Closed Thread

Thread: Pseudo Modding

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Pseudo Modding

Seems I have to explain this rule to the masses.

Pseudo-Modding is a forum term here at Animeonline to refer to telling or disciplining another member for breaking a rule with out being staff.

Only staff members have the authority to discipline other members..

By telling another member that they have broken a rule can do a couple things: Embarrasses them on the open forum, which is a no-no, and can invite negative responses from the offending member and can lead to a harsher punishment from staff when we do get around to taking care of the issue.

I understand that a staff member cannot be online every hour of the day, nor can the staff as a whole be able to take care of every rule breaking incident that occurs on a daily basis. There are over 41,000 members and only 17 staff members. You out number us by a substantial margin. Things will be missed, but I think we do a pretty good job regardless.

If you see something that you think is a violation of site rules, use the report post function (click this image ), this will actually E-Mail all staff members as well as create a thread about the issue in the staff-only forum, and the first staff that sees it will most likely take care of it.

Alternatively, you can PM a staff-member directly, but we prefer that you use the Report Post function.

Lastly: If you see a thread that breaks a rule, please for the love of all that is good and pure in this world, his holy carnivore Raptor-Jesus, Report it and don't respond to it!

By responding to a thread that breaks a rule can legitimize the rule breaking in the eyes of the offender. If no one responds to the thread, chances are the user won't do it again.
    Last edited by aceman67; May 03, 2010 at 02:37 PM.

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Pseudo Modding

Would you be angry if we sent the person a pm and told them that is bad. Some people just say those things because they don't want them to get in trouble.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Beatle View Post
    Would you be angry if we sent the person a pm and told them that is bad. Some people just say those things because they don't want them to get in trouble.
    If you do, and we catch wind of it? Yes, there would be some trouble, since you just broke two rules, Pseudo-Modding and Harassing other members.

Personally, If someone were to tell me I had broken the rules in a PM, I'd tell them where to shove it.

Newbie physco otaku is off to a good start physco otaku's Avatar
    Thanks

hi i understand evrything you have said in this message and your right, but if someone breaks a rule how do they know they have broken it?

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by physco otaku View Post
    hi i understand evrything you have said in this message and your right, but if someone breaks a rule how do they know they have broken it?
    Well they should first read the site rules, so the mods don't have to waste their time repeating the rules to you. And the mods will let you know if you break a rule. We are watching.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Thanks

7. The Following User Says Thank You to aceman67 For This Useful Post:

HolderOfTheDarkChalice (Jun 24, 2010)

Banned shigurai is off to a good start shigurai's Avatar
    Thanks

you harassed me in a reply who is going to judge you. I can, and you know where to shove it you son of a bitch.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
    Last edited by aceman67; Jun 23, 2010 at 11:34 AM.

Closed Thread