Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Top Posters of the Months stats

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Top Posters of the Months stats

The bad thing is that everything gets out of control it's just are you going to add to it when it does or are you just going to turn and let it die down. For me if something bad does happen because of this I will not add to the fire. I will just avoid the area or subject that's turned bad and move on to the next one.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally I think this is a good move….It allows for some competition for newer members….AND is a great utility for the mods as well! What I mean is it makes it easy to see who is posting a lot and by that you can see if they are spamming! Yes a perfect utility to kill those spammers!!! If each one of the mods would choose just one person from the top 50 and reviewed their posts….I wonder…I just wonder how much spam one might find! (BTW I am in the top 50 so I am including myself in those who should be reviewed). Granted I am not pointing fingers but then again the amount of useless posts on this board can be linked to something…just my thoughts!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    Personally I think this is a good move….It allows for some competition for newer members….AND is a great utility for the mods as well! What I mean is it makes it easy to see who is posting a lot and by that you can see if they are spamming! Yes a perfect utility to kill those spammers!!! If each one of the mods would choose just one person from the top 50 and reviewed their posts….I wonder…I just wonder how much spam one might find! (BTW I am in the top 50 so I am including myself in those who should be reviewed). Granted I am not pointing fingers but then again the amount of useless posts on this board can be linked to something…just my thoughts!
    I'm glad you noticed the potential moderating utilities Chief!
    Everyone who's interested in the top position had better be posting some quality material.
    We reward members who help make AO a better place.

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Then we come to a conclusion what if what someone posted to them was quality and to you it wasn't. I'm not saying I don't like this I just like thinking things out. It's in my nature. Sometimes people can not put into words what they are thinking and they try so hard and then they get into trouble because it was considered spam. I like the idea but there are flaws in this system!

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I agree Ky-lyrra chan. What if someone's post doesn't seem quality to one of the mods, but to the poster themself, it seemed perfectly fine? How would you solve this? And how could they prevent it from happening? Overall, it is a good idea.

Thanks

I think it's great. I mean it keeps the spam under control but also it might bring up a conflict. Someone might see it as quality or there is a point but the mod might not see a point or think it's useful to the thread. Then I think the decision is left up to DB to decide weither to keep the post or thread. Or it should be taken to him when he's not busy. If you think you have a case then take it up with him and he could always open it back up or just say no it's all up to him. So things have downsides but there are always back up plans.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    I agree Ky-lyrra chan. What if someone's post doesn't seem quality to one of the mods, but to the poster themself, it seemed perfectly fine? How would you solve this? And how could they prevent it from happening? Overall, it is a good idea.
    We don't nitpick. And on top of that, yes it is the staff that determines whether a post is "quality" or not. "Quality" posts do not have to mean something mind blowing or extremely long. It's not rocket science to tell when a post has thought put into it and which ones mindless blabbering.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

This is ridiculous the purpose of a mod in this matter is to read the subject of the thread and then read the post and make a determination if the post was applicable to the subject matter or a “spam” of the subject…questioning a mod’s ability to discern the difference between a quality post and a crap one is just dumb. They got to mod status for a reason. IF they did make a mistake then you can report it to the admin and he can see if the mod was right or not. But saying well what if the poster tried real hard to make it relevant? Come on…”please officer I tried to stay on the road but it was the whiskey that blurred my judgment.” It all boils down to common sense if you can’t post what you are thinking in a constructive and organized manner then go away, THINK about it some more, maybe take a class on effective communication techniques and come back later…otherwise DON’T post. Saying I tried real hard? No you didn’t!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast