Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Demise Of A Dumb Axiom

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Demise Of A Dumb Axiom

Does anyone come to the poetry forum anymore to comment on the poems. Is that dead. Could you at least say something about the Stanzas or what meters are used, use of rhyme scheme. Something that has to do with the art of literature. I mean the poetry forum seems so dead these days.
    Do you think you bring life to this forum with banter concerning your personal feelings toward the staff here?
    Do you think those of us who DO have an appreciation for art and literature care to view you're exploitations? Theres a right and wrong way to do things here. Venting your feelings and thoughts in a work of poetry is more than acceptable. Even if said feelings are toward staff. But do leave something to the imagination. Let US wonder who the aggression is toward. Let your art speak for itself rather than spelling out "MODERATOR" in your work. Or offering explanations which are more in depth than the pieces themselves. Do you expect any of us to appreciate you WORK? If you do, then please... let your ART do the talking so that we CAN appreciate it!

You have written some interesting works, I'll admit. But statements like this :
    To Anser the question on why I am initally here, the Poem of the Month contests used to be run interestingly. It gave me a chance to measure myself against others. I didn't like the changes so I returned just one more time to defeat a moderator and that was it.
    That's a huge turn off...
    Do you actually care about art and literature? You don't even seem to take the time to edit your own posts! You are all caught up on defeating, and being "victorious". when really, your work often leaves much to be desired in my opinion. Not to mention victory or defeat has NOTHING to do with art.

As to this piece, it's better than the one you just recently had closed, but still rings to be obnoxious and hypocritical. You call out "moderators" directly, right in your "poetry" thread. Then seem to be annoyed when what you get is the attention of mods rather than sincere assessment of your work.

To be quite frank, you're showing out tragically took AWAY form your own work. What potentially could have been an interesting piece was overshadowed by your own attention seeking and drama.
    ... Not Ever Again...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peach_follows For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Oct 11, 2009)

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah Peach Follows, Peach Follows. The great part of the internet is that you don't have to view these poems. There is nothing that makes you click on the link other than yourself. You saw it was one of my entries and could not resist. Maybe you are an artistic masochist, and don't like my work but yet you still click on it and read it. Clearly it gets some reaction out of you. That makes me happy, it shows you are an active reader. So if you had written this poem which is "Demise Of A Dumb Axiom." What would you change?

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

You're failing to see the point, Beast. There are actually people who read EVERYBODY'S poetry, with or without commenting their work. You don't have to click the link, you're right. However, you're carrying yourself in a manner that is unprofessional as an artist and inconsiderate as a member of an online COMMUNITY. If you wanted something to change in this forum in a positive way, you wouldn't be doing things here in a negative fashion.

Then when someone tries to tell you of your actions, instead of--I dunno, maybe--actually listening to the moderator's advice or trying to understand that you're not being singled out; you go on and start acting like it's okay to act the way you're acting. Take it from someone who's been in similar situations here on AO. It's not worth getting banned for abusing the poetry thread to be a D-Bag. You gotta choose your battles. If you have a problem with a mod, then try to talk it out with said moderator.

There's no moderator who's willing to waste their time to try to single out one user out of 30,000+ members here. That's petty and that's cheap. There's no user here who's gonna see you're blatantly showing your rear end in a section of the site they happen to spend a good amount of time in. And there's no reason for you to act like you're god's gift to AO, just because you have some writing skills.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

!aceman67 (Oct 11, 2009)

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes beast, I am an active reader. The literature I frequent exceeds far beyond YOUR poetry. With that said, I agree with you. You SHOULD be happy that you've been included. I also never said anything about disliking this piece. I actually said it had the potential to be interesting had it not been choked out by a winded, taunting explanation.
    Obviously that would be something I would change about the piece.

Also, recognize that many people have a natural tendency to be drawn to a spectacle. With 90 some odd views, why would I not click the damned link? Especially seeing you've caught the attention of staff.
    ... Not Ever Again...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Peach_follows For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Oct 11, 2009)

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

hmph...

Closing, Beast's got the point people, and if not, well, that's his problem.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2