+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Anime - new forum

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    I'm sceptic towards this proposal. Sounds like an awful lot of work and an afwul lot of little rules.
    I was just thinking the same time.

Sub-forum Mods - it's a good idea, but somehow, I don't think it'd work well at this stage. Having a few Mods per lil anime series? Personally, I think it's better if we assign just one Mod for a group of series (example - series beginning with the letters A-G) to begin with, and wait until the discussions become more popular before deciding to select individual sub-forum Mods. Having too many Mods here and there isn't always a good thing - members may feel inferior with too many Mods around, and thus, discouraged from posting here too often. I know that I, for one, don't like posting on forums where there are too many Mods. ^_^

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks
    Wow, all the talk of volunteer members doing enforcement duties... I just thought it would be a simple forum (or sub forum) where you could have specific discussions on a series and the characters etc.

Couldn't the regular mods just check in every so often and members report the members who's spamming and such?
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    I'm sceptic towards this proposal. Sounds like an awful lot of work and an afwul lot of little rules.

But try it if you must, I like the idea of keeping them closed for a while so we can test it and opening them when we get everything sorted out.
    I dont know what to think about all this. Though i leaning towards Hassuns line of thinking.

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

New Anime Forums

Yes, will definitely have the New Anime Forums closed so no postings can occur. And when the majority are happy and after making edits, we can open them. I hope to have something announced in the next couple days.

EDIT: 10-Oct
    Well, it didn't take long for some members to find the new Anime Series forum I just created now. Am still organising it and the logistics. Will let you all know once done to get your comments. Please refrain from posting in the new forum. I have set it to non-active so it doesn't yet show up on the boards.

Thanks all.

EDIT: 13-Oct - ANIME SERIES forum complete
    Hello All!

Thanks for your patience on this. I have put together the new forum and how it works. You can see the forums open but not yet active. No posts can be made until the majority think it's a good idea.

If no-one wants to start the first sticky in each Series, then that's fine and I will then write it. But am sure no-one wants to see my name at the top of each Series right??

Please see http://www.animeonline.net/anime-series/

Comments appreciate. Thank you.
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Oct 13, 2006 at 05:54 PM.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have checked out the new forums, and I have to say it looks great. I am definitely excited to see this start, as it will encourage analysis beyond the general nonsense of "liking" a character for whatever reasons and so on... That's not to say that people will totally forgo generalizations and spam, but I can see good things coming out as well, especially from members who have experience in good posting.

I have to commend you on the way you created the forum as well. Taking the Naruto sub-forum as an example, you can see that in it, there are different threads on different aspects of Naruto. It makes for a nice, organized way for posters to view and post.

I can't wait to start analysis on FLCL. I've seen the series maybe 15 times now, and it's loaded with good analysis and thought-process, especially since the anime encourages it due to its loose, ambiguous style.

When will this be officially starting?

Edit: The forum itself looks akwardly placed in the middle of reviews and the general anime/manga forum. Is it just me? Or maybe we should have it on the top, and have Anime Reviews placed below it? Not a big deal either way.

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Anime Series forum

Thanks for your feedback silverskater145. I agree with you and have now moved the forum to the top of the list.

I hope the instructions and samples for Naruto makes sense to everybody. Hopefully will open the new Anime Series forum over the weekend. I will be monitioring and ensuring the quality is there and that descriptive titles are used.

Cheers!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble grumble grumble

Were going to need a section specific rules posting for this, since there's going to be some rules exemptions, and not doubt rules specific for the section, (such as posting length. I wouldn't want to see one or two word replys in a long duration thread topic...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hai. Good point, Len. I think there should be a mandatory paragraph (atleast 2-4 sentences?)

I doubt that you'll need too many rule specifications though. I think most of that DB covered in his Naruto examples were satisfactory. Atleast.. I can't think of any other that would need to implemented. Are there any other you had in mind?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast