Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Top Posters of the Months stats

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Top Posters of the Months stats

Hmm, looks like I should take it easy then. I don't mind posting my opinions here, but if it means I'm gonna get reviewed for every post I make....sure there might be like a few posts that are for fun, but if I get infracted or something when I only do it maybe once in a great while if at all, I don't know. Unless you guys are mainly referring to people who constantly spam, then that I don't mind.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

LOL chief. Uhm, I must say I agree with you there. I wasn't questioning anything if you were reffering to me or speaking in general. I was just asking how would you be able to tell, even if it was a constructive response. But by the example you gave there, it all does boil down to common sense or mindless posting.

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Chief that is why I mentioned if you think you have a case and think it was unfair then you should go to DB and if he's busy then you should wait till he gets back to you. Don't complain if you get an infraction for crappy posts. I mean your right in a sence and all. All I was saying is take it up with DB if you think that the post or thread should stay open and as I've said he will either open it back up or say no. That's all you have to do but don't go bugging him for every little thing that is closed that is plain out dumb.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Unfortunately I had to remove the feature showing top posters of the month. It required complex database queries and made the forums run slow.

Sorry, I know this was useful but it's more important to keep things fast/stable.

Hassun is back to the top spot.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

really here i was just getting used to it but if it slows down the fourm i unterstand why u took it off
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Ball View Post
    Unfortunately I had to remove the feature showing top posters of the month.

Hassun is back to the top spot.

Rob Thomas - This is how a heart breaks

What a buzzkill, and hopefully they dont stop posting.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Man...if that is a complex query that taxes the site then the database design must really suck (Hammer writes queries all day in Oracle....13,000 tables...millions of records...). Neither here nor there why not just have it on a timed execution via a php function which only runs once a day. Load the database results into global variables and display them. That way no performance issues and you still get what you want...just won't be able to update it by us users...which I don't see as a problem.

Option 2 is to create a view in your database based off of the complex queries (only have to do that once) and have the query based off of that view...a view is dynamic and will refresh (in the database) every time it is accessed...that way your query is very simple and not taxing on the site!

Just my thoughts!

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

A very interesting idea Chief. I liked the idea of the top 10 being up and I don't want the forums to slow down like I said it has it upsides and its downsides. I guess this was a major downside that affected the site and wasn't able to be used.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast