+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Some gallery stuff and Sinistra's Vacation

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

Some gallery stuff and Sinistra's Vacation

Hello all you AOers! I really like how AO has turned out this year minus all the drama and all the bad stuff that has happened this year. As of Jan first I will be going on break for a few months. meaning you will not see Sinistra online at all ^_^. unless its to do some minor topic closings. But before I go I would like to bring forward a few issues I think need to be resolved while I am away enjoying my break.

Gallery Issues

I have noticed a complete lack in the following aspects of the gallery which I think we can improve on if you the members help out ^_^
    • Poor Gallery and Image descriptions. What I mean by this is that a lot of members just upload images without giving a description or any type of description. I would like to see some of this improve before I return from my break
    • Keywords. A lot of you don't understand this but Keywords is what makes the gallery more user friendly by putting in keywords you can search the gallery a lot faster.

Over the past few days I have added in a few new gallery categories. go and check them out.

The forums

I am glad we finally reached a benchmark in the AO standings of how many registered members. but we need to get the board going smoother. Lets not let that keep us from our goals of making AO the most friendliest community on the net.

The mod attitudes. I have seen a great improvement on how the mods handle situations now on the board. This really is a great breakthrough in the site.

Anime Online Clans

I would love to see this get going again. Before I leave I will leave instructions with staff members on how to start a new clan challenge so the clans can become active again. I hope this helps before I get back.

In Closing

I would like to take this time to thank everyone on AO for such a wonderful time. and I hope to see you all doing well when I return to AO. On the day I return to AO I will not be spending so much time behind the scenes but posting on the board with you members. meaning I will still do my duties as the coder of the site but not as much as I have done over the past year. So I hope to meet new friends and maybe get to know alot more members.

I hope everyone has a good 2 months and I hope to see the site improve between the time I leave and the time I return to the site.
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Dec 29, 2006 at 01:38 AM.

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Some gallery stuff and Sinistra's Vacation

Enjoy your break Sinistra! You've done a lot of good work over 2006 and I look forward to seeing you revitalized and charged on your return.

To further Sinistra's comments, I would like to mention the following:
    • There has been a reshuffle in staff and staff members are now looking forward to a friendlier site along with fair rules and MODDING for all. There will be a better respect for members of AO. Without you members, this board would fall apart. Equally without our mods, this board would be mayhem. Hence, I also ask for everyones co-operation in posting quality content and in the correct forums.
    • 2007 will bring better content and an expanded AO. New features are planned and will be announced as they are finalised.
    Thank you to all. I'm still on my holidays and will return back to work January 8th on my return to Japan. Presently am on vacation in Australia.

Cheers.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I want to say a big THANKS to Sinistra, for all you did for AO this year and you handled the drama great. Enjoy your holidays, you deserve it ^^

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

You don't get a vacation, those were the terms you agreed to when you took the job. =P

Anywho, enjoy the slack time while it lasts. You certainly deserve it. Have fun!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Will you be available Sinistra if some major coding issue come up?

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

if it is an emergency yes I will be around.

Otaku Fish Hunter 2 Champion, Ice Mania Champion, Pigeon Hunter Champion, Bear & Cat Champion exderz may be famous one day exderz may be famous one day exderz's Avatar
    Thanks

woooo...dragon ball do live in japan(i was wondering if that was true) if you made a new char....i hope to your first friend....

Otaku Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion tammyemily303308 may be famous one day tammyemily303308 may be famous one day tammyemily303308's Avatar
    Thanks

We are really going to miss you Sinistra! You really did a lot for ao!

Temari: Naruto's own Wind Charmer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast