Closed Thread

Thread: Disabled "Automatic Quote Post / Thread Title"

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Arrow Disabled "Automatic Quote Post / Thread Title"

Just to let you all know I have disabled the "Automatically Quote Post / Thread Title".

If you have a look at some of the big threads on Anime Online, it's hard to quickly glance what each post is about without having to read the contents. Many would hit Reply, and just let the Title remain the same.

What I would like to encourage is for posters to put their own descriptive title when replying rather than just leaving the current title.

Hopefully then after a while, we can all glance at threads quicker by just looking at the Post Title.

If members think otherwise, please let me know. Am always open for discussion.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Sep 28, 2006 at 09:11 AM.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    I'm curious on how this will work out. It's an interesting experiment...
    The problem is that most people just won't use the title line. Just like me not doing it for this post.

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Will the Title start to disappear?

Well, let's just see how it goes.

If users wont use it, then perhaps the Title isn't important anyway, and we are saving ourselves reading useless Titles... For example, reading your post just now saved me having to read your Title as there was no Title.

I have also updated the Forum Rules to ask members to put more descriptive Titles in their posts and even when creating Threads. It helps everyone in the end. See pt 15. in the Forum Rules.

Sure, one can be lazy, but that's up to each individual member on what they would like to do.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks
    You also make an assumption they are using the advanced post feature, if for example you are using the Quick Reply feature like me (something I love) then you have no way to adjust the title. I will say that titles are useless for the poster in a majority of cases and frankly I don't pay attention to them outside of the one for the main topic.

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh, you mean this title?

Personally, I always forget there is a title line in each reply....like the one right above me. I forget they are there and frankly, the few times I have seen a different title then the original title of the thread...I always get confused.

But hey, either way. I can read them or ignore them.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

indifferent

it doesn't really matter to me. some people will be strongly opposed (not verbally in most cases), some will love it and some, like me, wil not care either way. i'm sure that eventually it will turn out to be useful... assuming that someone accually reads another post before he/she posts their own answer...

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks
    It's an interesting idea. I'm not exactly sure how it would work, or if it will, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

However, chiefblackhammer is right about the Quick Reply. I use Quick Reply atleast 60% of the time, and so I wouldn't be putting in a title.

Closed Thread