View Poll Results: The VIP Gallery: Also open it to Community members?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, that's fine by me.

5 31.25%
  • NO. I want my work to be only seen by Elite members and above.

11 68.75%
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Gallery Update

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gallery Update

I have gone back and forth on this with tsurara in the Staff Lounge and while our exact points may vary we both want in whole to ensure the most objective approach to the gallery. Ultimately I believe we both want to move to something that allows access to the most people possible with at the same time offering an amount of sanity. From my part it is more that people aren't leeching or stealing works that took our members their precious time to create like Walls, Renders or Vectors.

With the aspect of post count being the only thing that drives the ability to restrict the gallery (at the moment) I don't see what people are thinking. If there were loads of people in the elite groups that uploaded works that actually took time (Renders & Vectors) then the current vote would make sense.

But given most elites don't upload anything much less something that took them effort the current vote outcome really doesn't make much sense to me. I would think that you people really wouldn't care if more people could see it. I guess it is the mentality that the gallery is a reward or that you want some bragging rights.

Don’t believe me ok, I will prove it, 29 users have uploaded images to the VIP section. That is right 29 and some of them ARE NOT elite members +. Now when DB stated that we had 306 Vets & 57 Elites…why the “No” vote when a majority of you people haven’t given AO’s VIP gallery crap?

Let me give you the exact numbers just so it further clarifies what I am saying. Here is the breakdown of WHO has uploaded to the VIP gallery:

There are 41 Renders:
    3 Images by aceman67
    5 Images by GallComp
    4 Images by Pyro_psyco
    3 Images by dude101
    3 Images by equinn
    6 Images by Ky-lyrra
    6 Images by Violent
    2 Images by anime_8000
    8 Images by SasuraiHell
    1 Images by jaderabbit

There are 76 High Quality Scans:
    72 Images by Chiefblackhammer
    1 Images by NevesElocin
    1 Images by Dragon Ball
    1 Images by jaderabbit
    1 Images by aceman67

There are 296 Ecchi Scans:
    1 Images by tsurara
    33 Images by anime_8000
    123 Images by NevesElocin
    56 Images by koga23
    11 Images by Mattness
    3 Images by aznxshawtii
    7 Images by milh_amethyz
    4 Images by FLawEdmiNd
    1 Images by Ricky
    14 Images by draco3162003
    26 Images by jaderabbit
    1 Images by Blade X
    1 Images by Animeprincess21
    1 Images by Phandora
    2 Images by 4n1m3 $p3(14£1$7
    1 Images by the_juan
    2 Images by drago
    1 Images by Akemi
    8 Images by User no longer exists

If it is because you think you are getting a perk or boost in status on AO as to why you are voting no…come on. Status on AO is not your ranking (Member, Comm. Member, Elite, Vet...) but what you put into the site. The gallery is an extension of what you can do for the site as much as what you can get out of the site. Some people only give in terms of their GFX ability, why hinder yourself from seeing their works by a HIGH post count rule?

Let the gallery be open to Comm. Members! Hammer has voted “yes”.

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

The poll is now closed. I had to remove about 7 votes from members who weren't Elite or above. The poll was only for Elite or above.

The VIP gallery stands as it always has been. Accessible only by Elites and above. So in this regard, nothing has changed.

The work belongs to the Elite members and above, so if you want this access given to Community members, then the above Elite members who have submitted images please PM me. If I get the majority of Elite members (who have submitted) say "Yes, open it up", then I will.

Mattness, am not sure how you got access into the VIP gallery to upload your 11 images. Do you still have access?

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

I can also see and look at the VIP gallery:

Ecchi
    Render
    High Quality Scans

Thats what it consist of isn't it?

I just tried to upload an image I had. And it seems to have allowed me as well.

http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...=20212&cat=613

I actually think its been that way since I was a regular member, I've just never looked or uploaded stuff in there.

I shouldn't say anything now that I've actually taken the time to look in there. I want to look around some more.
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't think it would disallow you to upload images...just not view them...either way interesting...

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

It is interesting i have noticed a few com members in the vip section as well i just didn't think of it as eny thing at the time.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh, clan members can view the VIP gallery. That's why Mattness, Mechazawa and other clan members can see it.

This is a benefit for being active and something I had overlooked before and forgot to announce. Remember, your clan leader can evict you from your clan if you are not active enough.

Sorry.

The following Elite members and above who have uploaded to the VIP gallery have PM'd me saying they don't mind this gallery being opened up to Community members:
    • Ky-lyrra
    • Chiefblackhammer
    • GallComp
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Sep 12, 2007 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Added me ^_^

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4