Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Junk Posting - not allowed

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Junk Posting - not allowed

Junk Posting

All members please note that Junk Posting is no longer allowed at Anime Online.

No-one wants to read another members "Junk Posting" and it just clutters up the forums and hides useful information.

The Chat Forum should be for topics that don't belong in other forums and should still be quality posts. Any topic you want is fine, as long as the topic has some substance to it. The Old Chat Forum is still around, but no longer allowing posts in it. It's for your reference only.

I'm sure many members dislike reading garbage, and so from now on, let's all be responsible members of AO.

Please only reply or post a new thread if you have something useful to say.

Posts such as:
    • I agree
    • This rocks
    • Checkout this site.... (link)
    • Anime rules
    • Hello, I'm new.
    • etc..
    Will be deleted and an infraction will be given.

Also remember to give your posts and threads meaningful titles. A title of "Help" is not meaningful and does not describe accurately what is contained within a post.

The staff here are all working very hard to bring you an enjoyable forum with content rich posts. Your co-operation is appreciated.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Oct 23, 2006 at 08:52 AM.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Junk Posting - not allowed

The "was" and maybe still a 25 character rule enforced (by the board coding, not mods counting letters) maybe it should be upped to something longer...I don't see that there really can be a post that adds value that is shorter then a couple of sentences...anything that is shorter then that is normally spam....just a thought.

On a side note: aNiMe RuLez!!! lol

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

ths is very true i love reading post's that have alot to sey i get anoyed some time's when i click a thread with a coool tittle then see that it's just one
    or two lines about smething and a link i would like to be able to read alot more on something if it has a good tittle and if i can't it anoy's me a little.

maybe people will do better at explaining thing after reading this]
    so everyone can enjoy reading the dofremt topoic's here just like i do.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

The Chat Forum should be for topics that don't belong in other forums and should still be quality posts. Any topic you want is fine, as long as the topic has some substance to it.
    Do you mean the cyber lounge Dragonball? The Chat forum is locked.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    The "was" and maybe still a 25 character rule enforced (by the board coding, not mods counting letters) maybe it should be upped to something longer...I don't see that there really can be a post that adds value that is shorter then a couple of sentences...anything that is shorter then that is normally spam....just a thought.
    I agree. In addition, I want to point out something. It seems that the board is accounting the 'space' between letters into the character limit. That is, when a user presses the space bar key for 23 times are so, and types, say, something like 'I agree', which is only 7 characters, the board is allowing that as a post, since the total is 30 characters. @.@ I hope that made sense.

So, increasing the character limit would be a good idea. Or, only the actual letters should be counted.

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post

On a side note: aNiMe RuLez!!! lol
    A few days ago, the Minimum Characters Per Post was 25. It has been upped to 50 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    I agree. In addition, I want to point out something. It seems that the board is accounting the 'space' between letters into the character limit. That is, when a user presses the space bar key for 23 times are so, and types, say, something like 'I agree', which is only 7 characters, the board is allowing that as a post, since the total is 30 characters. @.@ I hope that made sense.

So, increasing the character limit would be a good idea. Or, only the actual letters should be counted.
    System doesn't allow this functionality. But members caught doing this will receive an infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444
    Do you mean the cyber lounge Dragonball? The Chat forum is locked.
    All forums now require quality posts. NO junk posting allowed anywhere. The Chat Forum is now open!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

If i see them doing that, ill give em a infraction.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i like this idea dragon ball it will mean more info will be needed whcih mean's
    everyone willl enjoy reading the thread when made ,i know i will like it more
    with the limit up to 50 now.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast