Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: In memory of the now closed "25,000 Thread" thread...

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: In memory of the now closed "25,000 Thread" thread...

>_> ... er... hmmm... I could possibly ask for help from... er.... *closes mouth*

^_^;; eheheh... never mind. nevermind... we'll just hope that if the AO staff wishes for it to come back, that they'd be able to get it back.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

i know for sure i want to reopen it but its too risky for the board T_T
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess everyone wants to kill the site? reason I requested it to be closed Big threads GLITCH the board and there is a big GLITCH called the database. That messes up you can say bye bye to AO all together because we will have to start over. ~_~

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Katsuhito
    I guess everyone wants to kill the site? reason I requested it to be closed Big threads GLITCH the board and there is a big GLITCH called the database. That messes up you can say bye bye to AO all together because we will have to start over. ~_~
    Just a question, Lord Katsu. Is it possible to completely remove all of the posts in that thread off the boards, and start one similar to that again? Then, will the problem still continue to persist?

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    Just a question, Lord Katsu. Is it possible to completely remove all of the posts in that thread off the boards, and start one similar to that again? Then, will the problem still continue to persist?
    the whole reasn for this spam forum is to race the over all post count of the board. We delete anything it will go down.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Katsuhito
    the whole reasn for this spam forum is to race the over all post count of the board. We delete anything it will go down.
    Oh, I see. So, deleting that thread completely off the boards will do no good then. Anyway! Thank you for answering my question, Lord Katsu. ^_^ I know that you will do what is necessary to keep AO in top condition.

Banned Blou may be famous one day Blou may be famous one day Blou's Avatar
    Thanks

AH!!!!!!!!! wtf?!?!? when did the thread close??????? >.< *anime fall*

Thanks

Look at it this way. The database is the heart of the board. Now posts are food . you feed the board so much of one thing it will kill the heart of the board. If you notice when you click on the last action on the main forum or in the subforum of the Cyber Lounge it takes you a few pages before the last reply. THIS IS A BAD THING means the thread is holding to much info. a thread can only hold so much. the thread can be split in half and still work but it would still have a major effect on the board at a high postcount. Even at 15,000 posts it was doing that. 10,000 it might stand but I would say 5,000 maximum per thread.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast