Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Now you can enjoy Ad Free Anime Online

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Now you can enjoy Ad Free Anime Online

I didnt realize that people had problems with the ads. Really, are they that much of a nuisance? I barely notice them most of the time...unless its a new anime ad or something. Honestly I find the new layout with the ads kinda annoying. It doesnt make any difference to anything but personally it was easier at the top.

Hmmm...pay $20 or link AO to your blog, etc. I wonder which one the people will choose.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Otaku Saionji is off to a good start
    Thanks

The ADs don't even bother me that much, although they are very annoying.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    I didnt realize that people had problems with the ads. Really, are they that much of a nuisance? I barely notice them most of the time...unless its a new anime ad or something. Honestly I find the new layout with the ads kinda annoying. It doesnt make any difference to anything but personally it was easier at the top.

Hmmm...pay $20 or link AO to your blog, etc. I wonder which one the people will choose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saionji View Post
    The ADs don't even bother me that much, although they are very annoying.
    Yeah I don't see what the deal is. All I see right now is ad right after the first post of each page. The question for me is, in the long run would it be better for the site if I pay this $20 bucks or should I just leave it be?? If the site makes more money from letting the ads stay then I'll let it stay.

And the man already gave an alternative, just put a link on your personal network sites to AO and you'll have the ads remove for free. As long as the ads doesn't have audio it is fine with me.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GallComp View Post
    OK take this issue to your Private Messaging both of you. Do not debiate anymore from the announcement....
    lol, last I checked threads are meant for DISCUSSION and DEBATING. If this was meant solely as an announcement than DB would have closed it when he posted it. But he didn't because he wants the feedback and discussion of the announcement. What benefit would it be for us to take it to a PM system when it should be here so others can weigh in with their thoughts and feelings on it? I believe Tbaism has a very valid argument which a number of members will feel the same way on, I on the other hand know the cost involved with running a site and am trying to offer rebuttal which clears the air.

@Tbaism I respect your opinion and don't take anything you have said as an insult which I hope is reciprocal. Now I still believe your on oranges. Why? The basic argument of yours is 2 fold.

1) That tenure and post count are valid contributions to offset the "cost" of running the site.

I contend that the tenure and post count of a person has no barring on the profitability mechanisms of this site. You cannot confuse the purpose of the site with the cost of producing it. Yes you can argue there is no site without us posting meaning who would want to run a site with no members? But the thing is he is footing a large bill for US to come and enjoy the freedom of speech and converse with others. What good is your willingness to come and make this site successful with loads of posting if he can't afford to have the site? No amount of posting puts the ability to do so there.

2) It is unfair to have to pay to have something you don't like removed. Especially if they can't afford it.

It is NOT ok for us to get what we want because DB decided to use HIS money on a daily basis to run the site. Just because we didn't make that same decision or can't afford to do so doesn't mean that we can say "remove" the income source without monetary compensation. It isn't "fair" for DB to bare all the cost while everyone else "uses" the site and "expects" free stuff.

Remove the ads for all and he can't afford to give you the site where you enjoy expressing yourself, hanging with friends etc...

Leave the ads or get monetary compensation for the removal of them and we have a site to post on.

Honestly which one would you really want?

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

It's really not too much to ask for. If you don't have the funds or access to funds, I'm sure you have a facebook, myspace, gaia or an account at another social networking site. Just link from your account / site to AO, PM me and I will remove the ads for you.

The server costs for AO are $235 / month. Thankfully this is offset by ads. Now you can see why the ads are so important.

Cheers.

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

This recent update you gave is sincerely a great solution for freezing sites, in case your wondering what that meant was that every time i try to post anything for me it would take for about five min. or so depending if there is a spam that just simply pops up on me and usually freezes my computer with all the different varieties of ads. so i appreciate it if you are creating a solution. ^_^

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dark1angel View Post
    This recent update you gave is sincerely a great solution for freezing sites, in case your wondering what that meant was that every time i try to post anything for me it would take for about five min. or so depending if there is a spam that just simply pops up on me and usually freezes my computer with all the different varieties of ads. so i appreciate it if you are creating a solution. ^_^
    This site doesn't do pop ups, it means that you have spyware on your computer. Probably from visiting one too many dirty sites. The only thing this site is doing are the google banner ads. So you might want to check your computer.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Legend For This Useful Post:

dark1angel (Feb 12, 2008)

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

The only thing that has changed is the placement of the ads. No more or no less ads were introduced.

The benefits of paying the $20 is that it would help maintain the server and possibly get a memory upgrade to improve performance.

Alternatively, if you have a solution or 2, I'm all ears. So much easier to complain rather than offer a solution I know.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast