Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Now you can enjoy Ad Free Anime Online

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Now you can enjoy Ad Free Anime Online

Hi All,

Today I've implemented an option for members to remove the advertisements from Anime Online. Some members don't like seeing these ads. So now you have the option of removing the ads by making a one time donation of USD20. The ads will then be removed for you as a way of thanking you for your support.

With a forum of this size, there are considerable costs involved and time put into upgrades etc. The ads help offset this cost, and your donation would be highly appreciated.

All mods have this thrown in as a freebie for their valuable time and effort in maintaining chaos. Consider it your starting salary.

The ads have been moved to after the 1st post of each thread. You can click the "Remove Advertisements" link below these ads to get started.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Feb 22, 2008 at 06:27 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dragon Ball For This Useful Post:

dark1angel (Feb 11, 2008), Trunks (Feb 09, 2008)

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Re: Now you can enjoy Ad Free Anime Online

Sounds fair enough. Server space isn't free after all. I guess that means the add will be slapped above my post here. Eh, don't mind.

I guess the logical question to ask would be what are the payment options? You can use what to pay in which ways?

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

PayPal or credit card. Just click on the link below the ads to get started.

OR, let me go one better. If you can link back to AO from your site, blog, facebook profile, myspace page etc.., I will remove the ads for you for FREE! Just PM me the page where you have linked to Anime Online.

Thanks.

Otaku ice viper is off to a good start ice viper's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey Db this is a very good idea! But one question is the donation for only one year or for the whole time that one is a member here on ao? I don't mind the ad's above my post but if I think that I want to remove them in the future just to save server space.

Thanks

It's a one time donation. I have highlighted it in my original post. I may start showing more ads around as well, so it this donation would really make your AO experience clutter free.

Cheers.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragon Ball For This Useful Post:

ice viper (Feb 10, 2008)

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

>< i dont find that fair >< for people like me that HATE them yet dont have a credit card or cant ask for money ......................to be able to talk it off >< and now its even worse the first day back on here i didnt know it changed to the bottom >< and i clicked into the **** thing >< sorry if im actin like a spoiled brat but i do really hate them ............

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

I myself haven't posted in quite sometime, so this may be out of place, but the ads are new and I felt like commenting. Understanding the situation, I have to agree with Equinn and express how I consider it to be a bit unfair for some of the members. Considering the length of time they have been here and the number of posts, I don't quite understand why they would need to pay that much or at all.

I think that kind of dedication and activity to "AO", can be considered contribution as well don't you? Perhaps rewards can be given to those specific members who have earned thhis particular respect? Again though, not exactly my place to ask, but just a thought.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    I myself haven't posted in quite sometime, so this may be out of place, but the ads are new and I felt like commenting. Understanding the situation, I have to agree with Equinn and express how I consider it to be a bit unfair for some of the members. Considering the length of time they have been here and the number of posts, I don't quite understand why they would need to pay that much or at all.

I think that kind of dedication and activity to "AO", can be considered contribution as well don't you? Perhaps rewards can be given to those specific members who have earned thhis particular respect? Again though, not exactly my place to ask, but just a thought.
    lol, stuff like this just kills me. Do you know so little about how things actually are? No, you know how things are.

Your not so dumb as to think your posts pay for the BILLS and UP KEEP of AO? That they themselves keep the site going? Really? No you don't, I am sure your aware of that yet you think that they should be considered "contribution" enough to remove the only source of income for the site, which pays the "rent" as well as upgrades? Fact is the ads aren't NEW they predate you to be exact. YOU have never known AO without them, lol.

AO cost a lot of money to buy and a lot of money to run...you do nothing to keep the site afloat and yet you think it unfair to have the ads or at least not remove them for those who have been here a while and post? Seriously?

All the man asked was a 1 time contribution or a link back to his site from yours and that is unfair?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast