Thread: "Math question"

Newbie ordinateur may be famous one day ordinateur may be famous one day ordinateur's Avatar
    Thanks

"Math question"

2 cars travel 200km. If one of them goes at a speed of 100km and the other one at the speed of 40km, will they have consume the same amount of gas or not?
    Born to live, living to die..

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: "Math question"

depends if they're the same car...

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

The first car travelling at 100 km will encounter more wind resistance as he is moving at a higher speed, which in turn means his car has to use more gas to power the engine so that it can hold the same speed against the wind.

So the first car will consume more gas.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chubz
    The first car travelling at 100 km will encounter more wind resistance as he is moving at a higher speed, which in turn means his car has to use more gas to power the engine so that it can hold the same speed against the wind.

So the first car will consume more gas.

On the other hand depending what gear you use will also affect to result.
    Amount of fuel used will depend how much car needs gas.
    I would say that if that 200km is straight road car 1 (100km/h) will need less gas.

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

When you go faster, your gas intake is larger than if you go slower. That's why in driver's ed they tell you to save gas, give less gas.
    So the car that was going fater took more gas regardless if the distance was the same.

That's not math by the way.

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Banned Vincent_the_Victorious may be famous one day Vincent_the_Victorious may be famous one day Vincent_the_Victorious's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nympho
    When you go faster, your gas intake is larger than if you go slower. That's why in driver's ed they tell you to save gas, give less gas.
    So the car that was going fater took more gas regardless if the distance was the same.

That's not math by the way.
    I agree... It's not math, it's common sense. No need to get technical.

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

well, anyway...difference between these two situations has really small marginal.
    Max. 2L or so, Cos' modern car takes about 7-8L/100km when driving at 100km/h
    with highest gear(not so much throttle).
    And when you driving at 40km/h gear you use is 3 or 4 max, so yes you'll use less
    throttle but think it like this: even with little acceleration with high gear and slow
    speed you have to give alot gas to get car moving faster. Lot of gas+high gear+slow speed= enormous usage of gas.
    And when "eco-driving", those who take part of races allways try to maintain
    max speed/top gear cos' it is more economical than low speed/high gear, cos'
    at low speed you need to use sick amount of torgue if you have to add the speed even a bit.
    And that'll increase amount of gas used, also low speed/small gear combination sucks, cos' you'll have to keep high rpm, and that uses gas alot too.

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...