Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Let's Curb Low Quality Posts

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Let's Curb Low Quality Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aby The Liberal View Post
    However I think being too strict on quality posts will be kind of off mark, considering definition of quality varies. For example things which qualify in one community may not do so in others.
    For me, even if a member has problems verbalizing thoughts due to language barriers, age, education level, or otherwise, it's still fairly easy to see if he/she at least put some effort into the post, beyond simply stating likes or dislikes, or saying "I agree". Just look at the poetry forum...posts that only consist of "Great poem, I like it!" are of low quality here because it doesn't give any insight as to why. Everyone has reasons for their opinions, so it shouldn't be that hard to give those reasons in a post. I don't think anyone expects Shakespeare quality writing, just posts that actually facilitate discussion rather than break down into inane rambling.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

i cant get on rpg because it says i have to wait 15 days and i registered jun.10
    Yeah, Bye.

Newbie Aby The Liberal is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    ...beyond simply stating likes or dislikes, or saying "I agree". Just look at the poetry forum...posts that only consist of "Great poem, I like it!" are of low quality here because it doesn't give any insight as to why. Everyone has reasons for their opinions, so it shouldn't be that hard to give those reasons in a post. I don't think anyone expects Shakespeare quality writing, just posts that actually facilitate discussion rather than break down into inane rambling.
    Something like appreciation of poetry is more an an expression of opinions, it is connected to emotions, like anger or love. I might for example, like a particular poem because it relates to me or it sounds nice, in that case it is also possible that I can't explain exactly what I like about it. There are some things which we can appreciate but not very easy to put into words, for example the way a girl with short skirts attracts us - we won't be able to verbally explain the reason it does all the time..

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmyloser View Post
    i cant get on rpg because it says i have to wait 15 days and i registered jun.10
    Sorry, but you don't ask a question like this in a thread that doest have anything to so with what your asking. In other words dot hijack this thread. PM'ing a mod wold of been a better way to go.

Otaku chain may be famous one day chain may be famous one day chain's Avatar
    Thanks

yea that is a good new one. now their wont be so many =)

Thank you sasuraihell for the sig

Otaku Sashacat may be famous one day Sashacat may be famous one day Sashacat's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds good to me ^_^. I get tired of the same ol same ol

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    What?
    I think he ment that there won't be so many favourite threads and low quality posts anymore...

I agree with that! This idea is really good... I'm sure most Communtiy members will already know how to make a thread like that without turning it into a list thread or something. A low quality thread...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    I think he ment that there won't be so many favourite threads and low quality posts anymore...
    That post just didn't make any sense to me at all.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast