+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gallery Upgraded

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Gallery Upgraded

Am pleased to announce that today I have upgraded the gallery which now includes the following features:
    • Built-in RSS Feeds (per category basis). Only with Firefox and Internet Explorer7. IE6- users are 'blind' to the feed. I hope no-one is using IE6 as it's over a decade old. The RSS icon shows in the URL bar of your browser - a standard nowadays.
    • Code optimization resulting in significant reductions in memory usage.
    • If you upload ecchi images, please flag them with "Mature Content". This will hide mature images from unregistered users or those who don't want mature pictures. Mature content is not shown to those below 18 years of age as required by the law.
    • Buddy Lists.
    • Slideshow Pause/Resume.
    • Use of icons versus text on showphoto page.
    All images in the ecchi gallery have been tagged to indicate they are Mature Content. ALL members have their gallery profile defaulted to YES for:

Do you want to block mature content? You MUST select Yes if you are below 18 years of age.
    So if you don't want to block Mature Content, you need to manually change this setting to NO. Go to your Profile in the Gallery and then go to Edit Profile in the left hand column. Remember, you MUST not select NO if you are under 18. Mature Content is not permissible to be seen by those under 18.

If you find any bugs please let me know.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Sep 29, 2007 at 09:49 AM.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gallery Upgraded

Potential Bugs:

-current image viewed shows as a scrunched up square thumbnail in the top bar
    -formatting (spaces, new lines) is no longer preserved in the image description body

The first may be a stylistic choice... but the 2nd is especially annoying (and leads to more detailed or verbose entries looking like giants seas of unreadable run-on text)

also, just an opinion: but I much prefer regular old-fashioned text-links to the tiny boxy icons. They don't match the site's layout/color scheme, can't be read in the event images have been disabled (something I have to do when accessing from work), and are a bit hard to understand by sight alone.
    Last edited by tsurara; Sep 29, 2007 at 06:51 AM.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

How come not all the little buttons that show you the last comment & last photo upload not showing in all the sections.

Also like tsurara said the older fashioned text-links look better than the new ones IMO.

Edit:Also if your using the color codes in the comments it dose not show,Not sure if thats supposed to happen.
    Last edited by koga23; Sep 29, 2007 at 01:23 PM.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

The stars for ratings are also no longer transparent, appearing in big pink boxes.

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara
    current image viewed shows as a scrunched up square thumbnail in the top bar
    Fixed. Actually, wasn't a bug, but just a way I did it so that it's obvious which image you were viewing.
    formatting (spaces, new lines) is no longer preserved in the image description body
    Fixed. Was surely a bug.
    also, just an opinion: but I much prefer regular old-fashioned text-links to the tiny boxy icons.
    Sorry, but I prefer the icons. If you hover over them, you can see what they mean.
    The stars for ratings are also no longer transparent, appearing in big pink boxes.
    Stars are showing fine for me. I don't see big pink boxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by koga23
    How come not all the little buttons that show you the last comment & last photo upload not showing in all the sections.
    Don't know what you mean. It should be the same throughout.
    Quote Originally Posted by koga23
    Also if your using the color codes in the comments it dose not show,Not sure if thats supposed to happen.
    It's supposed to show, and it's a bug at the moment. Let me summarise the outstanding bugs that will be fixed in due time:
    1. Some text colours don't show
    2. Some custom smilies don't show
    3. Member signatures don't show
    These are minor bugs and will be fixed shortly. Apart from that, everything else should be ready to rock and roll.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

This is what i was talking about my bad for not putting a screen shot before to show what i meant to explain it better.

See how it shows were i circled but not all the time in the different sections.Dunno if thats how it should be or its just my computer.
    Last edited by koga23; Oct 01, 2007 at 07:35 PM.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Ball View Post
    Sorry, but I prefer the icons. If you hover over them, you can see what they mean.

Stars are showing fine for me. I don't see big pink boxes.
    The stars and icons are not showing up transparent for me. There is a pink buffer around them.

And while you may like them more... I think it would be slightly more practical to worry about what the users prefer. If the visitors prefer the icons, that's one thing ^^; But "I like 'em" doesn't do much to convince me they're really an improvement.

Thanks

Those hazy stars are only showing in IE. Firefox works fine. The stars are in .png format. I did experiment and saved them as .gif format, and it worked fine in both browsers HOWEVER the quality did drop a bit by having somewhat a jagged outline on the star rather than a crispy feel.

I used photoshop to save as .gif. Perhaps more of an expert in this field could save the star as a high-quality .gif format and attach it or email to support AT animeonline.net. I will then try it.

See the attachment to see how they look like in Firefox.

koga23, your big red circle above, I'm looking into it. Thanks.

EDIT 5-Oct:
    Stars have been fixed. They should now show nicely in IE aswell. Thanks.

EDIT 9-Oct:
    Font colours fixed in sig area for comments.

EDIT 10-Oct:
    Post #6 above by koga23 has been fixed.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Oct 09, 2007 at 02:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread