• longsword

1 6.67%
  • claymore

0 0%
  • staff type

3 20.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: weapons preferance

Otaku viper11025 may be famous one day viper11025 may be famous one day viper11025's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: weapons preferance

Why didn't you add duel ninja swords?
    Huh!?
    I like them best.
    Anyways that's just me.

Otaku karinka may be famous one day karinka may be famous one day karinka's Avatar
    Thanks

I would go with a katana!!!!!!

Otaku Drkduality may be famous one day Drkduality may be famous one day Drkduality's Avatar
    Thanks

katana no question its got a nice reach but not so long u have to hold it with both hands plus it got a good weight and balance behind (if made properly) to create a equllibrium of speed and power. The claymore/longsword (like many western stlyes) are bladed on both side with really only is good for back a forth slashing which only slow u down and leave u open plus it means a broader blade and thus unessary weight. Futhermore the claymore's long blade gives it excellent range and power but sacrifices a good deal of speed and is vulnerable at close range. Long sword are the most balanced of the western(european) styles but it's designed to be used with a shield and is a bit one sided it a shield isn't there to provide defence during it's recovery time. Staffs are nice but are blunt which cuts decreases how much damage they do and are ussually made of wood making defense very hard against any bladed wepon. Two daggers are fast with quick recovery speed but have very little balance and strength making them good at close range against heavy weponry like claymores but are at a disadvantage elsewise. If u modify a katana style to imploy the mobillity of western styles but mantain the defensive and power slashes of the eastern styles it makes a balanced yet easily flexable weapon stlye than can be used against fast and heavy wepons.

If you read this i appaud you for getting through my entire comment =)
    Last edited by Drkduality; May 22, 2006 at 06:27 PM.

Newbie Majin Fefnir 13 may be famous one day Majin Fefnir 13 may be famous one day Majin Fefnir 13's Avatar
    Thanks

A katana

Also learn use it so I won't break it I like I did to my friend's katana...

Tell my tale to those who ask.Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.The rest... Is silence.

Newbie G_khan may be famous one day G_khan may be famous one day G_khan's Avatar
    Thanks

Possibly a war axe, or hammer - They get the job done, and you dont need all that much training. Im of a larger build then most so i could handle, and if i did train (since we're all speaking hypothetically *cough*) i believe that eventually speed wouldnt be such a problem. Id leave the katanas and quarterstaffs to those who know how to use them. It doesn't take all that much knowhow to swing a hammer..
    spirits are aallllwwwaaayss wwiiiiiiitthhhh yyyoooouuuuuuuuuu bbbbbooooohahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hah......

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4