+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Excursion

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Excursion

There he is.
    Sitting on a bench in
    a Yu-Gi-Oh! shirt.

Drawing in his sketchbook
    keeping his mind off the hurt.

Suddenly his phone rings;
    it vibrates on his side.
    It's his close friend, Frank.
    She says, "Let's go on a ride!"

He agrees--as usual--and
    packs up his gear. And hopes
    she doesn't have any need
    to vent and scream in his ear.

Finally, she arrives and he
    jumps in the car. She says,
    "We're pickin' up Joey, 'cause
    he's not too far."

So the course is set and
    better yet, Frankie just picked
    up a pack of Swishers,
    then his phone rings again:
    "Tell Frank to pick me up, Mister!"

That was Chan, and her plan
    was to ride along, because
    she's tired of chillin' at home
    listening to the same songs.

So they scoop her up, since
    she's on the way to Joe.
    The more the merrier;
    and away we go!!!

He must've got pissed off
    and went out for a walk;
    'cause when we pulled up, that
    dude was strollin' down the block.

"Jump in!", they exclaim
    and he opens the door.
    Now the roster has been
    changed from three to four.

Back to the man who's
    wearing his Yu-Gi-Oh! shirt.
    Now he's with his friends,
    and doesn't even notice that he hurts.

All the smiles and the laughter
    makes the pain fade away.
    And it also gives him hope
    so he can face another day.

**This poem was inspired by a Yu-Gi-Oh! T-shirt I bought about an hour or so ago. ^_^**

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Excursion

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    There he is.
    Sitting on a bench in
    a Yu-Gi-Oh! shirt.

Drawing in his sketchbook
    keeping his mind off the hurt.

Suddenly his phone rings;
    it vibrates on his side.
    It's his close friend, Frank.
    She says, "Let's go on a ride!"

He agrees--as usual--and
    packs up his gear. And hopes
    she doesn't have any need
    to vent and scream in his ear.

Finally, she arrives and he
    jumps in the car. She says,
    "We're pickin' up Joey, 'cause
    he's not too far."

So the course is set and
    better yet, Frankie just picked
    up a pack of Swishers,
    then his phone rings again:
    "Tell Frank to pick me up, Mister!"

That was Chan, and her plan
    was to ride along, because
    she's tired of chillin' at home
    listening to the same songs.

So they scoop her up, since
    she's on the way to Joe.
    The more the merrier;
    and away we go!!!

He must've got pissed off
    and went out for a walk;
    'cause when we pulled up, that
    dude was strollin' down the block.

"Jump in!", they exclaim
    and he opens the door.
    Now the roster has been
    changed from three to four.

Back to the man who's
    wearing his Yu-Gi-Oh! shirt.
    Now he's with his friends,
    and doesn't even notice that he hurts.

All the smiles and the laughter
    makes the pain fade away.
    And it also gives him hope
    so he can face another day.

**This poem was inspired by a Yu-Gi-Oh! T-shirt I bought about an hour or so ago. ^_^**
    I like it. We should totally do this soon. too bad I have to babysit tonight. But I am going to se if I can be back at ten and stay the night since joe is going to robbies.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Glad you like it! You should start using Quick Reply, Chan! It doesn't make you quote me every time I write a poem. ^_^

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

lol nice... you get inspiration from shirts!? Cool! I admire that... maybe I should try and write about my new shoes? lol

A really nice poem and I know how the lyrical "me" (or you probably) feels- it's great to have friends and one of the reason is that they can help you foget your sadness... ^^

A great work again Sprout, enjoyed reading this!

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    lol nice... you get inspiration from shirts!? Cool! I admire that... maybe I should try and write about my new shoes? lol

A really nice poem and I know how the lyrical "me" (or you probably) feels- it's great to have friends and one of the reason is that they can help you foget your sadness... ^^

A great work again Sprout, enjoyed reading this!
    Yeah, I bought this kick ass Yu-Gi-Oh! shirt, and took it to work with me. I'm thinkin' to myself, "I wonder how the shirt looks on me, what would I be doing in it?" So, I started writing. ^_^

Thanks for your comments, I appreciate your input.

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

i like that the first part mentioned yu gi oh rock on i love your emotional and happy poems♥daprincess
    Yeah, Bye.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmyloser View Post
    i like that the first part mentioned yu gi oh rock on i love your emotional and happy poems♥daprincess
    Thanks! ^_^ I had to give Yu-Gi-Oh! some props. LOL. No, seriously though. I bought the shirt and was like, "I feel inspired to write!" ^_^

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

I really like your happier less longing stuff too. Reminds me of the you I get when we're not around anyone else. We need to do something this week. or this weekend.

+ Reply to Thread