+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Meebo Me Added as a Default to your Profiles

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Meebo Me Added as a Default to your Profiles

Quote Originally Posted by False Truth View Post
    Well, it's not on the front page, it's basically your instant messenger, except pasted onto your profile. Also, the chat only works if the user is online on Meebo. The main difference between this and a shoutbox is that a shoutbox is used by everyone, on one page and is always on. This messenger system is used by a few on a few thousand different pages, so there is no main focus of chat or one big chatroom. So saying this reduces posts is saying all IMs in general reduce posts because they are separate programs that allow conversation between friends.
    You say that the user has to be on Meebo to even chat. Don't you think that takes the people away from the site so they can be on this meebo site. I only have one so that way I can test it and see if my theory is wrong. Don't cast a stone before trying it you know. I have tried it and trying to get everything done on the site was taking me away from the Anime Online site so meebo will be comeing off of my profile. I will not be more focused on chatting on some meebo site then chatting in the debate forums or the Cyber lounge to argue and give my opinions. What happened to getting high quality posts on AO? I mean don't you think half the people on here are going to sign on and go directly to their Meebo Chat site? I know Dragon Ball wants to add a few cool things to the site but in my opinion I don't think this is a good idea.

Dragon Ball just give it a testing period is all I ask. If it goes well I will not say another thing about it.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post
    You say that the user has to be on Meebo to even chat. Don't you think that takes the people away from the site so they can be on this meebo site. I only have one so that way I can test it and see if my theory is wrong. Don't cast a stone before trying it you know. I have tried it and trying to get everything done on the site was taking me away from the Anime Online site so meebo will be comeing off of my profile. I will not be more focused on chatting on some meebo site then chatting in the debate forums or the Cyber lounge to argue and give my opinions. What happened to getting high quality posts on AO? I mean don't you think half the people on here are going to sign on and go directly to their Meebo Chat site? I know Dragon Ball wants to add a few cool things to the site but in my opinion I don't think this is a good idea.

Dragon Ball just give it a testing period is all I ask. If it goes well I will not say another thing about it.
    There is always a thing called Tabbed Browsing, which is what I do while I chat and post on this site at the same time. Talk to Sinistra if you do not know how to use that feature.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    There is always a thing called Tabbed Browsing, which is what I do while I chat and post on this site at the same time. Talk to Sinistra if you do not know how to use that feature.
    I have that feature myself but that is not the point I'm trying to make. What I'm trying to say is that this might make the post count decrease. As for what I have seen in the week that I have joined AO it is Dragon Balls wish to get to his acquired post count and to have good quality posts. When you add something that might pull them away from posting and get them more into IMing eachother on this new system wouldn't that be bad? This is just my opinion. I think that it needs to be given a trial period.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

I have that feature myself but that is not the point I'm trying to make. What I'm trying to say is that this might make the post count decrease. As for what I have seen in the week that I have joined AO it is Dragon Balls wish to get to his acquired post count and to have good quality posts. When you add something that might pull them away from posting and get them more into IMing eachother on this new system wouldn't that be bad? This is just my opinion. I think that it needs to be given a trial period.
    Perhaps we can make it a post count thing. If you have under 1000 posts then no meebo.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

Thanks

Perhaps we can make it a post count thing. If you have under 1000 posts then no meebo.
    Then that would draw your actual posters away from the site and where would you be?

Thanks

Then that would draw your actual posters away from the site and where would you be?
    Depends on what time. I could be at school, in bed, or on my computer.

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

I am logged onto Meebo when online in another window. I never chat on the Meebo site as AO is much nicer and cooler. Everyone knows there are other chat forums out there, so this is no big news.

If I have new topics to discuss I would post them in AO's forum and not revert to chat as chat can only be done with 1 person and I would want my thoughts to stick around longer.

Hence, I don't think post count will drop.

But thanks for your opinions. Always appreciated.

Thanks

Depends on what time. I could be at school, in bed, or on my computer.
    Trying to make this funny but I'm being serious. All I was asking Dragon Ball to do is give it a testing period. I don't see what he could lose in that. Maybe he will even gain some knowledge of wheither it's a good idea or not to keep it.

Your welcome Dragon Ball and I wish you the best of luck with it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast