Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to do handstands!

Otaku AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound's Avatar
    Thanks

How to do handstands!

I believe one has to be unfathomably bored to actually take the time to make such a topic.

Anyway, the purpose of this topic is obviously to teach people how to do handstands!

Okay, let's begin first with the things you'll need.

Things you'll need:
    1. Some space. Anyone that's done handstands before can probably pull one off with a very little amount of space. But, I prefer do to them in an area about eight feet by eight feet because I'm a pussy and am always afraid of falling over and crashing into things!

Preferably the ground in your space is level and smooth. And for beginners, you might want to make sure the space is in a field or something similar so you don't hurt yourself WHEN you fall down.

2. You'll need to empty your pockets.

3. You don't need to, but may want to tuck in your shirt, especially if you're a girl.

Okay, now, How to execute a handstand.

Step 1) Stand straight, looking forward, with your arms by your side.

Step 2) Take a step forward with whichever foot feels most comfortable, and at about the same time, bring both your arms straight up by your ears.

Step 3) Bend the leg you stepped forward on VERY SLIGHTLY and swing your arms and upper body down toward the ground. Your hand should hit the ground fairly lightly, and ideally, they should be about shoulder width apart, with fingers spread and facing almost directly forward.

At almost the same time, swing your free leg up into the air.

Step 4) Now most of your body weight should but held by your arms and hands, so sort of jump the remaining leg into the air. Make sure you straighten your back just as you last leg goes airborn.

Step 5) Both legs should be together in the air, and you are now doing a handstand! But, it's not over. Now you must maintain your balance, and I find that the easiest way to do that is do bend your knees slightly, and take very small steps with your hands to keep balance.

Step 6) obviously, when your satisfied with your friends' reactions, all you have to do is fall down onto your feet, the way you came up.

Congrats! You've done a handstand successfully! Next step is the walking handstand!

Tips and tricks:
    1. If you're a beginner, chances are, you're not going to swing your legs into the air with enough force do get upright. This is usually for fear of falling over onto your back. This is easy to resolve. All you do is do your handstand somewhere where you won't get hurt if you fall. Remember tuck your head back, and just roll out if you think you're going to fall on your back!

2. Do some hamstring stretches. They'll make it easier and more comfortable to bend down and PLACE your hands on the ground, rather thanjumping onto them.

3. Have some arm strength prior to your trying handstands. This will make it much easier to support your own weight while in the air!

4. Work your fore arms! If you have incredible forearms, you can adjust your balance by pushing against the ground with your palms, the sides of your hands, or your fingers!

If anyone cares enough, then I'll tell you hand to do a walking handstand in one of my next posts!

Also, if you have any tips on how to do handstands, or if you do them a different way, please tell!!

Keep eating so many dogs and you're bound to be Communist

Newbie Hato may be famous one day Hato may be famous one day Hato's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How to do handstands!

lol, I've never knew it was so complicated to do a hand stand.
    umm....
    ::Sits on the floor and scratches head::
    So that's what I've been doing the whole time before doing my hand stands?

Otaku AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound's Avatar
    Thanks

It takes ALOT of practice.

After a while, though, all the steps blend together and become very smooth and natural.

Newbie Hato may be famous one day Hato may be famous one day Hato's Avatar
    Thanks

I can walk while doing my handstands.
    It takes strength and balance.

Otaku The Fighter may be famous one day The Fighter may be famous one day The Fighter's Avatar
    Thanks

Alright..I have never told any one the secret behind the "handstand"... But I will reveal it to AO..

The Key... Is the Following:

1. You have to look goood.. Its just a rule.

2.You place your hands on the ground and repeat the following. "I am a Savage"

3. Then throw your weight on your hands and push yourself off the ground.

Then you win....
    what a weird thread...

Thanks

I know, isn't it?

Anyway, yeah. Arm strength = GOOD.

I'm pretty okay at handstands. I can't do them for very very long currently because my left arm is really weak and always starts to give out after 15-20 seconds.

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

In a recent news report, many ao members have dissapeared after saying they will brb bc theyre going to practice a handstand..............jklol

But to say something useful, arm and shoulder strength will be very useful

Newbie shadowskin may be famous one day shadowskin may be famous one day shadowskin's Avatar
    Thanks

I CAN DO A HANDSTAND!!!up against the....... wall (shame)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast