+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 27

Thread: Meebo Me Added as a Default to your Profiles

  1. #17
    Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sharks Territory
    Posts
    4,762
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 67 Times in 61 Posts

    Re: Meebo Me Added as a Default to your Profiles

    Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post
    Trying to make this funny but I'm being serious. All I was asking Dragon Ball to do is give it a testing period. I don't see what he could lose in that. Maybe he will even gain some knowledge of wheither it's a good idea or not to keep it.
    Eh, no worries. DB is smart enough when something is not working. Besides I mean this is the trial period, but no one has to say it out loud is all. One thing about AO is nothing last forever, even the good things.

    'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

  2. #18
    Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    1,043
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Re: Meebo Me Added as a Default to your Profiles

    Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post
    Trying to make this funny but I'm being serious. All I was asking Dragon Ball to do is give it a testing period. I don't see what he could lose in that. Maybe he will even gain some knowledge of wheither it's a good idea or not to keep it.

    Your welcome Dragon Ball and I wish you the best of luck with it.
    Whoa whoa whoa. Let's be honest. This is a simple little chatbox thing inside everyone's profile. I like the feature myself, and think it is cool. But it's not some shoutbox on the main Forum page. Most people will not use it, and it's too minor to cause any distraction.

    It's not a big deal or conspiracy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro
    Eh, no worries. DB is smart enough when something is not working. Besides I mean this is the trial period, but no one has to say it out loud is all. One thing about AO is nothing last forever, even the good things.
    Do I sense some wit? lol

  3. #19
    Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    594
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Meebo Me Added as a Default to your Profiles

    Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post
    You say that the user has to be on Meebo to even chat. Don't you think that takes the people away from the site so they can be on this meebo site. I only have one so that way I can test it and see if my theory is wrong. Don't cast a stone before trying it you know. I have tried it and trying to get everything done on the site was taking me away from the Anime Online site so meebo will be comeing off of my profile. I will not be more focused on chatting on some meebo site then chatting in the debate forums or the Cyber lounge to argue and give my opinions. What happened to getting high quality posts on AO? I mean don't you think half the people on here are going to sign on and go directly to their Meebo Chat site? I know Dragon Ball wants to add a few cool things to the site but in my opinion I don't think this is a good idea.



    Dragon Ball just give it a testing period is all I ask. If it goes well I will not say another thing about it.


    If you've ever even heard of trillian at all, then you'll realize meebo is the exact same thing. It's a messenger, whether you sign on or not is up to you. This also means it will take up another window or tab, but messengers already do that. The meebo site is meant for nothing more and nothing less. Like I said before, saying this will make post count go down is like saying your normal messenger will make post count go down, which just isnt true. I doubt people will start signing into messenger to start huge debates, unless they were doing so already. The reason why a shoutbox helped reduce post count is because of it's easy accessibility and the fact that it was on the front page, where multiple users can have a chat. In meebo, a chat can only occur between two people in each IM box, that means no group chats like shoutbox. You can't control and discuss serious topics over instant messenger if there are alot of people in a chat. That's one of the reasons why forums exist. A lot of veterans already know exactly what is the main reason for decreased post count, and that is the "clan" area. This wasn't in the past AO because of the thought of post count loss. This has been proven. But there's nothing we can do about it now, plus that's a discussion for another place and another time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinistra View Post
    I would have to agree with Ky-Lyrra. This is a totaly bad idea. On AI I have a shoutbox. and if that has tought me anything its ot let sleeping dogs lay. The reaon I say this is a bad idea is the fact it will draw away from the forum and Pyoro your smartass comments don't help any if you don't have anything nice to say and give a a good opion then shut the hell up. is all I have to say to you

    If you can't understand the fact that this will be a ba idea for AO then you are as lost as the rest of the members
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinistra
    *sniffles* the arragent asshole is growing up. Im so HAPPY!!! *tear* I am stating apoint man :P don't have to get so bent out of shape about it. but the rude comments about removing NEEDED stuff on this site is like cutting off somethign of yours you will need in your life when you find a partner >> It would be pointless :P We don't NEED Meebo at all.
    Please be more rational with you decision making, and don't base this from personal quarrels. Let's just try to give this a chance to work.
    Last edited by False Truth; Jan 10, 2007 at 09:48 PM.

    This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

  4. #20
    I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,351
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 89 Times in 30 Posts

    Re: Meebo Me Added as a Default to your Profiles

    Meebo chat has been available ever since zoints profiles went up. It's totally optional and allows members to use it if they have a need. As silver mentioned, it's enabled and disabled via a simple checkbox.

    The sun is shining nicely here in Japan today!

  5. #21
    I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    863
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 29 Times in 24 Posts

    Re: Meebo Me Added as a Default to your Profiles

    You want popularity not emptysville because the members are to busy to post due to Meebo Chat.
    Umm...not to interrupt a good e-fight, but in the end, but it seems to me that anyone who's going to use this thing religiously, and forsake all other posting probably wasn't posting anything of real interest in the first place. I came to this forum because I love anime, and didn't have anyone to discuss it with or any way to find new stuff, as none of my friends are really into it. So if I have something to say, I make a post. As it is, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest here in anime (other than Inuyasha and Naruto); when I get on and check the day's posts, most of them are about other things.

    My point is, go with the new IM system. If it takes half the people on this site away from posting in the forums, it'll eliminate damn near all of the garbage posts I have to sift through to get to anything even remotely interesting. We'll be left with a group of people who can actually form coherent thoughts and convey them successfully. Hell, there might even be more anime talk.

    Just because a site is popular doesn't mean it's worth visiting, much less contributing to.
    Last edited by gren; Jan 10, 2007 at 10:19 PM.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

  6. #22
    RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sainte-Foy, Qc (Canada)
    Posts
    881
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

    Re: Meebo Me Added as a Default to your Profiles

    I completely agree with you gren, as often people posting about anything will take away from time to time the main interest of the original forum. Those who only wanted to discuss anime and a few debates here and there will get desinterested and move on to another forum. Those who just like to spam a bit and talk about anything and just have a blast will accumulate if you let them be. I guess it's not easy to make a popular forum very large without great administration, great moderators, great members and a little bit of luck.

    And I so rarely find an interesting anime discussion that I barely discuss it at all. I even dared to go look on Gaiaonline and with all the posts going on over there in the anime section, I had to refresh, search a few older pages and still had difficulty in finding something interesting for me. Okay, so I'm picky on what I post on, it makes me post less but when I post usually I have something to say and it's much longer than most of the one liners that quite a few pull to get high post counts.

    I can't remember what I was going to write next because I left for over two hours....
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Jan 12, 2007 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Removed gren QUOTE from your post as your post follows right after hers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

    Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

  7. #23
    Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Under The Sea, Florida
    Posts
    1,533
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: Meebo Me Added as a Default to your Profiles

    After talking with Dragon Ball on Meebo I have come to like meebo. Like I said try it then make your true choice. Sorry guys that I was against it at first but my mind has been changed.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™


    Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

  8. #24
    I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,351
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 89 Times in 30 Posts

    Re: Meebo Me Added as a Default to your Profiles

    Another cool thing with Meebo is that you can choose any available "username" to signup with and no-one ever has to know your real username with yahoo messenger or MSN Chat etc.

    Eg... I use "chatnow" as my username with meebo but that is not my username with yahoo messenger.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Zoints Meebo Problem
    By Violent in forum Feedback and Questions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jan 05, 2007, 10:54 AM
  2. Anime Online default logo contest
    By Sinistra in forum Contests
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Sep 23, 2006, 04:28 PM
  3. Ye Olde Profiles
    By narrator in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Sep 16, 2005, 05:32 PM
  4. New game added to the Arcade
    By Sinistra in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jul 17, 2005, 05:48 PM
  5. Profiles!
    By GamesTesterJan in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 28, 2005, 04:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts