Thread: Pearl harbor

im a ninja-u cant c me bloodhawk may be famous one day bloodhawk may be famous one day bloodhawk's Avatar
    Thanks

Pearl harbor

The other day in SS we were talking about WW2 and ask the same Q. So i ask u, in pearl harbor when the Japanese pilots ran out of amo they would dive bomb the ships with there plane.

my Q is y do u think they killed themselves for it?

My answer is that i think they did it out of honor like the was of the samurai. if the descrased there swards the would kill themselves. i told her that and she said that is a stupid reason.: mad:

I can wait to know what u think

IM BACK

Otaku mechataku may be famous one day mechataku may be famous one day mechataku's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Perl harbor

they were Kamikaze(divine wind) they did it because they thought it was honorable (self-sacrifice, one of the bushido things i believe.)
    Last edited by mechataku; Apr 12, 2006 at 01:46 PM.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mechataku
    they were Kamikaze(divine wind) they did it because they thought it was honorable (self-sacrifice, one the the bushido things i believe.)
    ...sacrificing your life for your country...that is honorable and also a foolish thing to do...
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

ao's comrade swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3's Avatar
    Thanks

It was believed that you would be dishonoured if you did not kill as many of the enemy as you could thats why when the pilots ran out of ammo or were crashing they would aim for the enemy and crash into them thus killing all that you could. but as general. s. patton said "the object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his" lol i like his thinking
    92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

Newbie Aeneas Galis may be famous one day Aeneas Galis may be famous one day Aeneas Galis's Avatar
    Thanks

well they were as mechataku said kamikaze and their purpose was to kill as many enemies as possible, plus they only had enough fuel for the attack so they couldnt return and each of them was made aware of that before they signed up for the mission. so yeah the purpose was honor and to obtain this honor it meant doing what ever was necessary to kill the enemy even dive bombing a ship.
    "you heard it too.... the voice of the wind" (sdk)