+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Death Is Not The End.

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Death Is Not The End.

Well I'd just like to say that I don't believe in spirits or souls and all that mumbo jumbo but I thought this would be an interesting theme for a poem so I whent along with it. It's one of my more gruesome and derogatory poems. Enjoy.

Deat Is Not The End

Death is not the end
    It's only the beginning
    Death is not the end
    Just the end of mortal sinning

Just when you thought
    You'd get to sleep forever
    You wake up to death
    And you've got a new endeavor

To make everybody pay
    For how they treated you
    Here comes the pain
    It's Wrath born anew

Infect their dreams
    Show them your nightmare
    Tear them by the seams
    Hold them in your snare

Now cut their throats
    And watch them bleed
    Now take their blood
    And make them see
    Not everyone dies
    And rests in peace

Spirits may flow towards the skies
    But only to use their eagle eyes
    To spot the ones who stained their hearts
    And pay them back with evil arts

To spot the ones who burnt their souls
    And put them in six foot holes
    To spot the ones who hurt them most
    And if they see you you're f**kin' toast
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Otaku -=Broken^Halo=- may be famous one day -=Broken^Halo=- may be famous one day -=Broken^Halo=-'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Death Is Not The End.

Interesting. Kind of cliche in my opinion, but you delivered it well. I should share some of my more devious poetry with you. I think you'd love it.
    Fr3aK~0f~N@Tu|23

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for the input, I read your poem also so I'll be sure to comment on it. However I am curious to know how my poem is cliche; maybe you can offer me some constructive advice.

And I'd be glad to read the rest of your poems .

Otaku -=Broken^Halo=- may be famous one day -=Broken^Halo=- may be famous one day -=Broken^Halo=-'s Avatar
    Thanks

"Death isn't the end"

The whole concept has been done for more or less 2000 years. you know, by the christians ..

eh heh nah man, I've just written jsut about everything, and you use a lot of same kind of phrases I have before, so it's nothing quite new to me. Nothing personal, doesn't mean your bad, just means you got a little time to develop.
    Fr3aK~0f~N@Tu|23

Thanks

Well, that analogy doesn't really hold up, no offense. This isn't one of those "Death is not the end; There is also heaven" poems trying to comfort someone about death by explaining it away through religious context. It's about how someone's anger can be carried over to the afterlife and utilized as a weapon to take revenge on those who caused the spirit's anguish and suffering.

I know the topic of souls passing on has been exhaustingly discussed/debated but this poem doesn't really pertain to the whole heaven or hell thing or what Christianity suggests a soul normally does after it leaves the body. This poem is not governed by the teachings of any single religion, so it's not as cliche as one might initially think.

Though, it could be considered mildly cliche when compared to "The Grudge" lol.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; Jun 19, 2007 at 12:00 AM.

Thanks

You missed my point. I wasn't useing christianity as an analogy, but rather and example. Every religion practices that death isn't the end. Even buhddist, Death only becomes new life, in a cycle. And what you're getting at too, about the afterlife, an entity lingering around with an abundance of negative energy targeted at a specific being or event. But, if you want to get technical, that's not what the poem is about AT ALL.

It's a metaphor, perhaps created through the subconciousness of your own psych. It's telling me you're going through a hard time, someone treated you wrongfully, and you feel trapped against it, wanting to have a way to get revenge or appease your grief. You translate that into spectral behaviour which could mean your possibly succeptable to suicidal thoughts, though the action is unlikely considering you don't write about suicide directly and rather only dance around the subject of death.

Close?
    Fr3aK~0f~N@Tu|23

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by -=Broken^Halo=- View Post
    It's a metaphor, perhaps created through the subconciousness of your own psych. It's telling me you're going through a hard time, someone treated you wrongfully, and you feel trapped against it, wanting to have a way to get revenge or appease your grief. You translate that into spectral behaviour which could mean your possibly succeptable to suicidal thoughts, though the action is unlikely considering you don't write about suicide directly and rather only dance around the subject of death.

Close?
    Oh, you've figured me out quite nicely haven't you you observative little devil ? Yes I'm going through a hard time (emotionally anyway), and I want to take out my frustration on the one's that have been causing my recent grief, which I'll do soon enough. The only thing you are mistaken about is I have written about suicide in this "cliche" poem. If indeed everything that's been written about or expressed more than once is cliche.

Gooddye

This is the end
    I can't go on
    Following the death trend
    My will to live is gone

Just can't believe
    I'm leaving like this
    All I want now
    Is one last kiss

I lye here thinking
    With this thing against my head
    Will everyone go on ticking
    Once I am dead

Will the Earth still go round
    Will people remember me
    Once I'm in the ground
    Or will they forget to see

How once I lived
    How I existed in this hell
    And how I loved to give
    Or maybe they just can't tell

Because I did so little
    I stuck to the shadows
    Now they won't notice me
    Hanging from the gallows

I wish I could stay
    That I didn't have to die
    Now it pains me to say
    This is the end
    Goodbye

Now you said something about showing me some of your more devious poems?

+ Reply to Thread