+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: File Upload Prompts in the Gallery

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

File Upload Prompts in the Gallery

I have just increased the file upload prompts for the gallery from 1 to 5. Hopefully this will save time for those uploading large amounts of images at once.

Be sure though to still tag and title your images correctly and place them in the correct gallery.

Thank you.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dragon Ball For This Useful Post:

Chiefblackhammer (Jan 06, 2008), koga23 (Jan 07, 2008), Spin Da Ish (Jan 06, 2008), WhiteWave14 (Jan 09, 2008), zyta (Jan 07, 2008)

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: File Upload Prompts in the Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Ball View Post
    I have just increased the file upload prompts for the gallery from 1 to 5. Hopefully this will save time for those uploading large amounts of images at once.

Be sure though to still tag and title your images correctly and place them in the correct gallery.

Thank you.
    ahh thank you! i was uploading the banners and i had to do them one at a time... iot was a real pain. I guess thats solved now ^^ Great idea man!

I was wondering if this will affect the speed of uploading and maybe the website because my computer can't take no more O.O

ty

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome, now I won't have to be wary to upload large amounts of scans like I was before since the time i had was usually restricted. Many thanks!

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

except it only works if they all have exactly the same category, title, tags and description... which means, unless you're uploading images from the same series of the same character with virtually no other content: you're still screwed (or the gallery staff is, since they're the ones who will have to go back and retitle, edit and move them)

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

True but most people who scan from DVD's or artbooks are going to have more than 1 image that can use the same title, description and keywords, might not be a lot for some but it is great for others! Off to upload some pics

EDIT: Ok not happy...seems that if you specify multiple files and they are large (say 2.0mb each) that they time out and don't upload...kind of pointless now >_<

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    True but most people who scan from DVD's or artbooks are going to have more than 1 image that can use the same title, description and keywords, might not be a lot for some but it is great for others! Off to upload some pics
    but it doesn't help me in the least since most of my scans are from magazines (featuring multiple series) or series' that feature both male and female characters.

Even if I scan an artbook ~ every page is likely to need to be in a different category... and in an ideal case: tagged with different character names, themes, elements.

An image of Keiichi alone, an image of Belldandy and Keiichi, an image of Skuld alone and a Christmas image of the whole cast might all come from the same series and all be alright with an "Oh My Goddess" title: but the tags are going to be pretty stinky if they're all just the series name... not to mention we've got female, male and group scans all being uploaded at once without being able to choose a category.

An upload manager would be nice... but without the option to title/tag them seperately before your final upload: it's not incredibly practical.

In any case, it's going to encourage sloppier/more general tagging than if each image were uploaded individually (which is what most people will need to do anyway, just to make sure their stuff ends up in the right place).

I'm not against it... I just don't see it as much of an advance at all. It's only going to help people who have "collected" images elsewhere and encourage less specific titling, tagging, sorting and crediting.

From the gallery moderation staff's point of view: this just helps the people already being lazy about their uploads be even lazier.

Banned mveli2 is off to a good start
    Thanks

ok dragon ball ill try to participate more in posting pictures and ill 100 percent tag them too

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    but it doesn't help me in the least since most of my scans are from magazines (featuring multiple series) or series' that feature both male and female characters.

Even if I scan an artbook ~ every page is likely to need to be in a different category... and in an ideal case: tagged with different character names, themes, elements.

An image of Keiichi alone, an image of Belldandy and Keiichi, an image of Skuld alone and a Christmas image of the whole cast might all come from the same series and all be alright with an "Oh My Goddess" title: but the tags are going to be pretty stinky if they're all just the series name... not to mention we've got female, male and group scans all being uploaded at once without being able to choose a category.

An upload manager would be nice... but without the option to title/tag them seperately before your final upload: it's not incredibly practical.

In any case, it's going to encourage sloppier/more general tagging than if each image were uploaded individually (which is what most people will need to do anyway, just to make sure their stuff ends up in the right place).

I'm not against it... I just don't see it as much of an advance at all. It's only going to help people who have "collected" images elsewhere and encourage less specific titling, tagging, sorting and crediting.

From the gallery moderation staff's point of view: this just helps the people already being lazy about their uploads be even lazier.

Sorry Tsu but you are COMPLETELY wrong (as was I when I first commented), after playing with the feature it is the case when you upload multiple images you are redirected to a screen where you give EACH image it’s own title, description, keywords and gallery placement (I.E. Male scans, female scans etc…)

Here is a screen shot of it:
     click to show spoiler

So in fact the images don’t have to be related at all since you can tag and describe each image separately, the feature is completely usable and really great HOWEVER it does still have 1 BIG PROBLEM!!!

If you try to upload 5 images over 2.0MB you will time out and the images won’t upload…I am unsure what the total images size limit is before it times out BUT this would vary on based on each member’s internet connection speeds.

I.E. the max size of all files combined is say 5 MB for me with my fast connection speed but say 2 MB for someone with a slower one

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast