Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What are your feelings on cliques? ex. goths, preps, geeks, etc.

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What are your feelings on cliques? ex. goths, preps, geeks, etc.

I guess I'm indifferent to labels, but they did exist at my school. There was actually levels to some (Preps, Jocks), and then people who didn't belong to the more well known ones were thrown in the "Average group". It was possible to be a part of different groups, if you were hardcore enough. Not all groups were mentioned, you just 'knew'. Really you only heard 'prep', 'jock', 'skater', 'poser', 'asian', 'goth', 'black' and 'emo' but it was understood that were 'artsies', 'nerds', 'loners', 'anime/comic people', 'druggies', 'average' etc.

The labels were more to identify people who liked generally the same basic stuff - not paying in mind that a Prep could like to read manga, or a Goth might like skating though.

Besides the exceptions, you could tell obvious traits on a particular groups i.e. The lower preps were generally nice in class but probably wouldn't talk to you after that -- though they had friends outside of their group. Higher preps were supposively snobbier.

Myself, I guess I was considered in the 'average' group and alot of my friends were too. I wasn't 'cold' or 'hardcore' enough to hang around the 'artsies' and the anime half the 'anime/comic' group were so cliquey and fangirlish that it was hard to make friends. The girls in The Asians (though they were really all Korean) were also rather cliquey and didn't associate with people outside them alot. The guys were a bit nicer, and I was friends with some of them (Proud, though ^^; ). 'Black' just meant the more popular black guys and girls, and although they looked intimidating, they were all pretty nice. I knew people from there as well.

But basically, I am indifferent to labels. I just don't take them seriously enough - and I was lucky to go to a school where the general thoughts on a labeled group werent serious enough to be really negative (even if the people in the groups weren't at all desireable for a friend).
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Newbie Fallowsword may be famous one day Fallowsword may be famous one day Fallowsword's Avatar
    Thanks

uhh excuse my ignorance but what is a 'poser' group??
    wow this sounds just like an American teen movie. or the O.C! or Veronica Mars! sveeet. interesting lol. Sounds fun but i don't think i could cope with the dimensions of the schoolyard ahaha. im mostly friendly with everyone, if they don't like me it's their problem. I guess the cliques are actually schools, not groups of people. If a person from an elite school started dating a person from a state school, there might be rumours of drugs and lots of sti sex ect.. ect... just to stir the pot u'know?
    The Dark ages were caused by the lack of chocolate Bon Bon goodness YA'hUh

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Posers are wannabes.

Like Lil, I'm pretty indifferent towards groups/cliques. I don't know if I've got a label on me, but if I did it'd probably read "neither here nor there". I'm not a jock, I'm not preppy, I'm not a nerd, I'm not a greaser, I'm not a wannabe, I'm not a goth. Geez, I don't know where I belong.

But for some reason, I've always been popular - as in, I've always known a lot of people, and a lot of people have always known me (that doesn't mean I'm always surrounded by lots of people, though! ). And to think that I once considered myself anti-social...

Newbie Casben may be famous one day Casben may be famous one day Casben's Avatar
    Thanks

Cliques can distinguishe us and give us people we can hang out with who share common interests and such! In that way they are good cause you can identify who you would fit in with! However they also separate us from other cliques and so there are people whom we might be freinds with, but will probably not be cause there in a different group!
    I do have a label, but only with people who don't know me! I've been calles a stoner, a rocker, an emo, a geek, a dork. . . the list goes on! The truth is that the people who do know me know I don't really have a group and so don't label me! Only people who don't know me do!
    Last edited by Casben; Jul 17, 2006 at 04:08 AM.

Newbie susan_thegothgirl may be famous one day susan_thegothgirl may be famous one day susan_thegothgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

me, im considered a goth but i hang out with the preps and the geeks and i basically hang out with everyone. i dont like people to be looked down on. most people at my school are friends with me and i have few enemies except for the people who make fun of my friends.

Newbie Moon Doggy may be famous one day Moon Doggy may be famous one day Moon Doggy's Avatar
    I Live In the Last Place You Would Expect
    Thanks

frankly i think lables are good...in a way. i mean if you want to be goth (me) then who do you go to??? i mean, threre are some people who want to be what ever...but not many...i am so confused...
    Moving on Is the hardest Part

Otaku Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage's Avatar
    Thanks

i think that cliques are there to help ppl relate to a certain "type" of ppl so in that sense i see them as a good thing.

Click here to be Myspace groupies......lol
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is the Bunny Lord. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Newbie susan_thegothgirl may be famous one day susan_thegothgirl may be famous one day susan_thegothgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Doggy
    frankly i think lables are good...in a way. i mean if you want to be goth (me) then who do you go to??? i mean, threre are some people who want to be what ever...but not many...i am so confused...
    wat do u mean by who do u go to? i mean i get ur point about the people who want to be watever but wat do mean by the other?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast