Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Junk Posting - not allowed

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Junk Posting - not allowed

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    For some of us English is a second lenguage, so grammar sometimes is not good or correct. Will those AO members posting good quality posts awarded with some kinda of award? Because apperantly those members posting junk will get an infraction, so maybe those that do not write junk should get something kool like AO points.
    Well there's two way of looking at this. First, we shouldn't HAVE TO award anyone for posting "good", because that SHOULD BE the standard here. Second, I already started giving points, but it's hard for me to constantly keep up (you can vouch for that ketaro), and these points are coming out of my own pocket. Also there isn't much we can award you with, because some people DO NOT CARE about points.

Finally, for me, grammar is not my problem which I have reiterated over and over again. All I dont want, personally, are posts that use NO punctuation at all, and on top of that is impossible to understand because of typos.

some of you are lazy and that's okay, but it's to a point where some of us can't read what you mean. Ironically, the ones with English as their second language type a lot better than those who have English as primary language.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    The "was" and maybe still a 25 character rule enforced (by the board coding, not mods counting letters) maybe it should be upped to something longer...I don't see that there really can be a post that adds value that is shorter then a couple of sentences...anything that is shorter then that is normally spam....just a thought.
    Well, as was said, the 25 character rule was upped to 50. That's another FAQ example that should be organized for everyone to see. Read my FAQ post here: FAQ Problem

Thanks Chief, you supplied as a good example of why things like that should be recorded for others to see, thus proving or helping my point in my first post on my thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    For some of us English is a second lenguage, so grammar sometimes is not good or correct. Will those AO members posting good quality posts awarded with some kinda of award? Because apperantly those members posting junk will get an infraction, so maybe those that do not write junk should get something kool like AO points.
    I don't think that "good" posts necessarily translate into good grammar. While it is encouraged to spell and type with correct spelling and grammar, good posts are intelligent posts, posts that make a great point and contributes to the thread in any way.

And pyoro is right, there shouldn't be any reward for quality posts, seeing as that's what everyone's goal should be. The real reward for being a "quality" member should always be the respect you earn from others, and that's definitely something others should shoot for.

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Just when the site was getting better. They bought it back. (u_u) *rolls out the red carpet* You mods got a huge Job ahead of ya. Lets jut let the lil spammers in though the front door why don't we! >.<;;

:O well. I guess its ok. No like the post count goes up in it. :O Nothing like 50 char. To make you think~
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

does this mean the end of the thread like

"what do you fight for?" and other crap which asks usless questions? what are you guys looking for, a soul mate????

i hope to see more threads on anime instead of crap

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145 View Post
    I don't think that "good" posts necessarily translate into good grammar. While it is encouraged to spell and type with correct spelling and grammar, good posts are intelligent posts, posts that make a great point and contributes to the thread in any way.
    I think that is asking a little too much at the moment.
    Let's start with readable posts and work from there.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    I think that is asking a little too much at the moment.
    Let's start with readable posts and work from there.
    You can't be serious? You should be joking.

Quality posts > Readable crap.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145 View Post
    You can't be serious? You should be joking.

Quality posts > Readable crap.
    I know that Silver. I'm just saying that quality posts are much harder to come by than reasonable spelling.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Hassun correct me if I am wrong but didn't way back we have a thing about the AIM type language posts (u = you, r = are...crap) not being acceptable? Maybe it was one of those things Zui had as a sticky that got lost somewhere along the way? Either way I think it should be a rule...I understand people from other countries not using proper English (Not that it floats since Kedar is from Japan and types better English then I do) but there is no excuse for just being lazy.
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Oct 23, 2006 at 06:42 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast