View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • FF I

0 0%
  • FFII

0 0%
  • FFV

0 0%
  • FFVII

1 14.29%
  • FFVIII

3 42.86%
  • FFIX

1 14.29%
  • FFX

2 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Fans

Newbie DHS-Alberio may be famous one day DHS-Alberio may be famous one day DHS-Alberio's Avatar
    Thanks

Final Fantasy Fans

I wasn't sure wether to ask this in anime/manga or here, so i'll just post it here
    Dear Final Fantasy fans of the AO congregation; what is your favorite final fantasy and why? And also, have you seen FFVIIAC (Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children), if so did you like it?
    Mine is a close match between seven, eight and ten. I like seven because of the fact that one, it was the first Final Fantasy i played, two, ever time i play it, i am able to retrive something different from the character development. I like eight because it was the first Final Fantasy i beat, Squall just flat out rocks, Squall's slow change from "I could care less" to giving oxygen in space and finding time to just about die... and the fact that it was the first Final Fantasy i was able to clear all the sidequests on, except for the choco-world. I like ten because It was the first Final Fantasy with voice actors... and the fact that it went really well! every time i play either seven or eight i catch something new, which is strange.
    And yes i have seen AC and i liked it, i thought it was quite well done, and hope that if they plan to carry out this type of thing again, that they need to do it right. (just like this one)

Not necissarily such an odd topic considering the web site i posted it on, but feel free to critique anything i said
    Last edited by DHS-Alberio; Apr 23, 2006 at 06:40 PM.

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Final Fantasy Fans

The only Final Fantasies I've played is VII, VIII and IX, but I know the story of X as well (I've seen others play it and have read its complete main script). The first I've played is VIII, but I completed IX first. While the graphics of both are astounding, I feel that IX is more satisfying. VIII started with a good enough plot, but as the story progressed, it began to focus more only on the two main characters - Squall and Rinoa, and although I really love Laguna and his character, I didn't find the story of VIII as overwhelming and heart-wrenching as I found IX. VIII had some good characters, but its lack of variety didn't hold my attention for long. Besides, the storyline didn't give the other characters much attention, so they were merely pretty much disappointingly left in the background. However, I could say that Squall and Rinoa's love interest is the best romantic story I've ever seen in a game. There were tender unexpected yet realistic moments, and their story was very well developed, but on the whole, the plot did not carry up to it and left much to be desired. The plot was kind of incomplete, and that was what was most disappointing in the ending.

Final Fantasy IX gave more attention to its characters, and their personal stories and background, I should say, blended well with the overall plot. Although there was not a lot of romance between Zidane and Garnet, I don't think the romance was the center of the plot, but friendship is. It was impressive how the screenplay progressed - at one time a fellow team member stumbles down on his own problem and despair, the others would help him get up again, and every characters gets a chance to be part of the team and the story, even the main character, Zidane, felt hopeless at one point, but the others helped him still to stand up again. There were a lot of dramatic moments, some hilarious and some sad, and the music and fantastic graphics were a great addition to its overall charm. The ending was the best of all, an ultimate happy ending leaving me completely satisfied and with nothing to complain for.

X, in contrast to the happy lighthearted story of FFIX, is a much sadder story, and I found its storyline unique than all the others. It starts with the characters looking forward to an inevitable bad ending, but the story inteliigently manipulates it in the end. It captivates you from the beginning because the player would want to see what would actually happy in the end. There was also a romantic story between Tidus and Yuna, and even that was sad, because they knew there was not much hope. The story is well plotted and developed from the beginning, dramatic until the end. Sorry for saying so, but FFX-2 ruined it for me. I think FFX was fine on its own.

FFVII is the funnest game of them four. It also has the coolest characters in my opinion. There were some hilarious moments and the characters were interesting and equally distributed with their attributes and personalities, so the player never gets tired of them. It also displayed the lack of optimisn you would expect from a polluted, corrupted and dying world like FFX did. The Gold Saucer was a great touch to keeping the game alive and fun. I also commend highly the story of FFVII, and I have watched FFVII: AC. It was impressive to see the characters in fantastic CG, but I have complaints with Cid - he looked less old and less like the experienced veteran he was, which was disappointing, but all in all, it was a good watch, and the Turks, the villains I love, got to shine in it. Can't say the same nice things with the screenplay, though. Cloud became so much like Squall, he didn't use to be that serious, but I guess that's natural after the things he's gone through.

I guess each Final Fantasy has its own charm, and it's different for a lot of people. These are just my opinions...
    Last edited by eleonne; Apr 23, 2006 at 07:29 PM.

Otaku Hitokiri Battousai may be famous one day Hitokiri Battousai may be famous one day
    Thanks

of course that the last FFs cuz of better graphics , great looking graphics ! nice theme

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

I love final fantasy 8! its the best because of the story line
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Well we dont really allow favorite threads, but since its Final Fantasy. I'll let it live, but in the chat section.

Otaku Hitokiri Battousai may be famous one day Hitokiri Battousai may be famous one day
    Thanks

why does favorite threads arent allow?

Newbie treaze_kushrinada may be famous one day treaze_kushrinada may be famous one day treaze_kushrinada's Avatar
    Thanks

final fanatsy is crap its gameplay sucks the only thing going for it is the storyline which is stand brilliace
    Text size limit in sigs is 2 and image size limit in sigs is 500*115.
    -- Hassun

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

They are all good! I can't choose!!! I'm should say i'm leaning towards FFVIII, because that's the one I played last...but FFVII, FFIX....oh man! don't make me choose!!!

Oh and I LOVED FFVII Advent Children... seen it in english sub. can't wait for it's release in Aust. eeeepp!!!
    Last edited by _gwenibe_; Apr 24, 2006 at 01:56 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast