Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • japanese

17 100.00%
  • american

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: how come japanese are good at anime? its not fair

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: how come japanese are good at anime? its not fair

Quote Originally Posted by Aya-kun
    @kedar, mahiru?, soshi kitai.. minna

gomen. it wasn't to offend 'em. some manga i read and the authors themselves claims that they were lazy to make battlescenes in their anime to be much better.
    *sheep eats back words*
    what was wrong with me to start that stupid quote? *bangs head*
    without Japanese, there will never be a life for me!!! for us all! XD

^u^ Ahahaha, don't get too worked up on it. It's okay.

Besides, without Japanese, I'd still have life...
    ...drawing comics... >_> ..... badly drawn comics... and playing video games all day long.

( ._. Yeah, oddly enough anime was a huge hit in my life that actually got me somewhere because I got interested into drawing them and making stories....... I suppose that's why I'm on this site)

^-^ Don't swallow your words, Ms. Sheep... you might choke, afterall, you said a lot. XD

>_> Next time... just don't sound "one-sided"... ^_^ Look at it from every perspective!

Newbie G_Kaiser may be famous one day G_Kaiser may be famous one day G_Kaiser's Avatar
    Thanks

Want a little trivia, to tell you guys the truth most famous japanese anime's are not really created by japanese, the story and some cool effects, yes! but the pencilers( the one who draw it) are really hired persons from some other asian country's.

Otaku mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl's Avatar
    Thanks

the japanese are hard working and so are the americans. but when it comes to anime...i think the japanese got that under control.
    I will fight until i find what i'm looking for...you can not judge me on my apperence I am a Warrior. If you have a problem with me..... then my blades will meet your neck.

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to give a hand to both kinds of animators first, because their job isn't easy with all those frames and drawing the lip movements so that they match with the voices... it's a hard job. (though I think alot more American cartoons do a better job with the lip synch while the Japanese are doing better with the frames, with a lot of detail to animate, but still finding a way to cut the amount of frames and time and still look natural)

What I like about Japanese animation that you don't see alot of in American, is an overall continuing story with an actual plotline - similar to RPG games.
    I don't think America lacks the 'culture' or anything; I've read amazing short stories and novels using culture and history as their basis/ background all the time. It's just that it's not a common idea to use to make a cartoon for some reason... Using stereotypes (girls obsessed with boys and shopping for example) is a working idea here in the U.S., so they probably think "if it's not broken, why fix it?"
    And also, like some have said, animation is still considered for kids over here, so if there's an interesting, weird, and/or intriguing plot to go by, I think American directors would make it a real life movie in a heartbeat before even thinking animation (i.e. the Da Vinci Code). And even with the thought of animation is for children, big time American studios seem to think 2D animation is out, so it's either 3D or aplain real movie is the way to go. I mean, look at Howl's Moving Castle. If Disney had thought to pick that plot up, I bet they'd choose to do it live.

Now with manga, (comparing to some American webcomics), it's just like anime to me when I say the stories aren't just 'simple, bland plots'. I also think alot more research is done as well as a bit more detail.
    And this may just be me, but I think there's a slight difference in Manga-style versus Anime, and alot of webcomics I see tend to lean towards the Anime-style, if that makes any sense at all ~__~;;

With real comic books, I've only read a few, but from what I've read they do seem as detailed as manga, but don't seem to cater to all the comic-book-reading groups out there.

But ya...that's my go-yen ^.^ Overall I do prefer Japanese animation, but I do admit there are some good American cartoons as well (I definitely agree with you on Samurai Jack, rockroc ^^)

Quote Originally Posted by G_Kaiser
    Want a little trivia, to tell you guys the truth most famous japanese anime's are not really created by japanese, the story and some cool effects, yes! but the pencilers( the one who draw it) are really hired persons from some other asian country's.
    You could say the same about American animators, or any for the matter. Top animators are called "Key animators" and they tend to just draw the beginning and end frames while lower, regular animators have to fill in the middle (ya, a hierarchy in animation ^.^0). Miyazaki is a famous example of a Key Animator who doesn't follow the trend though =D
    Last edited by Lil_G135; Jun 06, 2006 at 11:35 AM.
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by G_Kaiser
    Korea. Period.

Most animators are from Korea.
    Even most American animators are from Korea.

I'd say something really funny, but most Korean-lovers would find it extremely offensive. ^_^

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

@soshi kitai

well.. i wanted to emphasize more on how greta the Japanese are.. but i didnt want to be long winded. anyway, rest the case. *in procees of swallowing previous quotes* i dont mind choking.. or even die for the matter. *how could i have said something bad about the japanese?!*
    *bangs head repeatly* (=+.+=)
    [CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

Newbie velociraptor1234itsme may be famous one day velociraptor1234itsme may be famous one day velociraptor1234itsme's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aya-kun
    @soshi kitai

well.. i wanted to emphasize more on how greta the Japanese are.. but i didnt want to be long winded. anyway, rest the case. *in procees of swallowing previous quotes* i dont mind choking.. or even die for the matter. *how could i have said something bad about the japanese?!*
    *bangs head repeatly* (=+.+=)
    yeah well iagree wit her seeing as i started this thread

Newbie Chanzor may be famous one day Chanzor may be famous one day Chanzor's Avatar
    Thanks

Lets just say that Japanese anime and manga are 1000 times better than american.
    Channy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3