View Poll Results: Should this site have spam?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

10 47.62%
  • no

11 52.38%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Spam?

Death is the beginning Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Spam?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Katsuhito
    I don't like spam but being an admin of this site and being told by the guy that owns the site to put up this spam forum I had no choice :P
    yeah thats what i was thinking that its was spdude call, i just hope that him everyone on here sees that it was a better place without spam.

Code Name Wind

Newbie Hao Asakura may be famous one day Hao Asakura may be famous one day Hao Asakura's Avatar
    Thanks

spam is okay i guess

I am the all powerful Hao, bow before my might

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lighting Count
    hey i agreed with you.... once, so are you saying you find it annoying when people agree with you?I probly got 200 post by debating/argueing/descusioning
    threads with you i find that to be a good thing.
    Not so much that I find it annoying that they do... but... you know, on debate topics... aren't we supposed to debate? Not just agree and concur?
    >_> Eventually, the debates stop because no one's got any new ideas to argue with...

<_< A spam thread is a spam thread. It happens when it happens.

I suppose seperating AO into two different forums would definitely cause ratings to go down... as some people prefer to go to the spam AND the debates... afterall, no one really wants to keep switching between 2 windows on their screen.

o_o But thinking about a seperate spam forum makes me think the color "pink"... >_> Like that one forum.... so long ago....... I wonder if that one is still alive.

o-o A little off-topic: I think the color of this place is rather welcoming... it's bright enough... usually dark-colored forums are less inviting, but this is a medium-toned that has a brightness to it.

Spam forums wouldn't seem like something in here...

But it is...

<_< The color of the forum scream "Debate" more than ever... however, a strictly "perfect" debate/discuss forum causes many to feel unwelcome.

o_o Most think it's okay if certain people aren't welcome, but eventually people learn to become part of the topics once they know they're welcome.

O_O Take me for example... in the first forum I ever went to... I avoided any discussion topics, fearing that I'd just say something stupid. But after messing around with other members in the spam topics, I felt like I had enough confidence to at least say something on a debate topic.

o_O And lo and behold, people said I was good at it.

^_^;; So I enjoy discussion/debate topics nowadays because of that.

o_o But I suppose I'm just a rare case.

Newbie spdude may be famous one day spdude may be famous one day spdude's Avatar
    Thanks

The idea for this subforum was born actually when people suggested to me to have a shoutbox.

The quality of what we would have had in the shoutbox entries would have been no better than the shit we see in this chat forum. So think of this chat forum as a sort of shoutbox. I mean it's supposed to serve the purpose of the shoutbox.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

<_< But a shoutbox would be less attractive to those who wish to spam.

So that would obviously end up as only attracting a few people, as well as aggravating a few others when others wish to butt-into a conversation that's already happening in a shout box.

... this forum is a lot more effective... in my opinion at least.

Newbie spdude may be famous one day spdude may be famous one day spdude's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai
    <_< But a shoutbox would be less attractive to those who wish to spam.

So that would obviously end up as only attracting a few people, as well as aggravating a few others when others wish to butt-into a conversation that's already happening in a shout box.

... this forum is a lot more effective... in my opinion at least.
    By effective, you mean this forum is better than the shoutbox.. i.e. has an overall more positive effect on the forums.. or do you mean, it detracts from the more important debates, and hence is worse for the forum as a whole?

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spdude
    By effective, you mean this forum is better than the shoutbox.. i.e. has an overall more positive effect on the forums.. or do you mean, it detracts from the more important debates, and hence is worse for the forum as a whole?
    yes well lately, the cyber lounge has been gettn quite inactive from time to time, and its has no new or interesting threads to talkabout., itsa always the 5,000 postt thread or whatnot gettn the attension., however if it does keep people regular then i guess it works.,

Although it does vut a whole deal of spam and dead posts that go no-where, i just wished people be more, (what the word?.) interesting?, i don't know what to call it., but wishing on people is pointless.., i despise spam forums but if it does a decent job of keeping the people from posting crap in a place where some people would love to actually have a discussion then i guess i can live with it.

just a note, my post counts' has only go up 5 since the spam forum started..*shruggs*., i dont expect you think i bring any threads worth discussion about so dont hassel me...plz ^_^

Death is the beginning Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spdude
    yes spam does slow people down from having debates, and i don't belive it does anything but make this site look childish in meny ways.But if thats what this site really wants, i know there are alot of members that don't like spam and thought this site was a better place befor it.

and the poll is at 50%-50%

Code Name Wind

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast