Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bondocks anime or not

Banned Buffy_Fan may be famous one day Buffy_Fan may be famous one day Buffy_Fan's Avatar
    Thanks

Bondocks anime or not

i asked my friend if bondocks is anime and he said no because it not from japan so that makes it not anime so is it anime or not???

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bondocks anime or not

no, it is a catoon by an american cartoonist...I take that back the writer Aaron McGruder is a comic strip writer and the cartoon is based off of that.

Here is a link to some of his work:

http://www.ucomics.com/boondocks/

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

CBH's right.... I've been a huge fan of Boondocks ever since it came out in the comic strips..... and bought most of their comic books....

It can't be considered an anime, because the artist himself doesn't believe it is.
    ... besides, just because something's from Japan, doesn't make it an anime...
    Tell that to the Europeans, they're making animes in France last I heard.

^_^ But seriously, it's up to the artist what he calls it. We have no real right to say what it truly is... especially if it's scripted.

o_o I mean, c'mon... could you really consider the comics as a manga?! XD Haha! ...no.

Banned Buffy_Fan may be famous one day Buffy_Fan may be famous one day Buffy_Fan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    no, it is a catoon by an american cartoonist...I take that back the writer Aaron McGruder is a comic strip writer and the cartoon is based off of that.

Here is a link to some of his work:

http://www.ucomics.com/boondocks/
    thank you so are you a fan of the show i dont like they use the "n" word

HMQ
    Newbie HMQ may be famous one day HMQ may be famous one day HMQ's Avatar
    Thanks

I do consider it an anime, but that's because anime is French for "animation". And, it is animated.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy_Fan
    thank you so are you a fan of the show i dont like they use the "n" word
    Even though he is a racist, I find the show very funny. So yes I am a fan per say, the use of the "n" word isn't what you think, nigger is racist slang and nigga is supposedly just street slang. Nigga is what is used in the show at least what a friend of mine told me once. But who knows for sure since like I said the creator is quite racist.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

It's not just that, CBH... if you call someone of the same race as your's a racially offensive word, why would it matter?

It's like telling a racially offensive joke to the same race as your's. Why would it matter? To us, it's just a stereotypical thing that we admit is true or false.

When it comes to the so-called "n"-word...
    Well, actually... if you look at the history of the word, it just means "not white".

So, anyone that's not of caucasian decent is a nigger.

It was just used on blacks more than anyone else. (afterall, ever wondered why "nigger alley" is actually only filled with Chinese? )

... they used it in a horrible way... but so what? Hey, you can call me a tail-less monkey or Flip...... if you were my race, I wouldn't mind at all. *shrugs*

BUT if you weren't used to our culture, I'd probably be thinking you're making fun of me. o_o

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai
    It's not just that, CBH... if you call someone of the same race as your's a racially offensive word, why would it matter?

It's like telling a racially offensive joke to the same race as your's. Why would it matter? To us, it's just a stereotypical thing that we admit is true or false.

When it comes to the so-called "n"-word...
    Well, actually... if you look at the history of the word, it just means "not white".

So, anyone that's not of caucasian decent is a nigger.

It was just used on blacks more than anyone else. (afterall, ever wondered why "nigger alley" is actually only filled with Chinese? )

... they used it in a horrible way... but so what? Hey, you can call me a tail-less monkey or Flip...... if you were my race, I wouldn't mind at all. *shrugs*

BUT if you weren't used to our culture, I'd probably be thinking you're making fun of me. o_o

Hmmm...I don't agree with your definition of the word nigger so I looked it up:

The word "Negro" stems from the Latin word "Niger" for the color black. The word "Nigger" originates from the French nègre (with a similar meaning) or perhaps from Dutch and German neger, all derived from the Latin adjective niger, meaning black. In English, Negroor Neger became "negar" and finally "nigger." "Neger" (sometimes spelled "neggar") prevailed in northern New York under the Dutch and also in Philadelphia, in its Moravian and Pennsylvania Dutch communities. For example, the New York City African Burial Ground was originally known as "Begraaf Plaats van de Neger." It was initially also used by the British as a derogatory term towards Indians, after they colonized the subcontinent.

In the United States, the word Nigger was not originally considered derogatory, but merely denotative of black, as was in much of the world. In nineteenth century American literature, there are many uses of the word "Nigger" with no intended negative connotation (see below). The perception of the term "Nigger" as derogatory is no doubt related to the fact that the Negro race itself was widely regarded as inferior, lazy, stupid and criminally inclined by light skinned North Americans of the time. There is an observable pattern of words denoting the black people coming to be regarded as derogatory as there is with all ethnic groups, some well known ones are: Nigger, Darky, Coon, and colored, all at various times acceptable, are all considered politically offensive now in North America.
    Link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigger_(word)

Personally I think it is the context of the usage and not the usage of the word that makes it wrong or right....but we are straying off topic...back to the Boondocks!

To quote myself on another forum:

My brother and I simply love this show, it is a must watch every week. We even watch the re-runs just because it is just that darn funny! Seriously the only thing worth watching on adult swim in a very long time.
    In regards to my favorite eps:

Eps 4 (Granddad's Fight) - When they are defining a "nigga moment" and the two guys empty their clips all of 5 inches from each other and they don't hit each other. Then they get wasted by the cops (my brother is a cop so it was very funny for me!)

The 3 leading killers of niggas was freaking hilarious

Later when the first round of the fight is about to break out and Colonel Stinkmeaner uses the phase some thing to the effect "Smell that...that smells like vintage bitch to me" vintage bitch just kills me

The blind samurai references was quite funny as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast