+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese Anime - new forum

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

They wont be useless threads

Thanks for clarifying Zackraa. The new forums definitely will not be like this. Threads that go no-where really wastes everyone's time.

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, I've seen the way you want this to develop on other forums.

I'd say it would be a MAJOR change in AO if this were to be applied, what I mean is that I've never seen this kind of section ever since I came upon AO. I'd dwait and see the other people's opinions, some will express great joy, mostly the newcomers that have been here for less than a year or so. Those who have been here for a long time will probably like it as it is.

Anime is what brings people together here, but it may not necessarily be the main interest of everyone who stays after posting in the introduction section of the forum. Debate and Discuss is what keeps a few of the Veterans here and for others it's a means of staying up to date with things in the world. The cyber lounge is there to bring interesting topics that aren't worth a huge debate on and are often half-serious. The anime section is to look at and wonder which anime to see next, which were the best, what just came out and physically demonstrates the hidden passion of everyone who joins up, what sparked their curiouslity in this forum and partially made them interested here.

I think most of the Veterans stay because of the good times they've had with other members and come here to relax. The newcomers come because they love anime and forums are good places to find people to relate to. But those who have been here for a month or maybe up to a year, they will go on another forum, leave forums altogether or consider staying here since they had a good time.

I'm not certain if it'll boost registration of new members and keep the people from leaving, but I'll be sure to give more explanation if I remember to look back here again.....I just hope I well explained the situation here....gotta go, someone calling me.....XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks for your lengthy reply Soldat of life.

I agree, that members here all get something different out of AO. Some only participate in set forums. The interests at AO seem to focus around:
    • Anime
    • Gaming
    • Computers and Graphics
    • Japanese
    • Debate
    • Friendship
    So I see the new forum will definitely fit into the realm of things.

Anime, Graphics, Japanese and Debate can all come into effect with the new forum.

Anyways, appreciate your feedback.

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm not opposed to the idea, but if we really did make this category, I think it'd be better to be named, "Series Specifics" or something like that, and then have separate forums for each anime. It'd be wise for new forums in that category to be confirmed by a mod/admin though - some anime series and such are just not worth discussing.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks
    Response to Soldat of life:

I don't see this as such a big thing... In fact, I'm not sure what everyone is tripping about. It's just 2 forums, one for anime, like the one we have now which is intertwined with manga. And another, specifically for characters. It's not like the biggest change in the world, nor would it have any serious repurcussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zackraa
    a favourite thread or a list thread is useless chat that leads nowhere usually each post in said thread type have 2-3 words per post ergo useless discussion
    How are they favorite threads? Again, it's 1 thread per character. So, technically, yes, they are favorite threads (since the people posting will obviously like the character), but not in the original sense. And it's not a list thread either, because it's not one thread asking for your favorite character. Rather one thread for 1 character.

Read DB's post guys... "Only 1 thread per topic."

No lists, no "whose your favorite character" threads.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks
    ^_^;; It might just be able to work, if it leads to meaningful discussion. I think I know how it's going to work, I think. There will be threads made for specific anime/manga, where members will share their thoughts, right? Like for example, Bleach.. A thread for a specific anime discussion. It surely has potential.

*Ahem* It would also be great to have J-rock/J-pop/anime mp3 download section, maybe in the future?

Thanks

silverskater145 has summed it up well

kedar, yes you are spot on! To get meaningful and focussed discussion.

We are only talking about 2 new forums. So if it's a flop, no big deal, just don't visit these specific forums. Just trying to think how to get some quality content onto AO.

silverskater145 has also clearly defined "favourite threads" and "list threads". Thank you.

Otaku fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't really understand how this works. But it sounds like a good idea.

Thanks lifeforce! (:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast