View Poll Results: The VIP Gallery: Also open it to Community members?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, that's fine by me.

5 31.25%
  • NO. I want my work to be only seen by Elite members and above.

11 68.75%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gallery Update

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Gallery Update

The following changes have been made:

PREMIUM Wallpapers:
    With each wallpaper gallery (anime, general, gaming), there is a sub-gallery for PREMIUM wallpapers. These are for wallpapers larger than 1024 x 768 pixels. So remember to upload your images to the correct gallery (PREMIUM or not).

Line Art:
    This was the Colouring Book now renamed to Line Art. Definition of Line Art:

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Line art is any image that consists of distinct straight and curved lines placed against a (usually plain) background, without gradations in shade (darkness) or hue (color) to represent two-dimensional or three-dimensional objects. Line art can use lines of different colors, although line art is usually monochromatic.
    Hand Drawn Comics and Comic Scans
    Currently it's full of people reposting others' webcomics / fan-comics and random manga / doujinshi page-scans.

Original comics will be moved to the Fanart gallery, and salvageable lineart / greyscale art images to Line Art gallery.

VIP Gallery
    Renamed from Elite / Veterans Gallery to VIP Gallery. Community members and above can now view this gallery. Remember, to be a Community member, you will need 100 posts and be registered for at least 30 days.

** START EDIT **

After considerable discussion in the staff forum, we cannot decide on whether to open the VIP Gallery (contains HQ Scans, Renders etc.) to Community members. Previously it stood as access for Elite members and above. I then lowered it to Community members and above, however not to the delight of some. Many of the images in the VIP gallery have taken considerable hours to create. I cannot decide on behalf of Elite members and above whom have contributed to this gallery. As a result, I've attached a poll to this thread. Only Elite members and above vote please. It's your work, please decide what you want done with it. I will strip votes for other members that vote.

** END EDIT **

Overall Goals

Trying to make things easy-to-find, pretty-to-look-at, and as relevant as possible to the focus of Anime Online.

Apologies to those who uploaded lots of Disney pics. It's a good idea to focus on Anime more. There is more than enough room for more Anime expansion. The more focused we get, the more quality and reputation / authority AO will attract in the long run.
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Sep 10, 2007 at 06:58 AM.

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gallery Update

Db, I didn't mean to vote, could you remove my vote or does it not matter? I didn't read the entire thing about it beeing a pole for Elite members and above. My bad!

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattness View Post
    Db, I didn't mean to vote, could you remove my vote or does it not matter? I didn't read the entire thing about it beeing a pole for Elite members and above. My bad!
    It doesn't matter only elite member's or above votes will count.

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

In a way I can see why it would kinda upset or bug some of the Elite or Veterans because it is like a one of their privileges in the gallery to have something only they can see. It was accomplished through their hard work of posting on the site. Yes I know community members post too. Don't get me wrong.

Though me myself would say that it really doesn't bother me to share things with the other members such as community members. It's not like they wont get to see it eventually anyways.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post
    In a way I can see why it would kinda upset or bug some of the Elite or Veterans because it is like a one of their privileges in the gallery to have something only they can see. It was accomplished through their hard work of posting on the site. Yes I know community members post too. Don't get me wrong.

Though me myself would say that it really doesn't bother me to share things with the other members such as community members. It's not like they wont get to see it eventually anyways.

that's all good but i think earning it would better i have
    been in the gallery several times and it shows a lot of unregistered users
    and such looking through our gallery which put everything we did in view for
    anyone who hasn't earned the right to just look at it and maybe even
    steak the image for there own use.

now if your elite or a vet i see no problem but to just up
    and the other have these privileges and for unregistered
    people to See our gallery very cool drawings isn't right.

you could limit them to what they can few till they become elite if
    they really want see art in the gallery that sounds fair but to just
    let them view the gallery after everyone who is vet and elite has worked hard
    to get that privilege isn't fair
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattness
    Removed. Thanks everyone so far for your comments.

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice View Post
    that's all good but i think earning it would better i have
    been in the gallery several times and it shows a lot of unregistered users
    and such looking through our gallery which put everything we did in view for
    anyone who hasn't earned the right to just look at it and maybe even
    steak the image for there own use.

now if your elite or a vet i see no problem but to just up
    and the other have these privileges and for unregistered
    people to See our gallery very cool drawings isn't right.

you could limit them to what they can few till they become elite if
    they really want see art in the gallery that sounds fair but to just
    let them view the gallery after everyone who is vet and elite has worked hard
    to get that privilege isn't fair

Yes but DB can just as easily put it where unregistered viewers can't see that specific gallery if he wanted too...all he's talking about doing is allowing Community members to see the gallery...it's not much of a set back. If it is at all. No one then other then the community, elite, veteran and staff can see that gallery. Is it so bad to share with other members? Elite and Vets still have privileges just losing one to add community members into it isn't so bad. I mean come on if they are able to upload photos without having them approved I think they should be able to see the other parts of the gallery. It's just like the DJ system...if community members can be added think of the images that some of them have that can BENEFIT the gallery sections. That is just my opinion.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry, I voted without even reading the post! lol

Could you please remove mine then?

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast