Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Now you can enjoy Ad Free Anime Online

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Now you can enjoy Ad Free Anime Online

w00t for salary!

Although I would suggest extending it to former staff as well, just so that Legend isn't left out

Quote Originally Posted by equinn View Post
    for people like me that HATE them yet dont have a credit card or cant ask for money
    Paypal has the option to do Electronic Funds Transfers to and from your bank account. No credit card needed.

That and pre-paid credit cards are very easy to get a hold of, I myself have one, and once I pay down my car loan and I have some extra money, I fully intend on donating to this website, and I'm staff so I never see ads anyways.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    lol, stuff like this just kills me. Do you know so little about how things actually are? No, you know how things are.

Your not so dumb as to think your posts pay for the BILLS and UP KEEP of AO? That they themselves keep the site going? Really? No you don't, I am sure your aware of that yet you think that they should be considered "contribution" enough to remove the only source of income for the site, which pays the "rent" as well as upgrades? Fact is the ads aren't NEW they predate you to be exact. YOU have never known AO without them, lol.

AO cost a lot of money to buy and a lot of money to run...you do nothing to keep the site afloat and yet you think it unfair to have the ads or at least not remove them for those who have been here a while and post? Seriously?
    Well it was just a thought. I don't know a great deal about websites or how much particular/specific ones cost, but I have been apart of contributing and funding many. The ads must not have been that eye catching or really that significant since I didn't quite notice them earlier.

Suspecting that people pay for a site out of their own pockets because they actually want to run a site, doesn't necesarrily strike me as unusual. In fact, I know people who do it, and I have done it myself. Yes, after a certain period income certainly does get tight, so ads are an obvious solution. Considering that the members really make a site what they are, meaning sites are completely pointless if they have no populace, why not consider them in high regards?

I apologize if I somehow offended you, but as I said, I just felt like posting, even if it was a mistake to do so. Still, paying money to move a single ad, now doesn't that seem to appear a bit unrealistic? Some may be annoyed, but seirously, who would pay money to do so? Have donations if you are in that much need. I would certianly drop 20 dollars ot pitch in if I knew the site was going to go now, and you can quote me on that later.

If you want to make an accusation about my character, why don't you put me in the position to do so? would you think of me better if I dropped 20 in the jar, simply to make a point and help out with that insignificant contribution as you put it?

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

@aceman67 - man do u really think im old enough to have a bank account?...

and hammer i know and mind when ao didnt have adds everywhere >< i think that was before it was sold or something tho ....im kinda still not totally clued in on that one ....

but like for me im not old enough to be donating to ao ( maybe next year) but like theres quite a few ao users who are about the same age as me and younger and i know they wont be able to ether

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    Well it was just a thought. I don't know a great deal about websites or how much particular/specific ones cost, but I have been apart of contributing and funding many. The ads must not have been that eye catching or really that significant since I didn't quite notice them earlier.

Suspecting that people pay for a site out of their own pockets because they actually want to run a site, doesn't necesarrily strike me as unusual. In fact, I know people who do it, and I have done it myself. Yes, after a certain period income certainly does get tight, so ads are an obvious solution. Considering that the members really make a site what they are, meaning sites are completely pointless if they have no populace, why not consider them in high regards?

I apologize if I somehow offended you, but as I said, I just felt like posting, even if it was a mistake to do so. Still, paying money to move a single ad, now doesn't that seem to appear a bit unrealistic? Some may be annoyed, but seirously, who would pay money to do so? Have donations if you are in that much need. I would certianly drop 20 dollars ot pitch in if I knew the site was going to go now, and you can quote me on that later.

If you want to make an accusation about my character, why don't you put me in the position to do so? would you think of me better if I dropped 20 in the jar, simply to make a point and help out with that insignificant contribution as you put it?
    You didn't offend me nor did I question your "character" (seriously how did you get to that conclusion?) my post was in regards to the general ignorance towards how sites truly operate and how everyone expects something for "nothing." Yet the truth is that it costs (in most cases with a site of this size) a lot of $$$ to run a site.

AO can exist without members but not $$$ and that is the facts. But to think that any one group of people is "special" just because they have been here a while and posted a bunch is a joke. People come and go, if you leave someone else will join and take your place. Take that from someone who has been here longer and has more posts than you, I have seen many come to AO and many leave... yet we are still here.

Contributions are nice thought and seems like it would work but they don't really work, if you won't pay 20 bucks to remove something that you don't like about the site your are no more likely to pay 20 bucks to keep it going either. That being from a number of site owners I know who have a "please donate to keep us alive" section yet get 0 from it.

And BTW I never said any contribution was insignificant, even posting..but when your talking apples don't mention oranges

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Sorry about that, but I must have misinterpreted from this portion of your post.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    lol, stuff like this just kills me. Do you know so little about how things actually are? No, you know how things are.

Your not so dumb as to think your posts pay for the BILLS and UP KEEP of AO? That they themselves keep the site going? Really? No you don't, I am sure your aware of that yet you think that they should be considered "contribution" enough to remove the only source of income for the site, which pays the "rent" as well as upgrades? Fact is the ads aren't NEW they predate you to be exact. YOU have never known AO without them, lol.

AO cost a lot of money to buy and a lot of money to run...you do nothing to keep the site afloat and yet you think it unfair to have the ads or at least not remove them for those who have been here a while and post? Seriously?

All the man asked was a 1 time contribution or a link back to his site from yours and that is unfair?
    This is in no way an insult, but I am merely answering your quesiton. Check out the definition of character if you didn't quite understand what i meant.

You are right in saying AO can survive without members, but what does that mean and why would that happen? The reason why this site costs so much is because of quality right? Usually higher quality means larger member base, more space, more cost, so on and so forth. If noone was here, what is the point of a forum for discussion amongst individuals? I suppose i am diving into philosophy here, but what is something, when the reason for it's creation is gone?

Would i consider a person with a post count of 15,000 special on the site? Yes. Why? Well you said it yourself; people come and go all the time, but I see that continuous growth of posts and the time spent here, seperates those individuals from one another. I live in the real world as well, that is an everyday occurence out here.

Why exactly would anyone pay to have something they don't like, to be removed? Any first reaction to that is usually the same. It is unfair, although it may be selfish. If things need to be done, so be it, that is reasonable. No one is questioning the reason for the ads. The reason why people don't get donations, is usually a sign of low quality, the members don't have money, or it is just that their most significanct members are procrastinators. On the same page, what is the average age range for the AO members? How many have credit cards, and how many would actually have parents willing to pay 20 dollars to remove a half inch ad on a 19 monitor, with options for scroll? Does it matter if they truly loved this site or not, or if they hate that ad or not?

Am I still speaking oranges? I would rather get this straightened out as quickly as possible. As you stated, AO costs quite a bit correct? If 1 person were to pay that fee, would it actually do anything to help pay for the site? From what i understand, the reason for paying to remove that ad, is so that you can work your way into removing the ads completely?

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

OK take this issue to your Private Messaging both of you. Do not deviate anymore from the announcement....
    Last edited by Hassun; Feb 11, 2008 at 10:47 AM.

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Ball View Post
    OR, let me go one better. If you can link back to AO from your site, blog, facebook profile, myspace page etc.., I will remove the ads for you for FREE! Just PM me the page where you have linked to Anime Online.

Thanks.
    Would affiliating with another forum work for this? If so, I can make it happen

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

ok so zyta he means like me im added to ao from bebo soo i can get off the adds? if i pm him telling him this? is that right

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast