be given by participating not by how long have someone been here doing nothing.
    Yeah yeah, but not everyone who isn't posting is doing nothing. Oh, and before I'm misunderstood this isn't an argument, I just like all sides of a case to be represented, and this particular question hadn't been dealt with. I'm fine either way, but time has got to count for something. I mean, it's partly responsible for turning people into veterans here, but it isnt worth any credits? I think a good way to deal with it is through a multiplier, like with the referals. That way, those who have been here for a certian amount of time recieve slightly more points (fractions even), but they are tacked on when the member makes an active contribution. Meaning they have to be "doing something", and the credits aren't just handed to them.

Otaku ING Cricket Champion, Chickenboy Chucky Champion, Dancer duck Champion, Jake,s Fire Power Champion, Bomber Bob Champion, Road Hogs Champion, Van Champion, Hacker Champion, Gorillaz Tiles Champion, Clicken Gold Champion, Galleon Champion, QBeez Champion ihauntforlust is off to a good start
    Thanks

Smile Re: Credit Award System - now in place

DB is still working on that part. I think he will post the information later, for now just participate and start earning credits.

Oh, Ok

Thanks for telling and informing though .
    I'll wait for his post.

-Zainab

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mega
    Are you currently working on a way to do time based credits effectively, or has the idea been ruled out completely?
    Time credits are disabled for the reason that time does not make a good forum. Your participation makes a good forum. I was even contemplating turning off the birthday credits as it is similar to time credits - you get something for nothing. But then I thought, our birthdays are so special, so decided to give you 100 credits for this.

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    Time is a bad aspect to go on, there are people who joined in 2004 but haven't been back since then...or just came back recently...why reward them?
    is there a way to give points based on time active. like a person could have joined since 2004 but has only been active for one year. he/she can get credits for being active one year? would that work?

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raimann View Post
    is there a way to give points based on time active. like a person could have joined since 2004 but has only been active for one year. he/she can get credits for being active one year? would that work?
    I think you guys are missing the point. We want you to be active in the site, we want you to participate in the different contests, we want you to vote, etc... The credit system started from the day DB implemented it, as he said we all started from zero, we dont care how long have you been here what we care is your current participation, the past is behind us, we care about the present and the future only.

Getting credits for having an account since 2004 is worthless, getting credits for posting on threads and voting on polls is what counts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast