Closed Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Staff Shuffle

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Re: Staff Shuffle

peanut gallery? whos dropping drama bait now?
    you need to get a life and just do something other
    than herass people .

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zui Quan View Post
    Not to break up anyone's party about how crappy or how great AO will be now, but the success of a forum community depends upon the forum posts and the members that make the posts. You can assemble the greatest staff ever and it would all go for naught if the members are crap, and likewise the staff could be a bunch of imbeciles but if the site is active and entertaining people will love it despite the idiocy of the moderators.

'Veteran' status is overrated, as is post count. I wish that stupid 'veterans' bar and the equally foolish 'elite' status would go the heck away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post
    I have to agree it does depend on the community. If we want it to be less dull and more fun then you will have to bring something to the table that way the staff can meet you half way. The board is only half complete when only one side (staff in this case) is trying to keep this place fun and the other side (community in this case) is trying to spam and create things that take up the staffs time. When they could be doing something better like comeing up with fun ideas and fun contests for the site. Sorry Quans words just touched me and I had to say something. Community give a 100% and I'm sure the staff wouldn't mind giving 100% to (which I think they already do). Take up the responsibility of making this site better and I do not mean by acting like the staff. What I mean is become responsible with your posting, look out for things that might break the rules and we could have the best site in the world to come and hang out at.

Again sorry if I bore you I will only post if someones words move me to do so. Although we should just let this thread die and move forward.
    Both Zui and Ky-lyrra touch on things I wanted to talk about, and they make very very good points.

Like I have said before, everything is a two way street here. Animeonline.net is an ONLINE COMMUNITY, and the staff are merely the equivalent of COPS you have in society. All we are doing is our job keeping people from spamming, as a cop would stop anyone from littering. I doubt anyone of you would wanna walk out the door to see an ocean of trash outside your place, if you had a choice.

As for the staff change, yes it was abrupt, and I know some of you are disgruntled. But changes are inevitable, like the remote control and the telephone which made our lives better. But YOU can say, "how do we know if the staff change is going to be good or bad?" Well, you can either make a prediction, or stay and see for yourself then make the decision whether this place is good for you to stay or not.

And for those who are shock/angry and thinking about leaving, all I can say is PLEASE DON'T. In terms of situations like this, I have been through it at other forums where a friend of mine was banned or demoted, etc. Loyalty tells you to stick with them and give ultimatums. Experiences tells me that loyalty is good in real life, but online you will often get screwed. Like my example, my friend was fired from staff and I quit with him, one week later he got back on staff, and me looking outside. <--Yup I was stupid.

If you truly wanted to leave, and the staff change is not a big reason of your decision then you got a good reason. But if you're leaving beause of the bannings or firings, IT IS A MISTAKE.

Another thing is I have heard a lot about how this place is a dump and hell to be at. DB saw that and decided to make changes.

The previous formula didn't work, so what makes you think sticking with it will?

This is where you members are suppose to step up. Financially, DragonBall owns this site, but the community belongs to everyone. AO is not the Sinistra/Hassun/Mirokuu/Vet show, and will never be. I have heard a lot of this place is a dump, but I have not seen from those people what they did for it.

Everything is a two way street

Members, AO is your home away (or inside) from home. And I have seen members say they love this place, which means we are going in the right direction. For those that said, I'll give it one/two week to get better otherwise I'm out. And for those I have to say,

What the Hell are you thinking?

Any new system in place will take more than 1 or 2 weeks to work. Instance success would only mean a shaky foundation. So give it some time, ANIMEONLINE.NET has taken a lot of damage in the past year or two. We are in a somewhat rebuilding phase, and your patience and contribution is needed now.

Ultimately, who is DragonBall trying to serve? Himself?

It is you the members.

And right now, AO needs your support. Don't just SIT BACK, and "I'll see what happens in this few weeks." Don't be a community leech. Post more, and post well.

Members, the ball is in your court, do something about it. Be proud of what you're part of, and MAKE IT GOOD

If you create the threads, they will post.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Pyoro has some points I want to say something about to.

This is spoken from the heart of a true and loyal Staff member. He is not the only staff member like this though all of them are. So if you see his views and the other staffs are similar don't you think we have people that truely do care about what happens to the community and also this site.

And for those who are shock/angry and thinking about leaving, all I can say is PLEASE DON'T. In terms of situations like this, I have been through it at other forums where a friend of mine was banned or demoted, etc. Loyalty tells you to stick with them and give ultimatums.
    For this I would have to agree your saying that the site is doing bad so your going to leave. Don't just let that make your mind up. Think about it hard before you decided to leave do to the staff change.

We are in a somewhat rebuilding phase, and your patience and contribution is needed now.
    Animeonline.net is in a rebuilding stage so why not take part in rebuilding it? When it's rebuilt you could look back and say "I took part in making that site the best site ever made and I'm proud to call it my Home Away From Home."

Ultimately, who is DragonBall trying to serve? Himself?

It is you the members.
    Sometimes you might think that Dragon Ball is only thinking about himself but you know what just bite your tongue and in a month or two if it doesn't happen within a week you will see that he only does the things he does because he wants to give you the best the site has to offer.

And right now, AO needs your support. Don't just SIT BACK, and "I'll see what happens in this few weeks." Don't be a community leech. Post more, and post well.

Members, the ball is in your court, do something about it. Be proud of what you're part of, and MAKE IT GOOD

If you create the threads, they will post.
    Don't let a measily staff change stop you from posting and like Pyoro said don't be a leech and suck from this site give something. Makes some High Quality threads that people will post in. Don't be scared that someone wont like what you want to talk about maybe they wont but some other people will. Your not the only one that likes the things you do. Try and put some variety into this site but make sure it's in the appropriate place.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok i wasnt going to leave however i dont mean to be picky but animeonline needs to be more GFX based im aware its called anime online but most people here dont even know much about anime they just come here because. my biggest issue is that there is nothing for me to really post about the topics are dull when i make a topic no one ever post and the threads i want to make will get me a infraction such as Look at my new sigs what do u think it will get thorwn as a useless thread

Ive been to other sites ones that i belong to now and they have a Graphics section where people can have there own GFX shops and GFX Clans and so fourth competitions and all if this was added to AO im sure it would bring forth many more members and revive our old......and thats all i really have to say about that
    Cheers as DB would say ^_^
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1988 View Post
    Ok i wasnt going to leave however i dont mean to be picky but animeonline needs to be more GFX based im aware its called anime online but most people here dont even know much about anime they just come here because. my biggest issue is that there is nothing for me to really post about the topics are dull when i make a topic no one ever post and the threads i want to make will get me a infraction such as Look at my new sigs what do u think it will get thorwn as a useless thread

Ive been to other sites ones that i belong to now and they have a Graphics section where people can have there own GFX shops and GFX Clans and so fourth competitions and all if this was added to AO im sure it would bring forth many more members and revive our old......and thats all i really have to say about that
    Cheers as DB would say ^_^
    Clearly you're missing the entire point of Anime Online, I'm not saying I blame you for it though with how things look around here.

At its very core AO is a community built around people with a common interest, which just so happens to be anime. The most pure and original AO was nothing more than a forum and it's a proven fact that having just a forum works the best. However the past leaders decided to add on it to and broaden the horizons, show off member talents and introduce new areas of fandom to the members. Thus the Gallery came to be. All the gallery is supposed to do is simply supplement the forum.

Quite frankly I think there are a few too many graphics around the site, like displaying signatures at the bottom from contests and etc. The most emphasis needs to be put on the forum rather than the gallery. If it's graphics that you want then you should visit minitokyo.net or animepaper.com, those sites are designed from the ground up to be graphic sites. AO is a forum.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

AO is not the Sinistra/Hassun/Mirokuu/Vet show, and will never be.
    Lies lies, all lies I tell you!!

I just wish we would all stop this bitc****, and get to the rebuilding. This is DB's site, and he is doing what he thinks will make this place better. '

I say we let this topic live for a little longer, and then close it. I think everythings been said that need to be said.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Omega View Post
    Clearly you're missing the entire point of Anime Online, I'm not saying I blame you for it though with how things look around here.

At its very core AO is a community built around people with a common interest, which just so happens to be anime. The most pure and original AO was nothing more than a forum and it's a proven fact that having just a forum works the best. However the past leaders decided to add on it to and broaden the horizons, show off member talents and introduce new areas of fandom to the members. Thus the Gallery came to be. All the gallery is supposed to do is simply supplement the forum.

Quite frankly I think there are a few too many graphics around the site, like displaying signatures at the bottom from contests and etc. The most emphasis needs to be put on the forum rather than the gallery. If it's graphics that you want then you should visit minitokyo.net or animepaper.com, those sites are designed from the ground up to be graphic sites. AO is a forum.
    Anime Online was more an Anime Community then it slowly turned into a GFX community. but I would agree with Raven here the GFX threads need to be less but have more anime discussion

and as for his suggestions of AP and MT. Anime paper is alot stricter on GFX then MT. But its mostly a wall paper community no sigs or stuff like that

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

I too will start trying to make more threads in the Japan forum being that I live here. If anyone has specific questions on Japan, PM me and I will create a thread about it.

Pyoro-Pyoro, great post above and so very true!

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast