Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Demise Of A Dumb Axiom

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Demise Of A Dumb Axiom

They say those who do not learn history repeat history.
    But with folks in the know it is still the same horrid story.
    And the decisions being made are dumber than dumb.
    It is not who learns that is better, but who learns from.

There is a phrase that "those who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it." It is a great little bit of fastfood type philosophy and makes us all feel so good. After all years of enlightenment from one stupid little phrase that fits on the side of a box or hallmark postcard. But is it true. No. If it were would we be making the same mistakes that we have made in the past. No the phrase is stupid armchair wisdom. Just because we make a little bit of a history book it doesn't make us any better. It is those who learn from histroy. There are a lot of idiots out there thar can recite every date of this war or that. Doesn't mean you learned anything from it.

I apology to the moderators who are probably already offend even though they may not read the full thing.W
    Last edited by beast; Oct 09, 2009 at 05:05 PM.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Demise Of A Dumb Axiom

Yet you don't learn from your mistakes from breaking the rules... way to make fun of yourself there Beast

Now, if you really don't like us mods, Why are you here?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Yet you don't learn from your mistakes from breaking the rules... way to make fun of yourself there Beast

Now, if you really don't like us mods, Why are you here?
    Actually I did learn from my mistakes, there is nothing in this post that can cause it to be deleted. Of course other than your own narrow perceptions that is. But you see I did learn from history. The Shah of Iran the state funded rise of sadam hussein, the rise of power in the taliban. America The Beautiful. Of course when I make reference to anything on this site that mentions that we may be better off if we spent one third of the money we spend on waging wars you can't fight to help build countries up the Obama sycophants which you are a part of delete the thread. Tell me something do you actually read stuff before it doesn't pass a leftist test.

To Anser the question on why I am initally here, the Poem of the Month contests used to be run interestingly. It gave me a chance to measure myself against others. I didn't like the changes so I returned just one more time to defeat a moderator and that was it. I just stayed around after that. There are not really many places to post poems like this. Well actually now this place sucks and if you even give an opinion the moderators don't like your stuff is deleted. I will probably leave soon but I want to get my friends contact info. I hope this answers all your questions.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I'm not going to have to separate you two aren't I?

beast take it from me, aceman67 is NOT singling you out here. He enforces the rules of AO. You might not like each other all that much but by my knowledge aceman67 does not hold vendettas against anyone here. Nor does he abuse his position to mute people who do not share his personal opinion.

If you want to discuss the United States' overseas operations/policies feel free to bring it up in the debate and discuss section of the message boards.

Thanks

I don't think Aceman is singling me out I think he is simngling out people who don't agree with him. The problem is that if I even bring up any negative points of the war on terror or the Obama administration it gets deleted or edited. Even journal entries are being deleted by Cowboy Bebop. I agree offensive entries should not be tolerated but if the fact that people disagree with you is what offends you, you just need a thicker skin. This is life the interacial marriage topic where if you thought it was okay you got hate mail from aceman. Even you edited out the parts of my post where I say I apologize if I offend people. That now is apperantly offensive. This site is managed more like 1984 than it is 2009.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    I don't think Aceman is singling me out I think he is singling out people who don't agree with him. The problem is that if I even bring up any negative points of the war on terror or the Obama administration it gets deleted or edited. Even journal entries are being deleted by Cowboy Bebop. I agree offensive entries should not be tolerated but if the fact that people disagree with you is what offends you, you just need a thicker skin. This is life the interracial marriage topic where if you thought it was okay you got hate mail from aceman. Even you edited out the parts of my post where I say I apologize if I offend people. That now is apparently offensive. This site is managed more like 1984 than it is 2009.
    As I have mentioned before, aceman67 is not singling out people who do not agree with him, nor does this staff have a right wing agenda.
    I will have to see some evidence of the claims you're making here.

Thanks

Unfortunetaly because the best evidence is deleted threads there is no evidence. Journals entries have been deleted and I clean out my mailbox on a regular basis. Does anyone come to the poetry forum anymore to comment on the poems. Is that dead. Could you at least say something about the Stanzas or what meters are used, use of rhyme scheme. Something that has to do with the art of literature. I mean the poetry forum seems so dead these days.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Does anyone come to the poetry forum anymore to comment on the poems. Is that dead. Could you at least say something about the Stanzas or what meters are used, use of rhyme scheme. Something that has to do with the art of literature. I mean the poetry forum seems so dead these days.
    I doubt many people here have a lot of knowledge concerning poem structure.

As for the evidence you are lacking. Let it rest for now, and if you feel you're being wronged again, send me a private message and I'll look into it.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast