View Poll Results: Should this site have spam?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

10 47.62%
  • no

11 52.38%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Spam?

Death is the beginning Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Spam?

Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit
    i think its needed so that our members can get to know each other for awhile...

Ive done said once this isn't going to last long... only a month or so... so u shouldn't take it for granted and learn something about the people u are posting with.
    so what your saying jade is that you will delete all this spam after a month of it being on this site?
    Last edited by Lighting Count; Mar 28, 2006 at 07:12 AM.

Code Name Wind

Devoted Otaku hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont think thats a good idea. i really dont......

Tanks zyta

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spdude
    The poll is evenly devided.

Like someone said earlier, some of the members here just don't have anything intelligent to post. Having a dedicated forum for people like this makes moderating the rest of the site easier. So for now it seems like this chat forum will be staying. I haven't seen any real harm from it.
    O_o Whoah! The admin agreed with me! Awesome!

^.^ Score one for me~!!!

O_O Closing it within a month? Well, I know I've replied to that before, however, let me just say this:

Once it closes, several members will disappear, not only that, but our forums will be FLOODED with those who love to spam!

O_O Do you know how many of us actually READ the rules? How many of us actually READ the post before the post we made?!

I could vouch for everyone that it's less than 30% of us!

<_< ........ even though I read the rules and the post before mine... and before than one...... and before that one..... and before that one... and etc...

Death is the beginning Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai
    O_o Whoah! The admin agreed with me! Awesome!

^.^ Score one for me~!!!

O_O Closing it within a month? Well, I know I've replied to that before, however, let me just say this:

Once it closes, several members will disappear, not only that, but our forums will be FLOODED with those who love to spam!

O_O Do you know how many of us actually READ the rules? How many of us actually READ the post before the post we made?!

I could vouch for everyone that it's less than 30% of us!

<_< ........ even though I read the rules and the post before mine... and before than one...... and before that one..... and before that one... and etc...
    speaking of reading things who really reads all of one of thoes long spam threads?Spam threads are worthless i would say.And I think AO would be just how it was befor with no spam, i thought it did good befor didn't you?

Code Name Wind

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

<_< It was good. Of course it was.

A forum is always good no amtter what it has, as long as it has people to post in it!

o_o AO CAN live without a spam forum.

But it's just a tiny section in this forum that we could easily forget.

<_< It's definitely giving all the moderators a great vacation from modding something EVERYDAY... ^_^;;

>_> We could easily solve the "it's getting on my nerves" by merely getting rid of the top box that has all the newest posts... afterall, that's what we all seem to look at first.

if that was gone, it would bother many of us, but at least we would know that the spams are winning over the forum. ^_^;;

<_< ..... well, it's good for them in some ways and bad for others in other ways.
    I have no real problem with it. *shrugs* I'll defend the spam forums as long as people don't have anything GOOD to mention in defending it. And I'll defend NOT having spam forums as long as someone doesn't have anything REASONABLE to mention in defending it.

._. Seeing that you're doing a pretty good job in defending why we don't need it, I just do the other half... ^_^; for the sake of argument.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai
    <_< It was good. Of course it was.

A forum is always good no amtter what it has, as long as it has people to post in it!

o_o AO CAN live without a spam forum.

But it's just a tiny section in this forum that we could easily forget.

<_< It's definitely giving all the moderators a great vacation from modding something EVERYDAY... ^_^;;

>_> We could easily solve the "it's getting on my nerves" by merely getting rid of the top box that has all the newest posts... afterall, that's what we all seem to look at first.

if that was gone, it would bother many of us, but at least we would know that the spams are winning over the forum. ^_^;;

<_< ..... well, it's good for them in some ways and bad for others in other ways.
    I have no real problem with it. *shrugs* I'll defend the spam forums as long as people don't have anything GOOD to mention in defending it. And I'll defend NOT having spam forums as long as someone doesn't have anything REASONABLE to mention in defending it.

._. Seeing that you're doing a pretty good job in defending why we don't need it, I just do the other half... ^_^; for the sake of argument.
    Soshi at this point i think you just like having arguments with me? and you say spam is just a tiny section, but it seems that since spam has been here theres been more post in that section then all the sections combined,that doesn't seem tiny to me.And as for mods go now that you can just post anything you want in the spam forum why do we even need them?So far all i can think of jade is the only one thats even closed any spam topic and theres only been like a few closed(way to go jade close them all).When i frist came to AO any thread or post that had spam in it was deleted like a virus, thats why i liked AO.

and by the way the poll is back to 50%-50%

Code Name Wind

Devoted Otaku hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lighting Count
    Soshi at this point i think you just like having arguments with me? and you say spam is just a tiny section, but it seems that since spam has been here theres been more post in that section then all the sections combined,that doesn't seem tiny to me.And as for mods go now that you can just post anything you want in the spam forum why do we even need them?So far all i can think of jade is the only one thats even closed any spam topic and theres only been like a few closed(way to go jade close them all).When i frist came to AO any thread or post that had spam in it was deleted like a virus, thats why i liked AO.

and by the way the poll is back to 50%-50%
    spam is good really good

Tanks zyta

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hiei9957
    spam is good really good
    well it seems like half the people on this site don't think so

Code Name Wind

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast