View Poll Results: (Be honest) I usually...

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • read the first post to understand it.

10 90.91%
  • read the first post just to have seen it.

0 0%
  • infer what the thread is about from the title.

1 9.09%

Thread: You get it?

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

You get it?

Be honest now. How many of you actually read the first post of a thread for comprehension before posting? Do you read it to know it, or read it to understand it?

How many of you know that reading to understand a thread before posting in it is one of the base rules of Netiquette?
    "True kindness isn't something we're born with; it's something we have to work at. We have to mold it and shape it with ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential. Sometimes you just have to look really close before you can tell it's there." -- Kyoko Honda Fruits Basket
    ~ ~

Newbie Archy may be famous one day Archy may be famous one day Archy's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: You get it?

i usually read the 1st post to see what the topic is about and see what to reply in that topic
    I never know just why you run so far away...far away from me

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Whenever I post on a thread like on this one here ^^, I read the question asked by the thread-starter or maker, try to make sense of what he/she is asking, then I cast my reply on to his/her thread. ^^ Also, I never try to read the responses of others because by reading so, that what I read can influence my take on the question, so I try not to read anyone's replies.

As to your final question, I had no idea that doing what I do is one of the base rules of Netiquette. ^_^

Otaku Moonlight_Huang hou may be famous one day Moonlight_Huang hou may be famous one day Moonlight_Huang hou's Avatar
    Thanks

I do! I always do so i understand what the topic is better...or I get an idea on what i should say/write.

Newbie Muslim Vegeta Fob12/21/94 may be famous one day Muslim Vegeta Fob12/21/94 may be famous one day Muslim Vegeta Fob12/21/94's Avatar
    Thanks

I always read, to understand it. But to be honest, if its an long post, i just look at other posts to see whats gonning on in the topic.