+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Meebo Me Added as a Default to your Profiles

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Meebo Added as a Default to your Profiles

Today we've added Meebo Chat as a default block to everyone's profile page. You can easily remove it if you don't want it in your profile. Take a look at my profile and you will see exactly what it does. In a nutshell, it allows you to manage all your chat sessions in 1.

The Meebo site is now one of the most busiest sites on the net, with an Alexa ranking of less than 2000, so they must be doing something right.

Anyway, I have already signed up an account with meebo and entered the embed code direct to my profile page. So now anyone can come on and chat live with me direct from my profile page.

Looks like Meebo has some promising stuff that compliments web communities like Anime Online.
    Online Since: February 16th, 2006
    User Accounts: Over 24,000!
    Below you can find an excerpt from the Meebo site.

Quote Originally Posted by Meebo
    meebo.com is a website for instant messaging from absolutely anywhere. Whether you’re at home, on campus, at work, or traveling foreign lands, hop over to meebo.com on any computer to access all of your buddies (on AIM, Yahoo!, MSN, Google Talk, ICQ and Jabber) and chat with them, no downloads or installs required, for free!
    Cheers.
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Jan 10, 2007 at 08:37 AM.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Meebo Me Added as a Default to your Profiles

Look interesting, ill check it out.

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for this. It reminds me of Trillian, yet easier to access. Great addition to the site. Mine is up and running.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: Meebo Me Added as a Default to your Profiles

That sound sweet, I hope that i can make full use of it!

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Dragon Ball this has its good points and bad. It will keep the spamming off the boards but it will also decrease your posts in my opinion. That's just me thinking but if you install something like this on a site the site popularity drops. Over on AI Sinistra installed Shoutbox and there are hardly any posts recently. He is going to have to take it out. I hope you really think about this and what it might do to the site. You want popularity not emptysville because the members are to busy to post due to Meebo Chat.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post
    Dragon Ball this has its good points and bad. It will keep the spamming off the boards but it will also decrease your posts in my opinion. That's just me thinking but if you install something like this on a site the site popularity drops. Over on AI Sinistra installed Shoutbox and there are hardly any posts recently. He is going to have to take it out. I hope you really think about this and what it might do to the site. You want popularity not emptysville because the members are to busy to post due to Meebo Chat.
    Well, it's not on the front page, it's basically your instant messenger, except pasted onto your profile. Also, the chat only works if the user is online on Meebo. The main difference between this and a shoutbox is that a shoutbox is used by everyone, on one page and is always on. This messenger system is used by a few on a few thousand different pages, so there is no main focus of chat or one big chatroom. So saying this reduces posts is saying all IMs in general reduce posts because they are separate programs that allow conversation between friends.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea thanks I was having a problem with getting this on my page

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by False Truth View Post
    Well, it's not on the front page, it's basically your instant messenger, except pasted onto your profile. Also, the chat only works if the user is online on Meebo. The main difference between this and a shoutbox is that a shoutbox is used by everyone, on one page and is always on. This messenger system is used by a few on a few thousand different pages, so there is no main focus of chat or one big chatroom. So saying this reduces posts is saying all IMs in general reduce posts because they are separate programs that allow conversation between friends.
    Agree, and I've just tested it out. Everything is fine and it's a pretty good program. Another good deed.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast