+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beyond the Distance......

Otaku rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Beyond the Distance......

well... I am writing a story... I'm working on it and it may sound bad but thanx for taking your time to read this.....
    -clare

The snow fell. It was the first snowfall of that winter. The flakes danced and glided until they hit a surface and eventually soaked the earth. Though it looked harmless, one would know that it could grab you, as if it were a great beast trying to pounce at its prey and crush you, leaving nothing but a solid shell.
    I looked out to the snow, thinking of my deceased mother and father and how, during every first snowfall, we always prayed, danced, and did the traditional rituals to give praise to the Kitsune, the white fox. We always asked for its protection, so that we would survive the winter with the food we had and that we would be given the graces of having a good harvest for the coming year. That was so long ago. All of it happened before my father went to go train with the Shogunate.
    I was about eleven or twelve years old when my father left. That was the last time I had seen him, but I remember everything about him: his skinny but muscular figure, his round face that always smiled at you, and the smell of pine that never seemed to lift.
    “Takashe!” The voice brought me back to reality. “Takashe-san! Lord Fudishi wants to see you.” A young girl appeared five feet from where I was standing. She wore a brown-green kimono that clung to her thin body. Her hair was tied back in a bun. Her face was pale and her eyes looked exhausted from lack of sleep. Her name is Kaitsu. She is a servant of Lord Fudishi.
    “I will go to him. When does he expect me?”
    “At dinner.” She bowed her head and I did the same.
    I served under Lord Fudishi but I was not a servant. I was merely a woman with no other destiny but to be ruled by man. Even if this were the case, Lord Fudishi treated me higher than I was. Many times he talked with me in conversation. We talked of many things. He seemed to be alone and had told me about some ideas he had that would never become reality. I was afraid of him. His power seemed to overwhelm me. Above all I could see that he had a desire to touch me but kept himself from it. It was only a matter of time and that was what I was afraid of.
    I followed Kaitsu into the room from which Lord Fudishi was half sitting, half kneeling. Inside, the walls were painted with a never ending river that seemed to be moving and there were cranes that were catching silver fish in their beaks. I stood there for a moment, admiring the artwork, for I had never been in this room before.
    I stepped onto the floor and immediately knelt. Kaitsu did the same.
    “Sit up,” The lord made a signal to Kaitsu to leave. I sat up and stole a glimpse of him but had my head faced down. He had a rough, stern face and a large muscular body. I could feel his eyes on me.
    “Lady Takashe. You have paid all of your father’s debts. However, you have nothing. You are to be married. I have made the arrangements for you.” The servants came into the room and placed trays of food, with tea, in front of us.
    “My lord, I have no desire for marriage. I wish to pay off your debts and live on my own.” I was afraid because he had complete authority over me and I didn’t want marriage. I wouldn’t even know the man whom I would be marrying unless if it was the Lord himself. I shivered at the idea of it.
    “Nevertheless, you are to be married. Tomorrow you are to leave to Kyoto. You shall get there in three days. Be grateful. Lord Hakatsu has a house of riches. You will never starve nor work for anything. Now, eat and rest up for your travels.” We ate in silence. I didn’t want to eat but did anyway. Women had no say to what was decided among the men. I had to obey him and live by what he said. I did it, so not to dishonor my father.
    Last edited by rksamurai; May 17, 2006 at 01:29 PM.
    Thank you Lasura!
    My lover speaks; and he says, 'Arise my beloved my beautiful one and come!' -Song of Songs 2:10

Otaku rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Beyond the Distance......

We, the servants and I, arrived at Fiji Castle which stood a couple miles out of Kyoto. I had felt sick through the whole trip. It was mostly from thinking of the marriage that was to take place and riding in the palanquin made it worse. Snow fell occasionally, making a bit more difficult to travel, but I enjoyed watching it fall and the children of the villages playing in it.
    The castle seemed even whiter than the snow. The site gave me a feeling of enchantment. It made me think of peace of the new era, Meiji.
    The guards greeted us at the main gate.
    “Lord Hakatsu is not well. I’m afraid no one is to see him today. Lady Takashe, Naome will serve you,” said one of the guards.
    I was lead inside the castle. A woman, who looked a bit older than I, bowed reverently and then led me to the room at which I was to rest in.
    “My lady, shall I prepare a bath for you?” asked Naome “The servants will soon be ready with some tea and food.”
    “That would be nice. Thank you.” I smiled at her.
    “My lady.” She had the most astonished look on her face. The reaction made me laugh a little. It was strange for a master to be kind to their servants but I never saw anyone any different from myself, for I was only a pawn in this huge dynasty. My marriage was nothing more than an alliance between the lords.
    After I bathed and ate, out of curiosity, I went to look around. The castle was large and every room had a unique theme that was full of wondrous colors. All the art was astounding. It was almost as if you were in a long peaceful dream; a dream of unreality.
    I approached a room that was unlike the others. I walked in and saw pink sakura trees everywhere that were in bloom. At first I thought it was just an art piece but as I approached it I noticed that they were real. This was strange. Sakuras don’t usually bloom this time of year. Moonlight came in from every direction and it seemed to be nourishing the flowers. I stood there looking at them in awe. It gave the idea that it was a place of magic and wonders.
    “My Lady, you seem to enjoy the inner gardens.” I turned around and saw a young man sitting on one of the branches. He gave me a kind and gentle smile. He had long dark hair that was tied back in a warrior stile. He wore a dark kimono. I couldn’t tell the man’s position. At first, I would have guessed that he was a monk but he had the warrior look to him.
    “I’m sorry…I…I was-,” I said realizing where I was.
    “Don’t apologize. I created this garden. Only few have the experience of seeing its beauty.” He still held his gentle smile.
    “It’s amazing! I’ve never seen anything like it! The sakuras… Oh! That’s my name, Sakura!”
    “Sakura… hmm... call me Kyo.” He picked up a sakura flower and pressed it against his lips. “You may have noticed that the sakuras are in bloom at this time. Not only now, but, all year around.” He paused. “The rest is a secret.”
    Kyo was a mysterious person but his presence was strangely soothing. Everything amazed me. Everything about this room was unusual; magical almost. The room was like an everlasting spring where winter could not take hold. It seemed to be touched by the heavens and Kyo’s smile kept the darkness away. How could a human create such a thing?
    “Kyo-san, I would like to help with the gardens or.. anything..! I would like to help in anyway I can!”
    “Then come with me to the Shinto Shrine beyond the back gardens. Meet me there at the hour of the horse.”
    “Lady Takashe!” Naome stood at the entrance of the room panting. “My lady, these rooms are forbidden. You shouldn’t wander about.”
    “Ky-” I turned around only to see no one there.
    Naome took me to my room. Other servants brought in tea. I sat looking out the window. The snow fluttered down. From where I was, I could see the back gardens and beyond it the Shinto Shrine of which Kyo had spoken of. Everything looked beautiful and I wanted to drown within it but the thought of marriage kept tugging at me.
    No matter what happened to me I had to obey. I could not disgrace my father’s name. He died for the new era and for me, as a warrior. I wasn’t going to disgrace my father for what he had done.
    I awoke later than I had expected to. It was around the hour of the snake. I got dressed and ate very little. Naome told me I was to see Lord Hakatsu in the evening. It gave me more time to think of how I would approach him but at the same time it made my stomach give way to sickness. I didn’t show it or at least I tried not to.
    I walked down the road which leads to the shrine. The back gardens where bare unlike the inside garden. A stream ran threw the garden all the way past the shrine. Parts of it were frozen. I approached a small bridge which took me across. It started to snow and at that moment I heard a flute. I followed its sound. I was bewitched by it.
    I walked into the shrine and saw Kyo there just as he said I would. He was the one playing the flute. He seemed to be doing some sort of ritual for the gods but stopped when he saw me standing at the door.
    Kyo gave me a bright smile. “Come in and join me.” The room was a work of art. The walls had wondrous pictures of the nature spirits in their glory. The candles burned incense and there were flowers all over, which were given to the gods for thanks for a bountiful year. I gave a prayer to the gods and then went to go sit with Kyo.
    “What brings such a woman to this place? To the Fiji Castle? I’m curious. Why are you a servant?” We sat in a moment of silence. “I apologize. I’m getting into your personal matters.”
    I didn’t know why but I wanted to tell him everything. I wanted him to know. I felt comfortable around him. He seemed different from other men.
    “My father went to war and fought with the Shogunate. He died in battle leaving many debts. My mother fell to sickness and died shortly after. I was an only child, so I went to serve the lords to pay off my father’s debts. Arrangements were made so that I could just pay the rest by working for Lord Fudishi. I had finished paying off everything with my services but I was left with no money and so a marriage was to be held, not only for my needs but also for an alliance among the lords.”
    Kyo looked at me with concern. It may have been pity or compassion. I couldn’t tell.
    “I will obey the lords. I won’t allow myself to disgrace my father’s name. That’s why I’m not running and that’s why I’m here.” I snuck in a smile.
    “Your father… Hakusou… Tsuka.. Sakura.”
    I turned to look at him. “You knew my father!?”
    “Sakura Tsuka..! Was that your name?” Kyo’s eyes held mine.
    “It is.” How could he know my father?!
    Kyo placed something in my hand. I turned it over and over. It was a small doll of a traditional Japanese girl. Tears started to form in my eyes.
    “I gave this to my father before he left. I told him that if he held it close to him, he would never be alone. I was young then.”
    Kyo placed his hand on my shoulder. “He gave it to me before he died. I had fought in war alongside him. He taught me many things for I was only fifteen. He’d always talk of his family and many times I longed for a family of my own for he had a reason to protect and fight. I truly admired him.”
    I managed a smile. “So you are a warrior!” Kyo gave me an awkward look. “I’m sorry.. It’s just that I didn’t know if you were one. You have the look you know.” He laughed. “Thank you. This means so much to me.”
    Kyo took out his flute and started to play. It was so soothing. This time I let the music take me adrift and I fell into a deep sleep.

“My lady.” I awoke from Naome’s voice. She was trying to shake me into reality. I sat up. I’m in my room! How did I get here? Wasn’t I just with Kyo?
    “My lady, you must get ready. There has been a slight change. You are to eat among the lords. There you will meet Lord Hakatsu. We have prepared a bath for you but we must hurry. There is so much to be done.”
    I bathed and dressed. The servants brought in a kimono of many colors. There were sakura petals on it that looked as if they were drifting in the wind. It was so beautiful that I didn’t want to take it. Naome did my makeup.
    When it was all finished I took a look in the looking glass. I stared in awe. I couldn’t believe that the reflection on the other side was me. I was fascinated and pleased.
    The servants guided me to the room where the lords were. Father, Give me courage. I stepped onto the wooden floor.
    “A woman has come to join us?” I heard one of the lords say.
    “Lord Hakatsu, I am amazed. I’d say you have the most beautiful woman in all Japan,” said another.
    “Sit up,” said Lord Hakatsu.
    I sat up and looked upon the face of the one I was to marry and found myself gazing into his eyes. My pulse quickened, drops of sweat started to form all over my body, my heart skipped a beat, and I couldn’t breathe.

The man I am to marry is… Kyo?!
    Last edited by rksamurai; May 17, 2006 at 01:30 PM.
    Thank you Lasura!
    My lover speaks; and he says, 'Arise my beloved my beautiful one and come!' -Song of Songs 2:10

Thanks

<I will be finished writing the next Chapter shortly>
    Thank you Lasura!

Otaku Arnys Battle 2 Champion sora the king of dreams may be famous one day sora the king of dreams may be famous one day sora the king of dreams's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow that is very awesome I can't wait for the rest.

I live in the shadows and I am as fast as the speed of light, but I use my ability's to help people even though they fear me for who I am.

A Brand new Theme song for all my friends who use to come to Ao and the People that still come's to Ao.
    http://video.freevideoblog.com/hotte...7631ca1c2a.htm

Thanks

I gazed out the window of my room. It was about noon. I felt weak and tired from lack of sleep. I kept thinking of Kyo. I was grateful to learn that I was to betrothed him and no other man. I could not ask for a greater blessing.
    Yesterday, while eating with the lords, there was no further conversation between Kyo and me. For that matter, I had not spoken one word through the whole meal. Only the other lords spoke among themselves of the meiji government and its works.
    I was afraid to speak to Kyo now that I learned that he was a lord, who held a lot of power, and I treated him as if he was my equal. I felt I needed to calm my nerves so I went to the inner gardens, the place where I first met Kyo.
    As I stepped inside the garden room, I looked all around to see if anyone was near, but there was no one, not even a servant. I wanted to be alone, especially since this room was forbidden to go into. I stepped inside and noticed the sakuras were wilting. I remembered what Kyo had told me: You may have noticed that the sakuras are in bloom at this time. Not only now, but, all year around. Why were they wilting? I picked one up, but it fell apart just as I touched it.
    I heard a distant sound. The faint noise turned into music. Someone was playing a flute. Kyo. I listened to its delicate sound. Its song seemed to have a particular sadness to it.
    Kyo approached the door and I hid myself from his sight. Then, something unusual happened. There was a cool breeze and then, it started to snow in the gardens. We’re inside a building and it’s snowing?! Then, I realized, that the gardens were feeding off of Kyo’s music, his soul, his emotions. All at once, those emotions rushed through me. They weren’t mine but Kyo’s and I was also reacting to his music, just as the sakuras and everything around them did. Its sound was piercing. The pain was unbearable. I felt the music was tearing me apart, limb by limb. My head ached and my whole body went numb.
    “Pl…ease… stop… Stop!” I cried out. Then, everything went dark and I fainted.

I found myself standing in a green meadow. The sun shone brightly above. Everything was full of life. Nature’s song was full of harmony. In front of me, I saw a tree and a human figure sitting beneath it. I walked closer to it, only to notice that there was, not one, but, two people under it.
    There was a young man, who, laid on the ground, lifelessly, drenched in his own blood and a woman, cradling his head. Tears were flowing down her cheeks.

“I won’t let them take you away. I…I love you!” The young woman tried to hold back her tears, not wanting to show her emotions, but they kept flowing through her. “Please don’t leave me…”
    The young man twitched and opened his eyes. He then held out his hand and touched her wet cheek. “You love me? A murderer? I’ve killed so many and yet you don’t fear me… How? You were my hostage… Why don’t you hate me? Why are you so kind to me after everything I’ve done to you?! I killed your brother! I took everything away from you! And still… unh…” Tears, now, ran down his cheeks.
    “I know but… I’ve learned to even love the man who killed the one closest to me. You can atone for those killings and… If I wanted revenge I would’ve tried to kill you. It’s all in the past and I want to continue to live in the present. You have a good heart. I’ve witness your kindness and your true inner self.” She took his hand and held it in hers. “I may mean nothing to you, but, I at least wanted to tell you how I felt…”
    He smiled. “I love you.” She looked at him, astonished. “You… mean everything to me… When this is all over I want to live with you forever… Will… will… you marry me?”
    “Yes. I will…”

The vision faded, then darkness. Following the darkness were screams. NO!!!!!!!! I won’t let this happen!!! I will kill them!! All of them! Taste the blood by which you spill and eat thy flesh by which you cut. I couldn’t protect her… Damn you!! I will send you to hell!! I’m scared for life and now this blood will never lift. Cries, pain hatred, sadness, death, sin, confusion, desire, I felt them all tear through me.

“Stop! No more…” I sat up, tears rolling down my cheeks. I looked all around me. Everything was picture clear. I laid in a bed inside a snow-white room. The curtains, the table in the center, the bed spread, the declarations, the walls, everything was white. There was a candle lit to bring in light since it was dark outside. “A dream,” I sighed.
    All of the pain I felt around me began to take effect. I wept and prayed to the white goddess of my childhood. Once I had learned of my father’s death, I felt loss and I wanted to take away my existence. When I was in despair, a white goddess appeared to me in a dream. Young one, don’t give up. There is a purpose of your being and you will find the answers. It was the only thing that kept me alive. I kept struggling for that purpose.
    “She’s weak and also has a fever.” I heard two men approach the door.
    “Lady Sakura!” Kyo strolled across the room and knelt beside me. He gave me a concerned look that told me he new I was in a horrible state. My face was still soaked from tears. He turned his head to the young man at the door. “Bring me the herbs.” He took a cup from him and handed it to me. “Here, drink this. It will help.”
    “Lord Hakatsu, you don’t have to do this…”
    “Kyo. Call me Kyo… And I want you to drink it.”
    I accepted the cup and drank from it. The taste was exhilarating. It brought shivers down my spine. Kyo took the cup from me when I finished. “You need to rest now.” He placed his hand on my head. “The medicine should bring your fever down.” Kyo’s words drew fainter and fainter. I grew drowsy. Then I fell asleep.

I awoke and found myself energetic. The medicine Kyo gave me worked wonders. It was snowing hard outside which added on to my excitement. Naome brought in food.
    “My lady, you seem better.” Naome smiled.
    “Yes. I do.”
    “That’s good. Today, Lord Hakatsu competes against other lords such as Lord Kazuka, with the clash of swords. Would you like to watch?”
    “I know Kyo-san was a warrior and fought among the Shogunate. Yes, he must have great skill. Will you accompany me?”
    Naome gave me a disapproving look at first, (I had called his lordship a name of familiarity) but, then, her eyes lightened. “If it is your wish I will come.”
    I smiled and nodded.
    We arrived at the fitness hall out on the backside of the castle. It was about the hour of the horse. I heard the clinging of swords as we approached the entrance. The room was long and wide. It was bright from the sunlight coming in from all sides of the room. The wall to the east held a rack of katanas (long sword), wakizashis (short sword), daggers, knifes, and other fighting utensils. As Noame and I stroll quietly across the room, I watched the men wielding their katana’s with great strength. I had the urge to hold one, to be able to control it at my will. Watching these men astounded me. In a way I envied them for such skills.
    We sat on the mats laid out for us. I had not seen Kyo anywhere in the room. One of the men walked up to us and greeted us. He had a rough thin body but a gentle face. He was older than Kyo and showed signs of aging.
    “Lady Takashe, I’ve heard many things about you. You look just as he described. You beauty is like no other. I don’t understand why Hakatsu apposes to the marriage.” He chucked. What?! We’re NOT getting married? “My lady, I would be delighted if you would accompany me in conversation after these matches.” He smiled and turned to Kyo who had just walked into the room.
    When he was out of hearing range, I turned to Naome. “Is this true?! The marriage won’t take place?”
    Naome lowered her head. “My lady, all that Lord Kazuka says is true. Lord Hakatsu wanted to tell you personally. I heard him speaking about it with other lords. It’s best if you go to him afterward.”
    Drums sounded off, indicating that the matches were about to begin. Ten men lined up in two rows of five. Facing each other, they bowed (It was their code).
    “Here, they don’t fight with wooden swords, but steal katanas, just as if in battle.” Naome explained.
    “Then they could end up killing themselves!”
    “No. It won’t result to that. Injuries, yes. Death, no. They’re not fight to kill, but to exercise their skills and become stronger by learning from their mistakes. Sometimes the only way to do that is to act as if in battle. They come together once a year and let the rhythms of their past flow them once more.”
    Last edited by rksamurai; Aug 29, 2006 at 01:36 PM.
    Thank you Lasura!

Otaku Arnys Battle 2 Champion sora the king of dreams may be famous one day sora the king of dreams may be famous one day sora the king of dreams's Avatar
    Thanks

yet again it is really GOOD keep it up

and I wonder why no one else is posting in here?

I live in the shadows and I am as fast as the speed of light, but I use my ability's to help people even though they fear me for who I am.

A Brand new Theme song for all my friends who use to come to Ao and the People that still come's to Ao.
    http://video.freevideoblog.com/hotte...7631ca1c2a.htm

Thanks

I awoke and found myself energetic. The medicine Kyo gave me worked wonders. It was snowing hard outside which added on to my excitement. Naome brought in food.
    “My lady, you seem better.” Naome smiled.
    “Yes. I do.”
    “That’s good. Today, Lord Hakatsu competes against other lords such as Lord Kazuka, with the clash of swords. Would you like to watch?”
    “I know Kyo-san was a warrior and fought among the Shogunate. Yes, he must have great skill. Will you accompany me?”
    Naome gave me a disapproving look at first, (I had called his lordship a name of familiarity) but, then, her eyes lightened. “If it is your wish I will come.”
    I smiled and nodded.
    We arrived at the fitness hall out on the backside of the castle. It was about the hour of the horse. I heard the clinging of swords as we approached the entrance. The room was long and wide. It was bright from the sunlight coming in from all sides of the room. The wall to the east held a rack of katanas (long sword), wakizashis (short sword), daggers, knifes, and other fighting utensils. As Noame and I stroll quietly across the room, I watched the men wielding their katana’s with great strength. I had the urge to hold one, to be able to control it at my will. Watching these men astounded me. In a way I envied them for such skills.
    We sat on the mats laid out for us. I had not seen Kyo anywhere in the room. One of the men walked up to us and greeted us. His facial skin was rough as his body. He was older than Kyo and showed signs of aging.
    “Lady Takashe, I’ve heard many things about you. You look just as he described. You beauty is like no other. I don’t understand why Hakatsu apposes to the marriage.” He chucked. My head started to spin and my throat became dry. What?! We’re NOT getting married? “My lady, I would be delighted if you would accompany me in conversation after these matches.” He smiled and turned to Kyo who had just walked into the room.
    When he was out of hearing range, I turned to Naome. “Is this true?! The marriage won’t take place?”
    Naome lowered her head. “My lady, all that Lord Kazuka says is true. Lord Hakatsu wanted to tell you personally. I heard him speaking about it with other lords. It’s best if you go to him afterward.”
    Drums sounded off, indicating that the matches were about to begin. Ten men lined up in two rows of five. Facing each other, they bowed (It was their code).
    “Here, they don’t fight with wooden swords, but steal katanas, just as if in battle.” Naome explained.
    “Then they could end up killing themselves!”
    “No. It won’t result to that. Injuries, yes. Death, no. They’re not fighting to kill, but to exercise their skills and become stronger by learning from their mistakes. Sometimes the only way to do that is to act as if in battle. They come together once a year and let the rhythms of their past flow through them once more.
    “The game rules that if you surrender, fall and hit the floor, step out of bounce, or if you’re struck in a way that would normally be fatal, your opponent is declared the winner and you must leave the arena. The winner advances and fights until he loses the match. The katanas that are going to be used have dull blades, which are only used for jabbing, not slicing. You needn’t worry, my lady. These fights are more physical than just the use of weapons.”
    The arena, that took the shape of a perfect square, was no more than Ten feet wide. There were black lines painted on the brown, wooden floor that marked the boundaries. Two of the man stepped into the arena. One looked a bit younger than the other. The younger one was short and thin. He had long hair that was tied back. The older one was a giant compared to the younger one. He was a bit chubby in some areas of his body but he had a large muscular chest and huge arms that would give him the advantage of power. His hair was short and his face held a stern look, keeping his eyes on the boy, who held no expression. They made their bows and the match began.
    The boy stood calm, keeping his sword in the sheath, waiting for the older man to make the first move. The older man wielded his sword with an astounding amount of power. His katana was at least two inches wide and was almost four feet long. It must have weighed a ton. The man swung it at the boy. The boy leaped from side to side, dodging it. He then unsheathed his sword and in a split second he leaped up, landed on the man’s shoulders and held his sword against his neck. The match was over.
    “That is Lord hokei.” Naome said. “Many call him ‘The Cobra’ because of his stile of fighting. He waits for his opponent to move first and strike at him first and while he is being attacked, he studies them to see what kind of skills they have and uses them to his advantage. He waits and then he strikes, like a cobra.”
    Within the next two rounds he defeated two other men, one who fell out of bounce and the other who hit the floor. The boy reminded me of a fox more than a cobra. He seemed to be one of trickery and every man fell to his coaxing. I marveled at his skills.
    “Lord Kazuka fights him next.” Naome grinned. “This will be interesting.”
    Lord Kazuka stepped into the arena. They both bowed and the match began. For a while they both staggered and waved side to side and hadn’t unsheathed their swords. Lord Kazuka, then, charged at the boy, wielded his sword, and held it toward the boy’s belly. The boy looked up at the man in astonishment. He had no time to move against the man’s speed. Lord Kazuka won the match.
    “Such speed!” I watched Kazuka. “I was sure that Lord Hokei had the speed to dodge any attack but lord Kazuka was faster than he.”
    “Lord Kazuka is fast. He defeats his opponent that way, in most cases, but he will have to use a different approach in the next round, against Lord Hakatsu. His speed is remarkable and it far surpasses Lord Kazuka’s.”
    Thank you Lasura!

Thanks

Lord Kazuka stood in the middle of the arena waited for Kyo. He had a smirk of mischief upon his face. He had obviously had been waiting to have this match for a long time. Kyo entered the arena and they bowed. The match began. They stood there, exchanging glances. Then, Kazuka charged after Kyo, stopping the standstill. They wielded their swords. Kyo dodged Kazuka and leaped behind him to strike at his neck and become the victor of the match, but Kazuka whirled around and tried to use his sword as a shield. Kyo was faster and ended up striking Kazuka’s back instead of his neck because of the quick movement Kazuka made. Kazuka laughed. They danced around the arena, striking at each other. Kyo was indeed faster than Kazuke. There were moments where I hardly saw him because of such movement.

My head started to throb. My vision blurred. The room around me disappeared and so did the arena; everything, except Kyo. He stood before me, glancing into the distance. Figures started to appear around him. Death. Bodies laid at Kyo’s feet. His sword was stained with red. He turned to me and looked into my eyes. I shivered. He had the eyes of a demon, red and cold. I dared to look upon his face once more and noticed that was crying, though he held no expression. I held out my hand to touch his face. It felt soft.

“My lady.”
    I jolted and looked at Naome. My hand was stroking he face. I pulled it away.
    “What happened?!” I asked frantically.
    “My lady, you fainted.”
    “Where’s Kyo?”
    “My lord is on his way to get you some medicine for your fever. He was worried.”
    “And the match?”
    “He forfeited. Once you fainted, he brought you to his room and laid you down.”
    I looked around. We were in the same white room I had been in the last time I had fainted. It was evening and the sun was setting. A young monk came into the room. He wore the custom Japanese white robe. His face was gentle, like Kyo’s, and he had short black hair (unfortunately wasn’t bald unlike other monks). He gave Naome a signal to leave the room.
    When she left he spoke in a low whisper. “Lady Tekashe, Lord Hakatsu has been quite concerned of these incidents. He asked for my assistance in trying to see what is happening to you. He believes that these occurrences seem quite unnatural. As you may know, I am a priest, but I’m also a doctor.” He smiled “My lady, you have a gift. I believe that you can see visions. You are connected in some way to Lord Hakatsu. At times your minds act as one, making it possible to see what the other sees. It is a spiritual thing, as it is physical. To see these things, it takes energy and so it drains it from your body, making you unconscious.”
    “A gift? Lately I have been seeing things… Kyo…?”
    “Yes.” He strolled across the room. He then, picked up something that was covered with a white cloth. He brought it next to me and took the cloth off. I gasped. It was a painting of a girl under a sakura tree and, around her, the petals danced. She was the same girl that was in my vision! And she was under the same sakura tree! Then the young man under the tree with her was Kyo?!
    “You’ve seen it.” He said. “His memories… You can help him. You can help him heal. He is still tainted by these memories. We, he and I, share a close relationship but I, myself, cannot help him and yet I’ve wanted to for so long. You have the gift. I ask of you only to try to help him heal his heart… His pain.”
    “I… I don’t understand. Why is it I, who sees these visions? I am no different from other people. Those who are close to him would be better than me.”
    “My lady, you are like a flower. You tremble, fall, and fade away when someone isn’t gentle because you are so fragile. Such flowers have beautiful souls. Only those of such are able to help another who is slowly withering away. The sakura…” He smiled. “I trust the enlightened one. Do the same. For now, just keep smiling.”
    “Father…”
    “Father Mokato. I shall see you in week.” He took the picture and placed it a couple feet away from me. “I want Hakatsu to gaze upon this picture once more. It may be painful, but he must accept the past and see forth the future.” He then turned and left the room.
    Naome came in and brought in trays of food and tea and placed them on the table. I sat at the table and ate. The food refreshed me. I thought of the young monks words. A gift? A way to help him heal? I had felt pain both times I had fainted. Was it really from his memories? From his emotions? Was he really suffering that much? I couldn’t believe that this was happening to me. It was like some fantasy, yet, it was reality. How could I be the one who helps Kyo heal his heart?
    “My lady you are pale.” Naome broke my train of thought. “ You should rest some.”
    “No, I’m fine.” I wasn’t going to rest before I had a chance to speak to Kyo. Mokato, I suspected, didn’t tell him about my visions. I thought that it was best that he knew.
    Naome put her hand against my forehead. “Your fever is gone. My lord will be here soon. I’ll tell him that you no longer need of the medicine.”
    “Yes please. Also tell him I would like to speak with him. Tell him I will meet him in the Shinto Shrine when he gets here. I will be there.”
    “My lady.” She smiled. “I’ll get you some warmer clothes. Shall I accompany you? It’ll be dark.”
    “No, I want to go alone. There are candles in the shrine with enough light to see my way there.”
    Naome dressed me and perfumed my hair. I took the painting and left the room. I stepped outside and the bitter cold hit me. They sky was clear and the crescent moon shone bright above. Piles of snow lay at my feet. The pools that flowed under the bridge were frozen now. I walked over the bridge and toward the shrine. The candles lights shone threw it. I went inside and placed the painting by a stone goddess statue that looked like it had been recently carved. It was warm inside.
    After and few minutes, I heard the tread of footsteps. Kyo stepped inside and immediately bowed, his brow touching the floor. There was no one else beside us. He sat up, looked into my eyes, and smiled.
    “Lady Sakura, it is good that you are feeling well.” He turned his gaze the picture that stood two feet away from where I sat. His face turned pale, his eyes began to water but there were no tears. I could feel his emotions. If I weren’t a woman he may have hit me, for I felt rage starting to build within him, but he controlled himself. After rage, swept sadness. “My… wife…”
    Thank you Lasura!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast