+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Credit Exchanges/Manipulation

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Credit Exchanges/Manipulation

Recently quite a few users are manipulating the credit system as part of a personal competition. And while it isn't the fairest use of the system (in that it doesn`t accomplish the system's goal of encouraging participation in the community): using credits to barter is completely acceptable.

That said - there are some things you need to be aware of:

-Staff will NOT interfere if your transaction goes wrong. If you aren't happy with what you've exchanged your credits for or never recieve it at all -- we will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to mediate.

-There WILL eventually be a use for credits. You will not be able to get them back or complain about having given them away in retrospect should you find you want them in the future.

-Users having collected credits through pooling/spamming fics or selling may be excluded from or handicapped in certain events due to unfair advantages.
    The terms of a promotion are up to the staff member(s) sponsoring it.

In other words: if you're going to give away your credits, buy credits or sell them: you do so at your own risk.

Please keep this in mind.
    Last edited by aceman67; Feb 02, 2008 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Just making some color and text size edits...

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Credit Exchanges/Manipulation

Also take in mind that requesting a credit payment on official AO threads will not be tolerated (ex: Requesting a payment for the rendering of an image in the "Rendering request Thread")... You are free to offer your credits for that service (ex: I will pay 100 credits to the one making me a sig), but not request them...

Cheers...

Ps: I can take any donations you want ot make to my account...

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

oh... and just a note:

if you're going to buy artwork from a user, it would be to your advantage to check their infraction history.

A user who's just raised 70,000+ credits from original artwork sales is currently banned for plagiarising a good chunk of her "original" artwork.

See what we mean by "at your own risk"?

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i like this idea and with how i have been sort giving out my credits because i saw
    no realuse for them yet i dont feel upset and i dont regret it either
    im notsore like someare when they want some back if they gave themyoyou
    live and learn so get over it lol.

and as for buying walls sigs and stuff froim users does that also mean we by the rights
    to the art so we can use them anywhere and not give credit to the maker?
    just asking since most could use this as a way to not give credit where its do
    for good art wrok or something.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice View Post
    and as for buying walls sigs and stuff froim users does that also mean we by the rights
    to the art so we can use them anywhere and not give credit to the maker?
    just asking since most could use this as a way to not give credit where its do
    for good art wrok or something.
    That depends entirely on the terms of the agreement. But buying gift-art or commissions never grants you the right to lie about their origins. That means if you're posting it here on AO: you still need to credit the artist (since non-credited work is considered to be your own). No self-respecting artist will create something for you to take credit for as your own work. Generally speaking: you are purchasing the right to choose the work's subject matter, style, and the right to display it wherever you like (if not the original hard-copy itself).

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

ah wellok thats cool because i wasnt sure if there
    were gonna be stipulations to that or not but
    imglad to see there will be , because we have some
    awesome artists here and would hate to see them screwed over
    from a few jerks who would take advantage. or try anyway
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

+ Reply to Thread