+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 27

Thread: Username Change Auction

  1. #9
    Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago but im in tenn for college
    Posts
    1,346
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: Username Change Auction

    Heh. I had my name changed before but ya know Xelhes is gettig old its about time for me to be recognized as the CB Heh heh. time to auction
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

  2. #10
    You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,293
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 38 Times in 36 Posts

    Re: Username Change Auction

    I have question for the AO staff. Would it be inappropriate to change ones user name to anonymous?

  3. #11
    Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sharks Territory
    Posts
    4,762
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 67 Times in 61 Posts

    Re: Username Change Auction

    Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    I have question for the AO staff. Would it be inappropriate to change ones user name to anonymous?
    Question is, if I win can I change ketaro's name to Tom Cruise.

    'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

  4. #12
    I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,351
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 89 Times in 30 Posts

    Re: Username Change Auction

    Changing your name to "anonymous" wouldn't be allowed. Changing your name to:
    • Site Owner
    • Guest
    • Veteran
    • Viz Media Rep
    And so on also wouldn't be allowed due to the confusion and misrepresentation it would cause.

    I hope you were joking when you asked this question.

  5. #13
    Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    386
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts

    Re: Username Change Auction

    um... seeing as to hw this thread isn't really invoking too much attention... i don't think it would be appropriate to hold this aucton. instead why don't we open up a fund... something like an ebay thing... we all could submit stuff up for auction in exchange for AO credits and in urn use those credits to buy stuff... and occasionally, the admins could put up AO elated stuff up for sale... that would be cool now wouldn't it?

    what do you think? i do believe it is a bit complicated to do since i don't know how to really go about with it... but then again... my internet communicaion skills are not that good as of now yet... i don't even have an ebay account... haha...

    but i do hope you wold consider it... it would not only increase participation between members, but could potentially increase the number of people who would want to join AO, hence inceasing the range where Ao can reac out further enriching our interpersonal skills... and hopefully meet friends that we can see when we go places.
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

    crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

  6. #14
    Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Near Disneyland
    Posts
    944
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts

    Re: Username Change Auction

    Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    um... seeing as to hw this thread isn't really invoking too much attention... i don't think it would be appropriate to hold this aucton. instead why don't we open up a fund... something like an ebay thing... we all could submit stuff up for auction in exchange for AO credits and in urn use those credits to buy stuff... and occasionally, the admins could put up AO elated stuff up for sale... that would be cool now wouldn't it?

    what do you think? i do believe it is a bit complicated to do since i don't know how to really go about with it... but then again... my internet communicaion skills are not that good as of now yet... i don't even have an ebay account... haha...

    but i do hope you wold consider it... it would not only increase participation between members, but could potentially increase the number of people who would want to join AO, hence inceasing the range where Ao can reac out further enriching our interpersonal skills... and hopefully meet friends that we can see when we go places.
    Current bid at 2,900 credits and 13 bids... I think it is generating attention, remember that this is only an announcement and the real auction is in the fleamarket.

    About your suggestion: There is something in the works about that, i fact it was suggested by Tsu first... This is inly the beggining, be patient as we are working on different things for the credits....

  7. #15
    You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,293
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 38 Times in 36 Posts

    Re: Username Change Auction

    Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Question is, if I win can I change ketaro's name to Tom Cruise.
    lulz man, you want The Church of Scientology to track me down and picket my residence. Nah, i am fine with my current username thanks for the offer though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Ball View Post
    Changing your name to "anonymous" wouldn't be allowed. Changing your name to:
    • Site Owner
    • Guest
    • Veteran
    • Viz Media Rep
    And so on also wouldn't be allowed due to the confusion and misrepresentation it would cause.

    I hope you were joking when you asked this question.
    I was just curious DB. Thanks for clearing that out for me.

  8. #16
    Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Posts
    948
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts

    Re: Username Change Auction

    An auction to change your name on here? Interesting...

    While I think about it, I do have a question. I'm guessing all posts you've made will update to your new name? To have your posts up to the date of the change under one name only to stay the same after could get even more confusing than if they just all changed...

    Eh, while I think about it, I'd rather change the little title under my ranking pic. Not that I know how though. Maybe I should bid...

    The Madman previously known as Daniel219

    Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How do you change the color of username in posts?
    By Familyguyfan2 in forum Feedback and Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Feb 01, 2007, 10:01 AM
  2. how can i change my username?
    By [email protected] in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: May 02, 2005, 04:24 PM
  3. PS2 RPG Auction!
    By Kiroshi in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Mar 14, 2005, 10:03 AM
  4. username change
    By Miroku4444 in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Jan 19, 2005, 10:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts