+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Beyond the Distance......

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Beyond the Distance......

unfortunately i only had time to read the first chapter but it's good so far. i look forward to reading the rest of it. I'll give a more in depth comment on it.

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Otaku Arnys Battle 2 Champion sora the king of dreams may be famous one day sora the king of dreams may be famous one day sora the king of dreams's Avatar
    Thanks

great job with the third one

is that the last one or there is another one coming up?

I live in the shadows and I am as fast as the speed of light, but I use my ability's to help people even though they fear me for who I am.

A Brand new Theme song for all my friends who use to come to Ao and the People that still come's to Ao.
    http://video.freevideoblog.com/hotte...7631ca1c2a.htm

Otaku rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai's Avatar
    Thanks

The candle flares danced all over the Shinto Shrine making the statues gleam with a hue of gold. The golden color bounced off the statues and onto the paintings on the walls, making them sparkle. The moon and stars shone ahead giving off a white pigment.
    A chilling breeze ran threw the air but it didn’t touch those in the shrine.
    “Where did you find this?” Kyo look at me in astonishment. He knelt across from me, looking deep into my eyes.
    “It was given to me. I hadn’t found it myself.” I said. “There are many things we should discuss so I thought we would talk here.”
    “This is all true, but what does this all have to do with my wife?”
    “Well…” I paused. “Father Mokato believes that I am able to see the memories of your past. The first time I fainted, I saw… I saw this woman… with a man under that sakura tree.” I pointed to the painting. “She loved that man… I believe that he is you…” I looked upon his face.
    “You saw that?”
    “Yes. It all happened after I saw you in the garden. You were playing a flute and it started snowing… that’s all I remember…”
    “And you saw something while I was fighting against Kazuka?”
    “Yes. It was the second time it happened. I saw-”
    “I know what you saw. I heard your words calling out to me while you were unconscious.”
    “Oh.” I said. “Father Mokato believes that our minds act as one…”
    “He gave you this picture didn’t he?”
    “Yes, but he only wants to prove his theory.” I didn’t dare tell him the real reason he gave it to me. He was a lord and he had the authority to have anyone put to death. “I didn’t mean to get in to your personal business, but I also thought that you should know about this.”
    “I knew about this before anyone. Your father was connected to me and this is happening because of my ruthlessness. I brought you here just to enlighten my interest. I never thought that your soul would be connected to my past. I thought you were a woman who could bring me peace of mind as your father did to me. I brought you here as a way of repent but it haunts me… You should know the truth… now…that you see these things and know of my darkness.
    “During Bakufu and the Meiji Restoration, my father had set up business associating with the Tokugawa. He financed them and in return, he received his own personal military. Well, they were more like, personal guards. It contained of only a few men that were of the Shinsengumi, the elite. My father was a wealthy man and became even richer off of the goods that were sold during the war. I had no interest in my father’s doings. Such things got him killed, leaving me his money. My interests were within the war itself. I went off to war to find action and since my father worked with the Shogunate, I decided to join them, though I wasn’t concerned his personal business, but when they were talked of, it drew my interests.
    “Once I was among the shogun, I met your father. He brought in new interests other than war. He talked of his family and of you. My father gave no interest in me as I with him and so I followed Hakusou, as if he was my own father. We fought alongside each other in war and he gave me his protection. He taught me many things about war, not only how to kill a man, but also to know the opponent of which I was slay; to see in the eyes of that person. He thought that it was important. I watched and stood by his side for two years.
    “Kajime Hokitsu, man who held many grudges against my real father fought among the Ishin Shishi “Patriots.” My father had an affair with his wife, which lead to other things. To get revenge, he attempted to bring upon my death and attain the money, which I owned and he would use it to disgrace my father by ruining the rest of his family and business. Such things could be done, but he needed my death.
    “I was able to take a hostage: Hokitsu’s wife’s only daughter, Kajime Taki. As you saw in your vision, I ended up falling in love with her. We were married, without legal permission. The Lords, who supported my father and Tokugawa, thought I was disgracing them so they had Taki killed for, what they thought was disobedience under their rule. This enraged me. They killed the one who meant most to me and I wasn’t going to work with such barbaric people.
    “I turned to the Ishin Shishi. They accepted me partly because of my skills, but also because of my money, which I supported them with. So I fought with them during Bakumatsu to bring revenge upon the shogun…” He paused. “There were battles in Kyoto, and many men of the shogunate fought there. I met up with your father. Forced, I fought against him… and killed him. I murdered your father. We were put in a position that we were unable to get out of… I couldn’t avoid it…
    “I took you in thinking I could repent for what I had done… and I almost believed that by bringing you into my home, Hakusou would come back to me and I would gain his forgiveness and things would be just as it was… without war. I thought that these memories would stop tainting me, but they only became worst…
    “Your father died without struggle. He knew that he was the enemy to the country, and to show that he believed in the Ishin Shishi and the outcome of Japan would be peace, he died under my sword. Others that knew him understood his act and followed his footsteps by bring peace to the new era. He did not die a disgraceful death. He died for peace.”
    Tears poured down Kyo’s cheeks. “These memories taint me… Sakura… I …”
    “My father was going to die even if it wasn’t under your hand. He worked as a spy for the Ishin Shishi and posed as one of the shogunate. He obtained many skills from the shogun by their training but he set his eyes on true peace, an era without Tokugawa. He was eventually caught. Our family heard of this from a friend who worked with him. We learned that he was to die a disgraceful death but didn’t.” I looked upon his face and he looked up at me. I looked into his eyes. They reflected the pain which he had suffered threw the years. I was shocked to hear that this man was the one who had killed my father but I realized it was best that way. This man was the best person to have carried out his death. I knew that my father must have wanted it to happen that way. If he was going to die, he would die under this man’s sword and by no one else. No other way.
    “I hold no grudge. If you wish to no longer proceed with the marriage, then, I can leave or live here and serve under you.” I gave him a gentle smile. “My father would want your happiness. I don’t expect an answer now. I just wanted you to know that I will follow what ever is decided.”
    “What do YOU want?” My heart quickened. I didn’t know what to say to this. I had found myself think of my own happiness. THIS was my happiness. To be next to Kyo was my happiness. To listen to his voice was my happiness. His enchantment was my happiness. To be at peace and live here was my happiness. I found myself wanting it. No. I must put these feelings aside. It was selfish to think this way.
    I grabbed Kyo’s wrist and pulled him outside. Clouds had formed in the sky and it was snowing now. I smiled. “This is what I want. Peace and happiness. I want other people see the beauty of white snow. If you look in the distance, you can see the white goddess who smiles upon you. Let the cool wind take you adrift. Hear the music that is all around you. And let yourself taste the world’s goodness.
    “There is a reason we are alive. There are questions whose answers are yet to be found. That’s why we can’t give up. We learn from our mistakes and repent for our sins. We look forward to the future, not only for ourselves but for others as well.
    “It’s ok to feel pain and sadness but we should not let ourselves dwell within it. I try to forget the pain, but not the memory. I want to remember my father, but not sadness when I feel his presence. So when I see him, he’s always smiling. His spirit visits me at times so I am not alone. I am happy and I want others to achieve the same happiness.”
    We looked out to the snow. It gave me excitement. I had a childish feeling, wanting to play in it. Kyo stood lifelessly next to me. He seemed to be deep in thought. His face held no expression. The wind blew threw his long dark hair. The candle flares gave his eyes a glare.
    “Your words are true but I feel I need time alone.” He said. “I ask that you stay here until I dismiss you. Go and rest for now. It is late.”
    “My lord.” I bowed my head and turned toward the bridge that lay ahead. As I walked across the gardens I heard a faint sound of a flute.
    Thank you Lasura!
    My lover speaks; and he says, 'Arise my beloved my beautiful one and come!' -Song of Songs 2:10

Otaku rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai's Avatar
    Thanks

I awoke quite early so I decided to go to the kitchens to try to make something to eat. When I got there, it was empty. So I looked around for supplies. I ended up making rice-balls and ohagi.
    “Sakura, you should let the servents do this.” Naome scolded.
    “I like to cook.”
    “I have to admit these are good.” She tasted one of the rice-balls. “You seemed to have really enjoyed the swordplay. Well that is, after you fainted. I was wandering if my lady would like to go down to the gymnasium and look about now that there’s no activity?”
    “Yes! We can go after breakfast!”
    The gymnasium looked bigger than before. I guess it was because it was empty except for Naome and me. I strolled across the room over to the weapons that were displayed.
    “Do you know any martial arts?” I asked Naome. “I know that is a strange question, but it could be possible.”
    “I only know little. My brother and I use to play around with my father’s shinai. I could show you.” She went into a room and came out holding two wooden swords. Then she placed my hands on the handle. “This is how you hold it.”
    She showed me a couple of movements and we played and tossed around the floor, swinging at each other, have fun. Later we worked with bows. By the time it was noon, I was hungry and exhausted.
    “Have you seen Kyo at all today?” I asked Naome who was bringing in food.
    “I have not seen my lord today. He has requested that no one is to see him.”
    “I knew he wanted to be alone… Oh by the way, why don’t you eat with me?”
    “If you want, my lady.”
    “Yes.” Naome was not so surprised, as she had been the day we had first met, that I was treating her with the respect of lady, than a servant. Within these past days I had grown fond of her. We shared a close bond. I trusted her, as I did no one else.
    “After I finish, I will go to Kyo and give him some of the rice-balls I made earlier and some tea. I know he wants to be alone, but he needs eat and there are no other maids who are to serve him from what you say.”
    “I see no point in arguing with you because you wouldn’t even listen if I did. Though, I believe in what you say. You are the best person to help my lord. I have realized that he seems to have a different attitude toward you than any other woman. I’ve served under him for almost ten years and I this is the first time I have seen him act differently towards any woman. His eyes lighten up when he see you. There is a feeling of happiness all around the Fiji castle ever since you came here, not only from my lord, but everyone it seems.”
    “I don’t believe that. You credit me too much. From what you say, I get the impression you’re telling me that Kyo has feelings for me. I don’t believe that… He… He only wants to be free of his guilt. He wants only to find happiness... the happiness that he lost long ago.”
    “I didn’t say he has feelings for you, my lady. All I’m saying is that he sees you differently from other woman. His actions toward you are different. I feel that he respects you more like a man than a woman.”
    “I… I don’t understand why he would… except because…” Because of my father. I thought. “Never mind. I know that everything will turn out.”

Naome had no notion of Kyo’s current location, but I had a pretty good idea of where he was. I listen to the usual sounds as I walked from room to room. There were maids rushing to get the evening meals ready and sounds of the movements of feet as they strolled across the floor. The warm rice-balls and cool tea lay on the tray in my hands. There was a bit of nerviness that came over me. I didn’t know what to expect for by this action I was being disobedient. The intention didn’t matter and I could be killed at the spot.
    I stepped inside the sakura garden and my negative emotions escaped me. I looked upon the trees that once were whithered away and now were restored except the flowers were not yet blooming. Kyo…This place was his inner soul. There was still confusion, but the piercing pain that once dwelled here was gone. Though I felt sadness.
    I walked around the garden. I found Kyo sitting next to a fountain, one I had not seen in my previous visits. He was gazing into the distance. His eyes did not take hold of anything.
    I touch him on the shoulder to bring him back to reality. “Kyo-san, I brought something for you to eat.” I smiled. “You must eat… It is unhealthy for you to go on without being nourished.” My heartbeat quickened. I found myself staring into his eyes and upon his face of beauty. I started to shake and tremble.
    Without saying a word he took one of the rice-balls, nibbled at it at first, and then ate it. He took another. “These are good.” He said with delight. “You must have made them. I don’t know any servant of mine who can make such delicious food.” He smiled. His mood was different from yesterday. I didn’t see any pain or anger in his eyes. He seemed to be in high spirits.
    “I’m glad I could help in some way. Are you feeling better?”
    “Yes I am. I’ve been in thought for some time. I hadn’t slept at all last night and yet I don’t feel weary. I somehow knew you would come here even though I had asked to be alone. So I guess you can say I’ve been expecting you.
    “I’m going to try to live in peace in this era once more. My past is just memories. This is what is known now but there is still something yet to be decided.” His face drew closer to mine. His hand touched my cheek. I could feel his breath against my skin. He came closer and put his arms around me. Then his lips pressed against mine. I stood motionless. My pulse quickened even more. I thought I was going to faint from the shock.
    He lifted his face and looked into my eyes. “I want you to know how I feel. I want you to stay here and be my wife, but only if it’s your will. If not, I will give you enough money to live on your own.”
    I smiled. “I’ll stay.”
    Thank you Lasura!
    My lover speaks; and he says, 'Arise my beloved my beautiful one and come!' -Song of Songs 2:10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2