Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: IP Change on AO

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

IP Change on AO

Some of you might have noticed the site went down for a bit. This is due to an IP change. This can take up to 4 hours max. all members will be redirected to the new domain IP address.

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

New IP for Anime Online

Yep, today Anime Online moved over to their very own IP address. So no longer do we share an IP address with other websites.

Having our own IP address removes the chances of being penalised by search engines for the actions of other websites. Typically on a shared hosting platform, a website will share it's IP address with many other websites. So if 1 website is caught of spamming or sneaky SEO techniques, then Google may ban that IP address.

Our own IP address can also marginally increase the speed at which pages are loaded into the browser as no header-reading software is needed to slow down the loading process.

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks
    *stupid moment* @_@ Whats a IP~?!?
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks
    An IP address (Internet Protocol address) is a unique address identifying where a website is hosted on the world wide web. Anime Online now has it's very own address and doesn't share this with anyone else.

From an end-user perspective, you really don't need to know about this. It's purely technical talk. This announcement was created just to advise why Anime Online was down for an hour or so.

Cheers!

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks
    Sweet AO's own IP address, so now the loading time will be cut in half. Nice improvement.

Thanks
    I don't know about being cut in half, but at least we are protected from being penalised in search engines due to the actions of others.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Ball View Post
    I don't know about being cut in half, but at least we are protected from being penalised in search engines due to the actions of others.
    Oh i see, i din't know that sharing a IP address with other forums could lead you to being penalized for other forums actions. Well it is a good thing that you guys got AO's own IP address.

Thanks
    Yeh, sometime a search engine will blacklist an innocent website only because it shares the same IP address with the guilty site.

Having our own IP address will slightly improve page loads too.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast