Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Opinion: Was I in the wrong?

Newbie icewolf may be famous one day icewolf may be famous one day icewolf's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Opinion: Was I in the wrong?

Today I posted in a thread in the debate and discuss forum called"Does age matter?" or something like that. The poster told the story of her 15 year old friend who ran away with a 20 year old man. So I debated and discussed the topic. The poster who had her friend at her house had her friend talk and because of her friend getting mad and swearing the topic was closed. So I recieve a pm from another user first calling me and the other users who debated an idiot, then calling us immature idiots, then flat out telling me to leave the site(of course using harsh language through this process).

I ask you, was I in the wrong? All i did was reply to a topic. Neither I nor the other users who posted in the topic should be getting yelled at by this individual. He should be yelling at the thread poster who started it without her friends permission. I never used any harsh language during the debate, and I clearly stated several times that what I was posting were just my opninons and thoughts and they can be taken any way.

So I ask, was I wrong? Should I have not even posted in a questionable topic such as that one?

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    ('')_('')
    This is Bunny. I eat bunnies. I apologize to jaderabbit i dont eat bunnies nomore.

Newbie Shuichi-fan may be famous one day Shuichi-fan may be famous one day Shuichi-fan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Opinion: Was I in the wrong?

For some reason, I don't think you were wrong.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

there's no such thing as a wrong opinion. But you have to keep in mind, that you're dealing with these people face to face and it's a sensitive issue because it's real. You treated it like, or typed it in a way to make people think you were saying like, "oh, another dumbass. Way to screw yourself over, have fun with that!" Was that your intention? I don't think so at heart, but that's how it came out. It's called being sensitive. I thought what happened was dumb too, but I went about citing my opinion respectfully so's not to totally tick everyone off. No one likes a prick.

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

uuhhmmmm let me think... NO.... its ur opinion man.... I posted in that thread too... I dont really know what the other dude saw that is wrong in offering ur opinion and/or maybe giving some advise...
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

Newbie icewolf may be famous one day icewolf may be famous one day icewolf's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    there's no such thing as a wrong opinion. But you have to keep in mind, that you're dealing with these people face to face and it's a sensitive issue because it's real. You treated it like, or typed it in a way to make people think you were saying like, "oh, another dumbass. Way to screw yourself over, have fun with that!" Was that your intention? I don't think so at heart, but that's how it came out. It's called being sensitive. I thought what happened was dumb too, but I went about citing my opinion respectfully so's not to totally tick everyone off. No one likes a prick.
    I like your opinion. I got mad because her friend seemed so naive to what she had done. I calmed down, then her friend came on and started using verbal abuse to everyone that didnt agree with what she had done. Ill send a pm of apology, but i wont apoligize to the gentleman who sent me the lovely pm

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    ('')_('')
    This is Bunny. I eat bunnies. I apologize to jaderabbit i dont eat bunnies nomore.

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

No, your not wrong at all. The person pming you that was mad at you and yelling at you should probably be banned. After all, it was just an opinion, right?

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think you were in the wrong to give your opinion. It's inevitable that someone else isn't going to like your opinion or that you're going to run into one you don't like yourself, it just happens and when you see an opinion you don't like you just have to take it like a man. So in other words the person who as you say bombarded you with insults was in the wrong for acting imaturealy(sp?). And as Dark said there is no wrong opinion.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; Jul 12, 2006 at 07:51 PM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

2 be frank i don't think it was ur fault for giving ur opinion on that matter. if the person didn't want to know ur opinion then they should of made that thread. i can't remember if i posted in that thread or not. but i also think there should also be some level of discretness as u are dealing with a personal issue here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast