+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese Anime - new forum

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Japanese Anime - new forum

Hello All,

Have been thinking for about a week now for a new forum. When I joined AO, I chose the username "Dragon Ball". However, to my surprise, I couldn't find much about "Dragon Ball" at Anime Online.

Since we are "Anime Online", why not show everyone else that we are serious about the topic of anime. Hence, I would like to propose a new forum.

Category: Japanese Anime
    >> Forum: Anime Characters
    >> Forum: Anime Episodes / Series and Movies

My proposed rules are:
    • Only 1 thread per topic. I don't think it's a good idea to have multiple threads on Dragon Ball. If you would like to discuss about Dragon Ball, then post your replies in the Dragon Ball thread.
    • If there are no threads on the character or episode you want to discuss, then please post a new thread. But first search on the topic within the Japanese Anime category before posting a new thread.
    • The first thread of every topic must be in a set format. After that, follow-up replies can be anyway you wish. The idea is, when someone views a thread, the first post will be an overview.
      Eg for an anime character: Name, Relationships, Series starred in and even a photo of the character etc. The format I will announce later.
    So for the time being, just am interested in hearing everyone's comments. If you are the member who makes the first post on a character or series, then forever your profile will be at the top of the post as the founding thread member.

Anyway, more will become clear as it unfolds.

Thank you.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks
    Isn't Anime/Manga good enough and isn't the term "Japanese Anime" over-redundant? And also a forum about "Anime Characters" would most likely bring threads talking about fan favorites and character worship.
    I love my girlfriend.

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell
    ... a forum about "Anime Characters" would most likely bring threads talking about fan favorites and character worship.
    Nothing wrong with that is it?

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Ball View Post
    Nothing wrong with that is it?
    Last time I checked, favorite threads weren't allowed here.

Quote Originally Posted by rules
    DO NOT MAKE FAVOURITE THREADS OR LIST THREADS! IT WILL BE CONSIDERED SPAM!!
    I love my girlfriend.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks
    I sort of like this idea. It's more specific than "Anime/Manga." The idea could be very good, or go nowhere, but I definitely support it.

My thinking is, with a new forum on Anime Characters, it will allow for characterization, and analysis. It'd be nice to see members analyse anime, rather than posting their sometimes dumb, generic responses that I see sometimes. Where it could go wrong is that they continue posting those generic responses. So instead of actually characterizing the characters, they'll just say things like "OOoo I luv that guy he is sooo strong and did you see how he killed that other guy hes my favorite he is the best and can beat anyone in a fight blah blah blah," and so on...

But yea, with the right guidlines and rules, this could be good.

And also a forum about "Anime Characters" would most likely bring threads talking about fan favorites and character worship.
    Didn't you read DB's first post? "Only 1 thread per topic."

It's one thread per character. So, yea, there will be fan favorites, but there won't be any "Favorite character" threads, or multiple threads on that character. Just one thread on one character to allow for - a hopefully smart - discussion on that certain character. And it's obvious that there will be character worshipping, but that's expected. Everyone has their favorite character, even you and me. Heck, me and Trunks would both live in that Hitsugaya thread.

Either way, I approve.
    Last edited by Silverskater145; Sep 30, 2006 at 07:30 AM.

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks
    it brings spam and useless chat the anime/manga forum is a hard enough stone to bleed of actual discussion spreading it out will not help it will only end up making less discussion and more chatting than their already is

so in my opinion no I do not think its a good idea

Thanks
    Last time I checked, favorite threads weren't allowed here.
    Not too sure about FAVOURITE THREADS OR LIST THREADS. Hopefully another staff member can clarify on this. Basically the new forum will allow members to post to their heart's content as long as there are no double postings.

If you feel very strongly about a certain anime character, then why not post as much as you want about it.

Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145
    a new forum on Anime Characters, it will allow for characterization, and analysis. It'd be nice to see members analysing anime, rather than posting their sometimes dumb, generic responses that I see sometimes.
    Yes, I too would like to see quality and characterization.

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks
    a favourite thread or a list thread is useless chat that leads nowhere usually each post in said thread type have 2-3 words per post ergo useless discussion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast